“Worse than terrible”

Ranked #115 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Bordeaux
“Worse than terrible”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I cannot tell you strongly enough to avoid this hotel. Filthy, loud, every sheet and towel were stained, hair in the bed, the breakfast was disgusting, and it was the kind of place high school kids get 10 people to pitch in so they have a place to drink. Please pay an extra $10-$20 and stay at another hotel in the area. The location was pretty good and the internet worked okay. Very very dirty and no customer service.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 July 2011

When we pulled into the parking lot it must have been a signal...but my husband and I and our son walked into the lobby to check in. We thought lets give it a chance it is a Ramada. The lobby is atrocious. Dirty rugs, filthy furniture, dirty floors. The clerk told us that our room (which was as per the Wyndham rewards site is a 4 tier hotel) was around the back. So back in the car to this motel portion of the ramada with outside entrances???? We were booked in room 115...specifically asked for a nonsmoking room. I hadnt even crossed the threshold and could smell the smoke. The floor was filthy, the walls were filthy, the curtains were half hanging off of the rods, the bathroom was filthy, there was a nice dryer sheet hanging in front of the AC vent (i guess as an air freshener?), the lights didnt work at the switch...the list can go on and on. I didnt even set my things down and we were back in the car and checked out. It is a disgrace that the Ramada name is on this poor excuse for a hotel.
Never ever again.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Ramada...any other room will be better
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

SF Bay Area
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I pulled up in the parking lot to observe a man drinking his beer, no paper bag even and saw a bunch of ex-con type guys wandering around the lobby. (I work in prison art programs- I'm not exxagerating about these guys.) Drove to the back parking lot, hoping I had the wrong place, but more of the same, plus a young woman 'worker' walking out of the parking lot. Drove again to the front to call and cancel, and there was a guy with a weird double headlamp on, dividing something up into smaller portions on the outside steps. I had called the night before (from a blind recommendation from another already booked hotel), told them I was a woman traveling alone, and was supposed to pay $87+ tax to stay in this nightmare. The woman working the front desk immediately let me cancel, no fee. So there I was alone in Denver at 10 pm with no room- thank god for Motel 6- and it even was a new remodeled 'green' one on the westside as you come in on I-70. I will never even consider a Ramada Inn again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank artmomalbany
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Room (309)
This was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in and i have stayed in hotels worldwide. I payed 69.00 plus tax to stay at the Ramada Denver Midtown for a property that is in a condition to not be marked above 25.00 plus tax a night. The big blatently obvious/gross defeciencies:
-Old soap bars left in shower
-Shower head hole punched threw wall
-Mold on bath towels
-Mold in A/C vent
-Mold ring around shower and tub
-Electrical outlets ripped away from wall
-Food, blood, and boogers on wall
-Queen bed frame busted in the middle
-Old frozen food in freezer
-Pool stairs rusted
-Exterior fountain has garbadge and black water in it
-Grabadge, beer cans, cigarette butts littering the entire exterior of property
-Broken beer bottles in courtyard by pool
-Used bandaides and dirty diapers on the ground pool side
-ATM machine broken
-Public payphone broken
-Lounge closed
-Debrie on carpets through-out interior of hotel
-Room lamp shades melted by bulbs
-Room lamps not working do to burnt out bulbs
-Large hole around piping under bathroom sink stuffed with some kind of tissue
-Interior bathroom door being held together by staples
-Window screen bent and damaged
-Hotel staff oblivious to how nasty the property is
I stayed in room 309 with my family during this nightmare of a trip and had i not checked in prior to seeing the room because we had activites scheduled in town i would have run away from this property like it was on fire; unfortunately we had to endure this nightmare. This property should not have the Ramada name on it as it is a complete dump.

Room Tip: Do your research and check the room before you check in
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This was the grossest place that I have ever stayed in that I had to write a review! First our feet were black from walking on the carpet in the room as if I had been walking barefoot for miles down the street. Secondly, my daughter whom is 17, was doing our laundry and had to sit there cuz she knew someone was going to come in and throw our stuff out to do theirs. As she is waiting for it to be done a guest walks in while smoking a joint asking her if she is using all the machines. Unbelievable!!!

• Stayed June 2011
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I booked 7 rooms for a business trip. One of the rooms didn't even lock. The lobby was dirty with plants tipped over. Not a safe location. We ended up leaving after the first night and staying somewhere else. When I called back to get invoices sent to me, they told me they would send them but I had to call three times before they finally sent them. I called back to ask about one of the charges and the employee told me to call the company I booked with and would not listen to me when I told him I had booked through them and not a separate company. I had just received the invoice from them 15 minutes prior but he got mad at me and told me he couldn't even find my reservation numbers, that I had never called the hotel before, that I was bothering him, and that he had another call to take so he needed to hang up. It was the absolute worst customer experience I have ever had with any company. It is a cheap hotel but it is not even worth the low rates for how they will treat you.

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Property is in severe need of renovation. I booked this on Hotwire - they said it was a two star - it wasn't.

Bed and bed sheets were worn out. Hotel room was in a dark corner of a hallway - limited escape route. Old furniture in the hallway.

I don't know what the rooms are like in the main hotel building. I stayed in the motor lodge portion. A two-story, U-shaped building. Unsavory characters in the parking lot.

Super slow internet.

On the plus side - free parking and just a short walk across the bridge to downtown Denver. Also close to the Pepsi center.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business