“Mostly good....”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #54 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having stayed in many hotels over the years (average 100+/yr) I have come to expect a high level of service from the Crowne.
Upon arrival, we were met by extremely accommodating and friendly staff who found our Gold level reservation in order and quickly completed check-in while also providing timely and appropriate local information which added to our local experience. The room was minimally appointed yet the furniture was comfortable and the bed was most welcoming (a wonderful night sleep after a long day of travel!!) The staff in the lounge was again very friendly and accommodating as we enjoyed a cocktail and late night appetizer. They were very helpful to other guests looking for a later night to point them towards other spots for continuing their evening (lounge closes at 12:00).

Then came the 8:00 a.m. wake up knocks (!!) from housekeeping.
Despite the Saturday morning "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, we were awaken two times by housekeeping's knock on the door.
Absolutely Unacceptable!! It's 0800 on a Saturday!! Let us SLEEP!
I may expect this low level of service from a Motel 6 (1 star) but certainly NOT from a Crowne Plaza! It was bad enough to receive the first wake up knock but to receive another ten minutes later???
If this happens again, I will discontinue my patronage of any Crowne Plaza hotel.

The breakfast buffet was as to be expected... fruit, eggs, greasy meats typical of any buffet. However, they did offer exceptional huevos rancheros... a pleasant surprise!

The entire staff was again very accommodating on checkout as well.

So, aside from the Saturday morning wake-up, we had a very pleasant experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver.
and the location can't be beat for any event downtown or just to enjoy a day in Denver!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear PeteFlysalot,

First off, we appreciate your loyalty to the IHG brand as well as your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience of the disturbances you experienced the Saturday morning of your stay. I can assure you that your concern has been shared with our Housekeeping Manager and we will make sure this doesn't happen again. We're glad you were able to enjoy our restaurant and lounger during your stay. Please come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I made a last minute reservation a couple Fridays ago at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Denver. I was surprised to have gotten a room on the top floor with an awesome view of the city. Along with that room I got all kinds of perks, such as a BOGO at the hotel bar during the entertainment hour and free b'fast at the 21st floor lounge. I gotta say the bar staff is an entertaining one. I stayed at the bar working on my computer well after the bar closed. They did not usher me out in fact they welcomed me to stay as long as I wanted and cleaned around me. They joked around and enjoyed their time with each other even after a hard day's work. Was nearly convinced to change my flight and stay for the weekend.

Room Tip: Higher rooms allow you to admire the beauty of downtown Denver
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Michael L,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to make your feel comfortable. We appreciate your loyalty to the IHG brand and really appreciate your feedback. Come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

First stay and very satisfied. Although the property is older, it is well maintained and refurbished. Excellent downtown location, close to 16th street shuttle services, downtown venues and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: ask for mountain view

Dear John H,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We do have a great location, we're glad you enjoyed it. Come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here with my family for 4 nights while on vacation. The hotel is very convenient to the 16th Street Mall. The room was comfortable and I enjoyed using the business center. My family liked eating the apples that were placed in the lobby each day and the bar service was good. The front of the hotel had enough room for pickups and drop offs from taxis, tour vans, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear travelgetsbetter,

We are so happy to hear that you and your family had a fun and comfortable stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We do have a convenient downtown location and we're glad you were able to experience it. We appreciate your feedback and I'll be sure to share it with the rest of the hotel staff. Come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I never normally review places, but I feel the NEED to review this hotel. Never had such a bad experience at a hotel before!!! Not only did they lose valuable property of mine, they overcharged me for my stay, said they would reimburse my money and STILL haven't!!! I have sent emails, called persistently, and STILL haven't got my money back, I'm just fobbed off repeatedly like their incompetence was my fault? Terrible place. Rude staff. Steer clear!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CiderScates

Dear CiderScates,

We sincerely apologize for and inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please email wecare@hoteldenver.net and we will make sure that your concerns are addressed.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I didn't stay here but rather took part in a two-day meeting. The meeting rooms and the exercise room is off to the side of the hotel. You have to cross parking garage traffic to get there. Makes that "wing" seem like an afterthought. Either way, it's very inelegant. However, the staff was pleasant and helpful.

The meeting room was clean and had comfortable seating. However, the trek to the bathrooms was just strange. There were multiple elevation changes, a narrow corridor, and the workout center on one side, and the bathroom door had a numerical lock on it. I guess they've had trouble in the past, because they had a "bouncer" stationed outside our room the entire time both days.

Dear DanNowlan,

We appreciate your feedback. We do have the majority of our meeting rooms inside the hotel and the reasoning for the meeting space in our annex is to give groups some privacy and their own space. We're happy that our staff was helpful and the gentleman placed outside the door was intentionally placed there to assist with any needs or requests that your group had. We hope to have you as a guest soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Wonderful location and the property was very well maintained. Rooms were stylish and up to date. Business center used Macs!!! A couple of blocks to the convention center and the 16th Ave. Mall. For the price of a room, just an incredible deal!

Dear Bill S,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown and we're glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you as a guest again soon!