“Cheap and for a reason”

Ranked #115 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Cheap and for a reason”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We chose this hotel because it was pretty close to downtown and it was pretty inexpensive. I would NOT stay here again. The room wasn't very clean. The hotel as a whole looked really run down. There were huge flies and spiders in our room. The staff was nice though.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2012

GM was rude and obnoxious (LA BRUJA). Mexican band playing omp pah pah music till 12 midnight, every Saturday night according to staff. You needed an interpreter to communicate with staff. Air conditioning barely working, very hot. Shuttle service not reliable. No restaurants or stores for miles. Crappy tv, water pressure, swimming pool not working. Don't frickin book there, ever! Requested wake up call because the alarm clock didn't work. They never made wake up call and we had a train to catch at 7am. This hotel sucks!!!

Room Tip: Don't frickin book there period!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lena T

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

Currently staying have tried two rooms AC is horrible its cooler outside. Hotel administration doesn't care. Only breakfast is worth the stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Pocasset, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Chose this place because it was priced reasonably and within walking distance of AMTRAK and also near Enterprise Rental Cars. Staff was friendly and accommodations were good though a little worn as might be expected, but not at all tacky. Breakfast was tops! A very good value and perfectly adequate for a pleasant stay at a convenient location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob W
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Its a little far from downtown.I felt dirty after I left.I think there might have been bedbugs.
the bath water was brown.Also the sink water had dirt in it.Sheets were paper thin.The room was falling apart. Front desk people were nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 1 March 2012

All the previous posts scared me, but on my Wednesday night stay I had a nice time in the room and found no problems. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful, the hand towels in my bathroom were folded in a shape of a sea shell, which gave me confidence that someone cared about cleaning the bathroom, the bed sheets were properly folded and there were more enough pillows to make me comfortable. Our room #324 was located in the main building overlooking the south Denver skyline. The elevator and entering the room had a funky smell, but it wasn’t unpleasant, but would suggest bring your own air fresher. I’m looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I actually had a great experience here... It was late, this was the third hotel I tried to get a room at... I got an excellent rate after I told the super friendly lady at the front desk my story, I was given a couple menus of local restaurants that delivered to the hotel, and I was on my way...

I was in the main part of the hotel, I did notice the back section (where I parked my truck) had some icy areas that should have been salted... I got to my room and tried out the bed right away, OMG it was extra comfortable, and 5 pillows!!!

My room 316... (that's three one six for the folks at the Chinese Restaurant who wrote my room number down wrong... you can read my review on Sidewok Cafe) was clean and I had no issues... Sure maybe an upgrade of the decor is in order, but I got a great night sleep, and woke up just as the sun was about to rise over the City... Wow what a great view I had... I'll add a picture, hopefully tripadvisor will allow it.

I would saty here again, ample parking for trucks, close by the Interstate, and there is free breakfast (which I didn't have since I'm not really a breakfast person).

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main section of the Hotel, I was in 316 and it was just fine.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business