“Fantastic staff, great location, wonderful stay!”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #56 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed here to attend a nearby meeting. The convention hotel (which shall remain nameless) wanted an arm and a leg for a room, so I quickly gravitated towards the Crowne Plaza instead. I spent hundreds of dollars less despite being only a pleasant 5 minute walk away from my event. It's also a very quick walk to the free16th street mall shuttle which will painlessly take you to most places you'd want to go to explore, dine and carouse. I found the Crowne Plaza incredibly affordable for a downtown hotel in a major city. Contrary to a couple of previous reports I thought the room was quite large as well.

But wait, it gets better - I enjoyed fantastic service during my stay here. My inconvenient last-minute request to check in early (HOURS early - I really wasn't expecting to be able to do more than drop my bags) was cheerfully accommodated. My request to check out late was also cheerfully accommodated. "Do Not Disturb" signs were actually obeyed by cleaning staff, no matter how late they stayed on the door. The hotel is pretty quiet. I was near the elevators so there was some hall noise, but o I got room service one night - the food was very good, and the service very pleasant. All the employees I came into contact with at the Crowne Plaza go out of their way to make eye contact with guests, smile and say hello. Great customer service all around.

I'm really trying to rack my brain to come up with any negatives for the property. The best I can do is that the bed in my room was not super-new. It was not enough to put a dent in my sleep, though, so even that is a stretch!

All in all, a wonderful stay. When I'm back in Denver I'll be coming back to the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sasstastical
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! We were delighted to learn of your excellent experience. Thank you for sharing.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Denver

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here during Labor Day weekend and Taste of Colorado. Only blocks from the event and the rest of downtown Denver. Now, as Platinum members of the IHG Priority Club, I know that the experience we had was probably different than a regular guest.

Early check-in; free welcome cocktails and an upgrade to a suite made the stay very comfy. I can imagine the regular guest rooms are quite cramped as my parents, who were also on the trip staying at the Hyatt, re-marked that the very first time they came to Denver they stayed at our hotel when it was a Holiday Inn.. in the late 1970s. So, imagine rooms with that vintage of footprint.

My chief complaint was the elevators. They required you to slide a room key to use. Bonus. I like safety in urban hotels. Downside? They required a card slide for every floor button pressed, and that often meant people were missing their floors, and getting sent up and down trying to get to their floor... which also meant that elevators were hard to get up on the 25th floor.

I'll definitely give this property serious consideration on return visits to Denver.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to provide the feedback. We look forward to taking care of you again when you visit Denver.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza to attend a conference at the Colorado Convention Center. The location was great as it was within easy walking distance to the convention center and the 16th Street Mall with lots of shops and restaurants. It was also a quick walk to the Capitol and the Denver Mint. You need your hotel room key in the elevator to access the upper floors of the hotel. As a solo traveler, I felt safe. There are two computers in the lobby and a station to print boarding passes. That was convenient. I had a nice view of downtown and the mountains from my room on the 14th floor. I also received a sleep mask, lavender linen spray, ear plugs, and there was a drape clip on the curtains. Other than a few sirens at night, the hotel was pretty quiet. The staff at the front desk was friendly accommodating when I asked to split my bill between two credit cards and when I asked for the password to the computers. They also had housekeeping pay special attention to a spot on the carpet in my room that was damp when I arrived.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Denver. We appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel in September 2011 for a business meeting. The hotel was very nice and clean, and conveniently located within walking distance of the 16th Street Mall. Their website advertised that it was ideal for business travel--separate floors for business guests or families, and a "sleep advantage amenities" package. I did not receive any of the amenities listed on their website under the sleep advantage, except that there was a drape clip in the room. My room was on the 17th floor, and while interior hotel noise level was pretty low, it was surprising how much street noise I could still hear (there was some road construction down the street). Also, there is a charge for parking (common for downtown hotels, but I thought it was high considering the room rate). Overall, the rooms were clean and well kept and was comfortable enough for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to taking care of you again!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We got this hotel on hotwire. Pleasently surprised!! Hotel was great, good location to the pepsi center where we went to a concert. Parking was $22 a night, which is pretty good I guess in the city. Wish I had gotten the gentelman's name at the front desk. He was very nice and helpful. Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Strongs

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the awesome feedback. We love taking care of our guests and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

The hotel is located a block from the 16th Street Mall which is filled with great restaurants and plenty of shops. Our room was spacious for a city hotel and the beds were very comfortable. It was very clean and well appointed. The parking was very convenient and not too pricey. The only negative I have is that there was not enough staff. At times, the people at the front desk also had to be the concierge . They were very friendly but weren't trained for that position. The hotel was crowded when we were there and they needed to have more people servicing the guests. All in all it was a nice place but they need to pay more attention to the staff in the lobby, after all that's the first thing you notice with when checking in.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Denver and taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We will certainly use your feedback as a training opportunity as we are always striving for excellent service for our guests. We look forward to taking care of you again the next time you visit Denver.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

The title really says it all. We were here for a very quick weekend trip, and spent very little time in the room. So it was ok that the room was nothing spectacular. The front desk and concierge were very friend and helpful. The short walk to the 16th Street Mall was exactly why we chose the place, and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Denver.