“Great Location, Average Rooms, OK Service”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #55 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My wife and I were at this hotel for a romantic getaway and found the some positives about the place. First and foremost, the location can't be beat as it is right next to the 16th street mall and walking distance to all major downtown sights. The lobby is underwhelming and the rooms a little clumsy in terms of layout. For example, the renovations featured an ugly brown color featured in the hallways and doors that just gave the hallways and rooms a dark and dank feel. Then, the bathroom fixtures were awkward as the sinks protruded out making you have to reach over to wash your face and brush teeth, etc. However, on the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the service was OK. Overall, a good value if you can get it on Hotwire or Priceline. Also, the free wi-fi is a good perk. Good solid stay overall.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $30 for the suite upgrade. It comes with another bathroom and living area. It's al...
Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Terrible... the hotel facilities were nice but they charged us 240 for a room near the convention center new years night. The day we went and checked in the sprung a whole list of extra procedures we needed to follow and agree with or forfeit our room. We had to get wrist bands and register so that only people who are registered can get into the hotel after midnight. I bought the hotel for its location and the fact that we could maybe bring some friends back. We also had to go through 3 different levels of security to get back into the hotel and almost did not get let in because a mix up of wrist bands. This place was awful and I hope everyone sees this and knows it. Two thumbs down.

Room Tip: heard the comfort inn did not pull such things and its only a little bit farther
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank alex s
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We were disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay over the New Years holiday. The demand for downtown hotel rooms and extra security measures is unfortunately, necessary to ensure the safety and security of our guests. This is always our number one priority.

Warmest Regards,

The Crowne Plaza Denver Team

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I was recently in Denver with my son for the Broncos game and stayed at the Crown Plaza Glenarm Place. With Crown Plaza Hotels there is an expectation of what the guest will receive; however the secret of any success is the contribution of the staff. Crown Plaza Denver is blessed with some great team members who made my stay very comfortable and enjoyable. Check in with the front desk Kelly was the best and easiest I have experienced ever. The management should recognise her contribution as the 'face of the hotel'. In fact all the team I engaged with were first class. Also worthy of a special mention was Joe and the entire concierge team who also contributed to making the stay special. My internet booking was very easy and on my arrival was expected, key card ready and the room with the mountain view reserved for me. The room was very very clean and the beds comfortable. I have high expectations and I was very satisfied. My son had a single room which was also very good. Breakfast buffet was perfectly adequate and the serving staff including Patti and Klancy were helpful and friendly. The location of the hotel makes it very easy top access the city centre and the local stores. We had some time and took a trip to Loveland Pass this was arranged by the concierge and was a great afternoon. To sum up a good value hotel with some great staff to make your stay very comfortable. Free internet access in the room was also useful. I have no reservation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are great we were on he 17th floor. Security was good as only those with floor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 0213
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Location, location, location. That's what I look for in a hotel when traveling and this one has it in spades.

It is right in downtown Denver minutes from the convention center and the 16th Street mall. The mall is a big plus with its mix of shops and restaurants from fast food- McDonalds, Subway, Chipotle to mid priced fare like Maggiano's and plenty of local spots, Plus the free shuttle bus that runs the length of the mall makes it easy to get from one end to another in a matter of minutes which can be very helpful during the colder months.

The hotel itself isn't very special from an appearance standpoint and the lobby is very small as it crams in the registration desk, meeting rooms and restaurant and bar into one small floor. The waiting area is close to non-existent so don't count on a lot of seating as compare to other hotels.

I had the good fortune of being upgraded to a suite which was nice but not really necessary since I was traveling alone. Needless to say the room was great with two bathrooms and televisions which I couldn't take full advantage of during my stay.But it was clean and comfortable.

And of course maybe the most important feature is the free wi-fi. Who can live without that these days?

Overall it was a great stay at a great price, just $89 during my stay so it's definitely worth a look if you are traveling to Denver in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a convention at the Denver Convention Center. It is in a fantastic spot. It literally took me 4 minutes to walk from the lobby of the hotel to the lobby of the convention center. Sure the entrance of the hotel is unappealling, but the gracious staff and comfortable rooms made up for it. I had seen previous complaints about the rooms, but my room on the 16th floor seemed updated. There were nice touches like a bedside kit to make you sleep better, although it was not needed. My room was also closest to the elevator so I was concerned it might be noisy, but it wasn't. The other nice thing is the location, it is in walking distance to all the LoDo restaurants/shops and to the Latimer Square shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Booked this hotel for a night, as a romantic getaway, but the room looked like something out of the 70s, even tho it was the premier corner suite. living was tiny, with uncomfortable furniture, bed was ok, everything on tv cost money, and parking was outragously expensive. will not rent here again, unfortunately.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry that you were not happy with your accomodations. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Warmest Regards,

The Crowne Plaza Team

Reviewed 28 November 2011

in mid down town Denver, just 2 minutes walk from 16th street.
very nice stuff, got an upgraded room without even asking....
free connection to the internet which was very helpful for me.
the room was standard and nice.

Room Tip: elevators are quit slow so it is better to choose lower floors maybe
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business