“Pleasant hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Ranked #53 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We opted to stay here as a less expensive alternative to staying downtown. Parking was free which was a bonus. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Only downside of our stay was that one of the elevators broke down and so this large hotel had only one working elevator. Made for some long wait times. Still, I would stay here again.

1  Thank KellyGH17
Mike M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here in mid-July during a 24 hour visit to Denver. I chose it based on its apparent proximity to a light rail station. It was a fairly long walk, but then it would have been shorter had I known I would walk over the bridge on the same side of the street as the hotel.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Check-in was quick and professional. Check-out just as quick.

Room was certainly comfortable for me, and I got a good night's sleep on a trip where I otherwise wasn't getting much. I do recommend this property especially if one relies on mass transit. Just remember you need to go up the elevator on the north side of Union Avenue, before walking over the bridge over the freeway, then you can enter the parking lot without needing to go all the way down the hill to cross the street at the next corner.

Room Tip: You probably don't want to be facing the I-25 freeway. My room faced eastward, away from it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Expected better from a Hilton property and especially after paying over $200 a night. Common areas were in need of good vacuum, breakfast which is extra was mediocre. Would have been nice to have been told I could order omelet instead of having to choose from items on buffet line.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vi0lettah2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We normally stay at Hampton Inns as we like their breakfast but this Garden Inn was just as pleasant and of the same quality. Really exceptional and very helpful staff, very quiet and clean, nice size room and nice amenities.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our 1st time to Denver and it was for a family reunion. It's very beautiful drive into Denver from the south. so beautiful in fact, that we put in the "Hilton Garden Inn" and it took us downtown so we drove past the property. i guess Apple has a contract to force you to view all of Denver before you realize that you're at the wrong property. So 1, make sure you select the correct property. it's not downtown. it's in their tech industry area.

THE BAD:

1. The bed - make sure you wear shin protection because you clip your leg on the edge of the bed at least twice. i guarantee you that. :)
2. the shower/bath tub was, shall we say... needing an upgrade/replacement.
3. Not located near anything. it's not downtown nor in an area where you can conveniently walk to in order to enjoy even a meal off property

THE GOOD (definitely outweigh the bad):

1. the staff was awesome - management included. they were very professional yet personable.
2. it was very clean property
3. the breakfast buffet has a lot of variety and again, the staff was very friendly - waitresses and omelette station attendant was like your favorite bartender (in the best way possible).
4. they have really good wifi connectivity and it's free
5. it seems very secure and safe there.
6. they are very accommodating and flexible. just talk to them.

bottom line - i would stay there again.

Room Tip: get a car and travel downtown. the walls are thin so you can hear medium level noise easily.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I've stayed in my share of HGI's, and this is probably one of the nicest I've been in. It's located within a short distance of many bars and restaurants, and the area is clean and entirely walkable. I was able to run early every morning of my stay with little traffic. I wouldn't try after 7:00 a.m., though. The lobby is spacious and inviting. The staff was extremely friendly and professional, especially the bartender (if I remember correctly, his name was Sean) and the young man who checked me in. He was able to provide several recommendations for local places to eat. The room was standard HGI fare, but clean. My biggest complaint was that the view from my 2nd story room was of a wall, apparently for a conference room at the back of the hotel, but I was there for work, not the views, so it didn't really affect my stay. As usual, the fitness center had limited treadmills and other cardio equipment, hence my running outdoors. However, I prefer running where I actually get somewhere and see something other than the TV in front of me, so again, didn't really affect my stay. All in all, a great value for the price for business travel. Since there is nothing of note for tourists in the immediate area, I wouldn't recommend it as a vacation hotel unless you're willing to drive everywhere you want to go.

Room Tip: This hotel is in the middle of the Tech Center. There are no awesome Rocky Mountain views, so don...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Hotel was lovely. Rooms were very clean. Bed was comfortable. Had an okay view nothing spectacular but I wasnt expecting it too since it was in the tech center. Staff was super great and very helpful. We stayed for 4 days and everytime we saw a new staff member they would smile and say hello. They were all very knowledgable and helpful. I would stay here over and over. It was a little ways from downtown but in a very quiet and nice part of town. Great price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple