“Wonderful Accommodations!”

Ranked #56 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Wonderful Accommodations!”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Denver, CO. What wonderful accommodations! It had all of the necessary components: desk, internet, TV, a warm and comfortable king-size bed with lots of big pillows (a must have), and well stocked bathroom. The view of downtown Denver and the surrounding mountains and countryside was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful! Great parking and easy access to the Denver area. You won’t go wrong staying here!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed here numerous times and never had a bad room!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Chad B,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, great views of Downtown and the Foothills, and our staff's outstanding hospitality. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown Guest Services Specialist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Denver. I was there for a three-day intensive in-resident class through the University of the Rockies. The location of the Crowne Plaza could not be better - basically right off the 16th Street Mall, with access to dozens of shops and restaurants, and clubs. The hotel is very secure with rooms key cards required to access floors on the elevator. The room was very clean, spacious, and very quite. There were guests on both sides of me as evidenced by room service trays, but I never heard anything. The staff are very hospitable and friendly, actually seeming like they are glad you're there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear Dawn C,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well as our staff's outstanding hospitality. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver!

Denver
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I stay when we want to get away from the Burbs and come to the city for a night. We love this place. First the location is great: close to the 16th Street Mall, Convention Center, Denver Center for the Performing Arts and a nice Jazz Club. But what really keeps us coming back is the service. Every person that works there from the front desk to housekeeping will do all they can to make your stay a good one. Of course the room is clean, comfy and the price is very fair for downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Try to get higher floor rooms facing west. Great views of city and mountains.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear denver513,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are honored to be part of your "staycation" getaways and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 April 2013

One mark of a good hotel is how the staff respond to a challenge. An incident had just occurred on 16th Street near the hotel and people were coming into the lobby of the Crowne Plaza to get away from the scene. So it was kind of chaotic. I was headed to the bar for a drink and was going to let them know that my TV needed fixing. In the midst of the hubbub the front desk treated my comparatively minor issue as a priority. When I got back to my room the TV was fixed and there was a little note next to it explaining that the work had been completed. I liked that touch because it's always disconcerting when someone you don't know is in your room.

Beyond that, the room was clean and comfortable, the price was right, and the location is terrific--just a block from 16th Street and very close to the convention center. Oh, and they have GOOD beer on tap at the bar, for only $3.50 a pint.

Dear Jeff W,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the commotion occurring downtown. It would certainly be our pleasure to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Hotel is way over priced. Paid more for a suite and didn't even have a microwave. Plus even after you pay $269 for one night they charge you for parking. Then to top it off we were checking on our truck after having gone out for awhile and there was security in the parking garage when we got there. She looked right at us, my husband was smoking and she didn't say a word. He was almost done when she came up and informed us that there was no smoking on the property. (No no smoking signs anywhere) Ok no big deal he put ut out and apologized..she then followed us to the elevator and rode up to the 17th floor with us even though she was going down to the first. She also was rude in the elevator asking if I had my key. I had already used it to push the button for the 17th floor. So we call to complain and was told its protocol. I complained to the manager the next morning and he was rude as well and told me someone had complained about a couple in the parking garage. I said obviously it was not us since w e arrived after the security. He was rude about it too. I have called the head office and made a complaint. Still waiting to hear back...it was only a day and a half ago. Clean room is the only nice thing I can say about it.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Megan M
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear Megan M,

We apologize for your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. It is always our first priority that every guest has a safe and enjoyable stay. Please email our Management Team at wecare@hoteldenver.net so we can personally address the issues you encountered during your stay.

Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was in Denver for the Collaborate 13 conference in April and I chose this hotel because it was part of the Priority Club rewards through IHG. It was a quick two blocks to the convention center. My overall impression of the hotel was favorable. The building appeared to be recently renovated and was very clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. It was conveniently placed between the convention center and a number of shops and restaurants that were easily within walking distance.

My room had a nice view of the convention center and the mountains beyond. My only complaint was the room size. I had a queen room with a desk-and-char, along with an easy chair. It was a little cramped. i think the main problem was the dresser. It was a huge piece of furniture with a granite top jutting into the walk space. It had a empty compartment for a mini fridge, along with some drawers. Whenever I moved through the room I felt I was always walking around this massive piece of furniture. Replacing that would go a long way toward making the room feel more roomy. The bathroom was a bit small, too. Definitely a on-at-a-time kinda room.

All in all I enjoyed my stay there and wouldn't hesitate to do so again should the opportunity arise.

Dear Keith H,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We appreciate your loyalty to the IHG Brand and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while here for the Collaborate Conference. Your feedback regarding the guest rooms is much appreciated and will be shared with our staff. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver!

Hampton, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I checked in after a significant delay due to blizzard in April, but front desk staff was outstanding. Sara was outstanding and very helpful. Dan, the engineer, helped with a big problem concerning my unzippable vest. Jim during breakfast was a kind and caring as they come, and I would have never thought Avalon was on her first day of training in the lounge, as she seemed to be experienced and knowladgable.

Thanks for a great stay. Convention Center walking distance. 16th Street Mall walking distance.

Dear Gee_Joe,

Thank you for such a positive review of your recent stay the Crowne Plaza Denver. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our team's outstanding hospitality. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver!