“Pleasant front desk but sucky housekeeping”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #52 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Stayed here for 10 days as my wife is attending a conference. So, my routine is rather similar everyday ie have breakfast with my wife At The nearby bakery( our room didnt come with breakfast) and after sending my wife to her conference,i will shop around and will be back At The room around 1 pm.

But, to my dismay, on those days that i return to The room,i had to sit At The lobby as The room was not done. Besides that, The only thing that was done are The bed and The toilet!!!The desk remain cluttered and The floor was not vacuumed. Even The chair was not put in placed and The wardrobe door was not even closed!! To make it worse,everyday they forget to placed 2 complimentary bottle of mineral water as such i have to personally call The housekeeping myself.

To make it worse, We are a member of The Priority Club and this was The treatment We got.

• Stayed: March 2011
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We were unhappy to learn that you were dissatisfied with the timeliness and cleanliness of your room. Often times we can accommodate special needs that our guests may have when we know about them. We have an amazing housekeeping staff that have extremely high cleanliness ratings that are recognized by many of our guests on a continuous basis so I can assure you that your experience with the cleanliness of your room was definitely an exception and not the norm. Also, we wanted to let you know that all of our guest rooms come with only one bottle of water which is not replaced daily. We thank you for taking time to share your feedback with hopes that you will choose to stay with us again in the future for a very different experience.

The Crowne Plaza Denver Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed 17 March 2011

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza 5 yrs ago on the same floor and nothing has changed since. It is comfortable but they need to update a few things. From the parking garage (which costs $20 a day) you can swipe your room key and go directly to your floor which was nice. The pool is outdoors and is only open from May-Sept (I think it said) which was a disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. Our hotel did undergo a 9 million dollar renovation which was completed in 2007. We are always trying to improve and we will continue to invest in the betterment of the hotel for our guests. We apologize that you were unable to experience the wonderful, heated, outdoor pool under the night lights of the city. Our pool is seasonal is open from May through September. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

I was surrounded by 3 rooms of college students who were partying all night. Smoke in the hallways, doors slamming open and shut. laughter, etc. I called once at 11 PM, scolded them myself at 12 AM and called again at 5 AM. To make matters worse, housekeeping comes knocking at 8:30 AM when I have had NO SLEEP! There was also a small dead bug in my bed. My first Crowne stay and NOT IMPRESSED!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your feedback. It is our intent to provide a comfortable stay to each and every guest. We want to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. We want to know immediately about any issues that our guests experience during their stay so that we may address and correct them promptly. We have a very strict policy for noise complaints which involves a onetime only request, asking the guest to eliminate the noise, rechecking the area of concern, if noise is still occurring asking the noisy guest to leave the property immediately.

Our housekeeping department does start cleaning rooms at 8:30am unless our guest has a "do not disturb" posted on the door. We apologize that you were woken up after a night of very little sleep. We do offer a "quiet zone" on the 19th floor where housekeeping does not start cleaning rooms until after 10am.

We hope that you may choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Denver. We truly value our guests and their experience at Crowne Plaza Denver. When you stay with us, please let us know immediately about any issues or concerns you may have so that we can address and correct them promptly and you can enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Downtown Denver, The location is great, rooms are a little dated but very comfortable. Multiple elevators to get to your floor quickly. The conceirge is average at best (Didnt seem very knowledgable or friendly). It always seemed to take about 30 minutes to get a taxi to the hotel. NOW for the big oops of the stay.... We all checked in, no issues, credit card deposit left for any charges rooms might incur. Well apparently the gentleman that swiped my card to secure the deposit set it up improperly thus causing a random array of about 7 charges to be charged to my account overnight that resulted in the bank freezing my credit card account due to excessive charges. I get email notifications when transactions occur on my account, so I woke up to several emails of charges. (Mind you no one has ordered room service or purchased anything). I went to the front desk upon check out and explained my frustration to the guest agent (who was very friendly and helpful). She immediately noticed the error made by the initial check in agent. She fixed the issue, credited back the charges, and I went on my way. Overall a decent stay and I would go back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank GlobalLorenzo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your honest and sincere feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding your credit card authorization. We have taken this useful information as a training opportunity for our staff. We hope that we can take great care of you again next time you visit Denver!

The Crowne Plaza Team

Reviewed 26 February 2011

I recently accompanied my fiance on a business trip he had in Denver. During the three days we stayed here I encountered nothing but friendly faces and warm greetings from all staff members ranging from the room attendants to the front desk clerks. I've been to Denver a few times and have always stayed in the downtown area. While the people in Denver are normally pleasant to deal with no one comes close to the Crowne Plaza staff! I particularly want to mention one staff member who I ran into on several occasions duringour trip. The Reservation Manager, Jennifer, seemed to really care about our experience. She continuously asked if we were enjoying our stay and reassured us that if we needed anything we could ask for her and she would take care of us. She also remembered my name. What a personal touch! We look forward to our next trip in Denver.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. Our number one goal is to take care of our guests so we are always pleased to learn that our guest feel at home when they stay at our hotel. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to taking care of you again the next time you visit the downtown Denver area!

The Crowne Plaza Team

Reviewed 20 February 2011

What a wonderful hotel, the staff are exceptional here!
My average annual stays at a Crown Plaza are between 80 and 110 nights per year. This is by far one of the most desireable locations.
During a recent stay with my fiance', the most enjoyable moments were with a Mr. Ted Cushman. His attitude and impeccable professionalism served us well as we ordered some fine food from the in house restaurant for our special occassion.Thank you Mr. Cushman for taking care of my bride and I. Should you stay at this hotel, feel free to ask for Ted for the most superior service available Thank you sir.

Dan LaPointe
Facility Manager/ Chief Engineer
Mt. Elbert Hydro.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your positve posting on trip advisor. Coming from such a seasoned traveler as yourself it is an honor for us. Ted is a fantastic employee who loves his job and it shows. He has been nominated and is the proud winner of our weekly hospitality award for his exceptional guest service. We hope that you will choose to stay with us next time you visit the Denver area. We look forward to having you!

Reviewed 18 February 2011

I planned a meeting at the Crowne Plaza, Denver this past week for a government client. I wanted to write a review because the staff could not have been more helpful if they tried! Everyone was on top of their game anticipating our every need. The sales, catering, and front desk staff were excellent! The hotel room was spacious and clean. I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay or meeting in Denver, CO

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your positive posting on trip advisor. We love for our guests to share their positive experiences with others. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you and your group and we look forward to taking excellent care of you and your group again.