“Wonderful B&B”

Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio
Ranked #6 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Helen is truly a great hostess. Her hospitality and interest in her guests makes your stay beyond enjoyable. Located within walking distance to many sites in Denver makes for a wonderful getaway. Next time in Denver will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bubba1966

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed for a week in the Vivaldi suite and I loved the lightness. Well, with the six windows in this top floor suite there is delightful brightness and with the landlady’s hospitality there is always a wonderful easiness in the air. Too bad, only, that I did not bring along my sheet music to play on the grand piano downstairs. The breakfast meals are delicious. The landlady is always prepared to help, to give good advice, and to care warm and friendly for all the guests. The Adagio is an excellent accommodation to stay for an extended period.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TKA19
Adagio_Denver, Owner at Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your kind words with respect to my B&B. We are always so thrilled to know that our guests enjoyed their time spent with us. And, of course, we love having the opportunity to share a portion of our lives with our guests. When we spend time with each other, we all benefit. This is why I love doing what I do.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our extended Valentine's Day weekend staying in the Copland Suite. The bed was especially comfortable. The courtyard out back is fenced in and provides lots of privacy. The hostess' breakfast was probably one of the best B&B breakfasts I have ever had... and she killed it every day we were there. Very friendly hostess. We really hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H
Adagio_Denver, Owner at Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

What a nice surprise to see that you reviewed our place and had such nice things to say about us. It was definitely a pleasure having you here and our other guests enjoyed visiting with you at breakfast as well. I will be delighted to see you again when you can get away for a few days in Colorado.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We travelled to this B&B with my family, i.e. wife, baby and mother. Ages ranging from 1month to over 80 years. Helen treated us all in the best way. She would even take care of little Teo to let us enjoy the outstanding breakfast!
We knew we would arrive late first day and I therefore emailed and called Helen to make sure we'd be able to check in. She had everything perfectly arranged. I've read some complains about late show up and not being able to enter the house. Well, I guess one needs to know a B&B is not a Marriott, so you better plan accordingly. The familiar treatment you'll find has its setbacks, as you would at your own mama's place. Wuoldn't you let your mother know you are arriving late at night after long time no visiting?
Rooms were beautifully decorated, clean and with everything to make you feel at home.
Wine and cheese was prepared carefully and the only regret is that we could not make it to the appointment everyday! Helen makes her best to make your stay a really charming one.
All of us (including Teo!) would definetely recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Adagio_Denver, Owner at Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

This family was soooo easy to please. They were beyond considerate, always phoning to keep me in the loop and enjoying everything about Denver and my B&B. Holding the baby was an enormous pleasure for me and he was PERFECT in every way. I so appreciate gracious manners and I loved having the opportunity to get to know these beautiful people. Thank you for staying with me.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I spent Fri. night Dec. 6th at the Adagio. We were very impressed by everything we experienced that night and the next morning. The house was a large home built in the 1890's that has been very carefully updated while maintaining its turn of the century charm. Our room was very large and comfortable. Since the outside temperature that night was 0 and below, the room was very cosy especially with the gas fire place in the room. Our hostess was engaging and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louise T
Adagio_Denver, Owner at Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments; although our time spent with you was limited, we were very happy to meet you, engage in meaningful conversation over breakfast, and we hope you'll return when the weather is warmer and you can enjoy our beautiful garden. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Wonderful stay! The house is beautiful, extremely well kept. I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience here. Helen is wonderful! So friendly and pleasant. Always making sure we had all we needed. We had some really nice conversations at breakfast and at a cheese and wine get together in the living room one evening. Joe, her chef and assistant was also a great person who made us some super breakfasts, and made us feel very comfortable along with some nice conversation during breakfast too. Our room on the third floor was awesome, and immaculate. Just can't say enough about how extremely happy we were with our stay here. THANK YOU SO MUCH Helen and Joe. Hope to see you again on the next trip out to visit our daughter.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JJS66
Adagio_Denver, Owner at Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you, Jeff and Sandy, for giving us such a nice review. Your presence here definitely enhanced our place and it was a pleasure having you with us for a few short days. As usual, our guests provide the atmosphere of conviviality so everyone enjoys getting to know others from around the country and world. We look forward to having you visit again.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at the Adagio late September/early October 2013. For me my stay was a most pleasant experience. My room, The Debussy, was cozy and comfortable, and when requested my needs were attended to. It was a welcoming place to spend the week while in town visiting my son. The house’s architecture is charming and all of the rooms are beautifully appointed. I chose not to rent a car so I explored the city on foot, and never felt unsafe walking alone. I would not consider the neighborhood “seedy” (as one reviewer described it) ; if anything it has a bohemian quality, reminding me of larger urban areas I’ve lived and traveled. Downtown Denver was less than a two-mile walk from the B&B, with lovely streets and a plethora of trendy restaurants and cafes, museums, and parks along the way. It was my first visit to Denver, which I found to be a beautiful and vibrant city. Helen was as warm and charming of an innkeeper as I’ve met, and I too, as one reviewer commented, stayed in B&Bs around the world. My stay there was during the unpleasant event with the intoxicated assistant, and feel that Helen attempted to handle the situation as well as she was able. Situations can occur that one can’t always be 100% prepared for handled in a perfect manner. However, I was fortunate enough to be there when the owner brought on a new chef/assistant, whom I believe greatly complements the B&B. I was very impressed with the breakfasts, in terms of their quality, quantity, and presentation. The owner, Helen, and the new chef strike a perfect balance of being very personable and engaging their guests in conversation, without being officious. I would most definitely choose Adagio B&B for future visits to the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Viajera54
Adagio_Denver, Owner at Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you, Rose, for writing such a wonderful review for us. You'll never know how your kind words effect our mood in a positive way. We are back on track with a competent chef who takes enormous pride in serving delicious breakfasts and we love showing hospitality.