“average and im being nice”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #57 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Keystone Heights, Florida
“average and im being nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have stayed at several of Denver's downtown hotels and sadly this is my least favorite. We used points to stay at this location and I wished I had just paid the 150 bucks!!!! We were ~stuck~ in a terrible room right off the elevator, I am still hearing the ding ding…..I wouldnt have remained a second nite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Amy S,

We appreciate your loyalty to the IHG brand as well as your feedback of your recent stay. We apologize that the sounds of the elevator interrupted your stay. We value you as a guest and ask you to email us at wecare@hoteldenver.net with any other questions or concerns.

Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is my second trip to Denver and also my second visit to the Crowne Plaza and I would stay there time and time again.

I requested a high up room overlooking the mountains and this was recognised at check in and they did just that and gave us a room on the 17th floor!

The rooms are perfectly clean and provide everything you need for a great business or leisure stay in downtown Denver.

We did not use the restaurant but had a couple of drinks in the bar and even was given a free coke which just made us feel so welcome and wanted as guests.

The only one slight issue we had (but I think it was the whole hotel) was no water at all in the room - we could not shower before we went out for early dinner but when we returned it was back on again.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay right in the centre of town! Good job Crowne Plaza team!

Room Tip: Request high up floor with a view of the mountains!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Robin A,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We genuinely appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience of the water shut off. We had to replace a pump to improve our property, but we do understand that it put a damper on your stay, and we are very grateful for your patience. Come stay with us again soon!

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Hotel is clean, staff is very helpful and friendly. Location was perfect for me, very close to convention center and a variety of other venues. The hotel itself could use a refresh, room carpets a bit worn, wooden furniture showing signs of use, etc. But the easily changed aspects were fine, like comfortable and clean sheets and spreads. I had good wifi but a colleague on a lower floor in the corner had trouble. I was on top floor, very pleasant views and the elevators were just fast enough to not be annoying. Overall pleasant and made positive by very friendly staff (front desk, room service, concierge and bellhop)

Room Tip: Higher floor was pleasant
Dear Erik H,

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your conference at the Convention Center and that you were able to enjoy what the city of Denver has to offer. We are currently working to improve our wifi coverage throughout the hotel, so we appreciate your patience. We hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I used points plus cash to book the room and it still was 20,000 points, so it was kind of expensive in that regard. Apparently this review has to be 200 characters.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Joseph D,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your loyalty to the IHG brand. We hope to have you as a guest again soon!

Chittenango NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had the opportunity to stay here back in Mid April, during a fantastic stretch of spring Denver weather. The hotel was clean, the staff excellent and the location fantastic. It is right off the 16th street mall giving us ample dining and entertainment options nearby. The 2nd day we used it as our base as we explored Denver by foot and enjoying the great weather. This is a good option for exploring Denver.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jimwalter23,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last month. We agree that we have an excellent location, and we're glad that you were able to take advantage of it. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Farmington, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel seems to be declining. Have stayed here numerous times over the past few years on business trips. Last visit in Feb was marred by horribly slow service in bar. I ordered a sandwich and other customers who arrived after me had their food and finished eating before my dinner arrived - plus the order was wrong. On my last stay in April, after checking in I was told the water was not working. I stayed in a suite and the TV did not work in the living room, and there was a big scratch and piece cut out of the window tint in the middle of the bedroom window. My package was to include breakfast but the key was not programmed for the VIP breakfast suite. And although a small item, I love my in room coffee in the morning yet there was only 1 packet for condiments. All these add up to a lack of attention to details and not the quality one would expect from a Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear John G,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We value you as a guest and appreciate you sharing the details of your stay. We apologize for the service that you received in the bar in February, we have since made some changes and hope that you were able to experience better service during your stay last week. Regarding the water shut off, unfortunately we had to replace a pump to improve our property and the procedure did not go exactly as planned. We do understand that it was an inconvenience to you during your stay and we apologize for that. Please email us at wecare@hoteldenver.net as we would like to make this right, thank you.

Oxford, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My recent stay at this facility was marred by two fairly significant events - the water was turned off for about 24 hours and the phone system stopped working (duration unknown - maybe 6-8 hours). Despite these unfortunate events, the staff were extremely positive, accommodating, and ready to "make it right" in whatever way possible.

The building itself is nice and conveniently located close to many downtown office buildings as well as the 16th Street mall and the Pavilion. I was able to walk to many appointments and meals. My room was ample size - not the biggest I've had but not the smallest, either. The refrigerator was a good size, which was convenient for leftovers (and all the bottled water they gave us while the water was turned off). I was right next to the elevators, so the layout was a bit odd, but it worked. Incidentally, I didn't have any issues with noise being next to the elevators.

I appreciated having a restaurant on site, though I admit I only used it for breakfast and coffee. It was convenient.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on almost the top floor and had a great view.
Green Features: I am not familiar with these practices, but the facility did have relevant signage around. The light bulbs in my room were the CFL's.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Whitney R,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last week. We do apologize for the water shut off. Although it was something that we had to do to replace a pipe, we do understand that it was an inconvenience and we appreciate your patience during that time. We take pride in the location of our hotel and we are happy to hear that you were able to experience what downtown Denver has to experience. We are looking forward to your next stay with us!