“No customer friendly.”

Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #14 of 157 Hotels in Denver
“No customer friendly.”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Changed reservation without knowledge or approval. Sent us on a wild goose chase for another room. Staff did not care and would not take responsibility for the mistake even after showing them my confirmation and then wanted to overcharge me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
LORTON
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I hosted a training event for approx. 20 people at an off-site location during 4-6 March 2015 and secured 20 sleeping rooms at this hotel for our group. Everyone in our group enjoyed the stay and really liked the Homewood suites for its amenities, services and value. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely come back to this hotel the next time I am in the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am here now, and have been in room #215 since March 1st ,leaving today.I've been traveling for business for more than three decades and yesterday, as I was thinking about my stay here, I realized something that I've begun to gravitate toward unconsciously is driven by those 3+ decades of experience.

For many years in my career I stayed in the stereotypical hotels used by business travelers. As the most senior executive in my company when staying in a hotel my hotel choice frequently had everything to do with services provided, dining choices and to be honest, the perceived need to impress business associates, prospects, partners, etc.

So yesterday I asked myself why it is that I now seek out hotels that offer more space, fewer services and a less prestigious address. The answer? I am the poster child for an educated consumer.

What I want in a hotel is peace and rest, some space to move around in, a clean room in good repair with comfortable furnishings and an attentive and friendly staff. I'm happy to say this this hotel meets and exceeds all of the criteria I have mentioned.

It's located close enough to DIA to be convenient (11 minutes) and far enough away to be quiet. There are multiple (admittedly not 5 Star) restaurant choices within 3 minutes, including two steakhouses (Tads and Outback), a Sushi/Thai (amazingly good and affordable), and even some fast food healthy choices. If you don't want to leave your room, or don't have a rental car, many of these restaurants deliver to your room. Nearby Tower Road (3 miles) is more of a residential area and as a result has multiple restaurants, grocery store, banks, drugstores, dry cleaners, etc., etc.

But for me, while all those things may be convenient, it's not why I stay here. The rooms are immaculate, as are all of the common areas (hallways and carpets, elevator, dining room, lobby, parking lot, exercise room and business center) and the staff is very friendly as well as very helpful. I'm not a drinker but they also offer complimentary adult beverages during the evening happy hour, coffee, breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal,waffles, toast, fruit, yogurt) and dinner (simple food, not extravagant like Meat Loaf, Tilapia, Grilled Chicken, etc.) all included in your stay. For the traveler on a budget, or a family traveling together, this results in meaningful savings.

It took a little while for me to realize that $16.00 for two eggs, toast and a side meat is highly priced (In NYC that $24-32 depending on where you are eating), not to mention another $60-125 for dinner (per person). That the privilege of parking my car myself will cost $25-42 dollars per day (not just big cities - Hilton Torrey Pines in La Jolla - $25 per day to self-park, $30 valet) is obscene.

I've realized that I like to stay in something more comfortable and guest friendly. I don't want to spend another night sandwiched between small rooms where I can hear the occupant of either room talking, coughing or hearing their preferred electronic entertainment.

This is a great hotel. I've stayed in multiple hotels in this area (Gateway Park in Aurora) as well as the pricey hotels in downtown Denver. I like it here, a lot, a lot better than it's brethren here at DIA and much better than anything downtown.

If you care more about the stay itself than a marquee name you'll be happy here. Many thanks to staff and management at this property for a restful and productive stay. I'll be back soon.

PROS
Excellent Value
Excellent Staff
Quiet
Spacious Rooms
Comfortable Rooms
Clean
Convenient
Onsite Services
Easy access to downtown Denver and Denver International
Nearby dining and services within minutes

CONS
Slow - very slow, elevator.

Room Tip: Just ask at check-in for anything you need help with, including room preference. My experience with...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank P K
Boulder, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My family stayed at this Homewood Suites for a weekend for a convention. We'd never stayed at one before and were thrilled by what we got. The room was clean and spacious, the kitchen amenities were a huge help, the complimentary breakfast was fresh and good and served with a smile, and the staff were uniformly excellent. Our gripes, if any, were tiny: the room's thermostat didn't want to stay where we wanted it until we fussed with it a bit, the wireless Internet could be slow at times, and the pool and exercise room were very small. Small blots on a perfect weekend, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Denver, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had to travel to Denver for business. We picked the Homewood suites since it was close to where we would be working. It was a great decision! Great rooms, great price and great amenities. I really liked the 24 hour coffee service in the "Lodge". I was still on east coast time and would just enjoy the free coffee while waiting for my coworkers to get up. I will stay here again the next time I come out for work.

Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had an early flight, so I wanted to stay near the airport. This Homewood Suites was an excellent choice to stay for the night. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the shuttle service was prompt. Great stay

Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a great hotel to use for an extended stay in the Denver Metro west area. Very near highways 70 and 225 with great access to downtown Denver attractions or the ski country. Very friendly staff, hot breakfast every morning, and a welcome home meal with complementary beer and wine weekday evenings. The rooms are large and tastefully furnished. The maids keep the rooms spotless. I really enjoy the FREE wireless internet access and 24 hour hot beverage service. There is also a well furnished exercise room and a heated indoor pool with Jacuzzi. Your really can't beat the amenities offered for the price at Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member you can 'check-in' on-line before you arrive and select yo...