“This place is not a hotel, it's a homeless shelter” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Inn Motel

Budget Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Denver
Budget Inn Motel
Ranked #131 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Colorado
“This place is not a hotel, it's a homeless shelter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

Here"s the actual letter I sent to corporate and never got a reply back.
To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this complaint about your hotel and staff located at the Budget Inn:
1120 Big Thompson, Estes Park Colorado, 80517 [--]

(#1) The bathroom faucet constantly ran. It also had no stopper.
(#2)The stand the fridge was on, was very unstable. You had to literally hold the fridge when you opened it so it wouldn't fall off, or fall on you.
The fridge's thermostat was also broken. It froze everything! Even on the lowest setting.
(#3) Microwave’s knobs were loose.
(#4) The room had minimal furniture. No dresser. No place to put clothing, or other items.
(#5) TV was not of this era. Not able to use video ports on camcorder.
(#6) Front door had a huge gap on the bottom! You could actually see outside.
(#7) Windows made of steel construction didn't close properly, and leaked air. The curtains moved with the wind. And we had wind up to 40 mpg, and it was very cold.
(#8) No available outlets for hair dryers, or for cell phone chargers.
(#9) Reservation: When I placed the reservation, it was immediately applied to my credit card. No hold was given. I was charged right away.
When I questioned the Mgr. He couldn't give me a straight answer. Then he said, "It was standard practice".
I have never been charged for a room when I made a reservation. Only when I have checked out. Or approved charge.
(#10) I was charged extra for a microwave when I asked for one in my room. $3.00. I also asked for a coffee pot, and was handed a Styrofoam cup and instant coffee. And told that there was no coffee pots.
My friend who also checked in with me had a coffee pot in his room.
When I went into my room, there was no microwave. I notified the Mgr. He produced a microwave that needed repair. The knobs were loose. So I ended up fixed them.
Microwave was inadequate. Didn’t heat up water. Water out of faucet was hotter.
(#11) There were no shampoo, conditioner or soap in the room.

In the future, I will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends, family, or acquaintances that visit Estes Park during Elk Fest, or any other time during the year.

I have stayed in many, many hotels in Estes Parke and around the country and I have never been treated this shabbily by a hotel in my life.
The room in question, room # 21.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Families
Solo
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2005

A friend and myself tried to get a room in Spokane for a weekend (girl time ya know) and since most of the motels were booked up this weekend due to basketball playoffs and a 3 day craft fair, we got a Budget room. That was my first mistake. The second was not complaining the second I got into the elevator to go up to my room. The office and dining area were fine but by the time you get to the elevator you see stains all over the carpets and smells of ALL kinds. Then I got to see what I was to sleep in...oh my! Stains all over one side of my mattress and box spring. I didn't see the hair and burn holes on the mattress pad until I tore the bed apart to check for more stains. The nightstand between the beds was also covered in something very sticky as I found when I tried to get the phone book out of the drawer. The day we left I took what photos I could, showered and left. Even the window was about ready to fall out and we were on the 5th floor! The frame was falling apart on it and it wobbled in the wind. Most of the staff we not very friendly, it was a cold and professional feeling we received from them. When we called for a morning wake up call we gave the wrong time so my friend called back to give them the correct time and they called us 1/2 earlier than asked. Maybe that would have made a bigger difference if we could have actually slept on the hard beds. Never, never again will I stay at a Budget. The only good thing about the whole experience was coming home...thanks a lot for making my stay so miserable.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2004

My family and I was in Sanford over the weekend of june 26 & 27 we reserved two rooms at the mentioned Budget Inn, When we arrived we were running late for a wedding we were there to attend so we unpacked our luggage into the rooms and left. When we returned to the room we begin to check out the hotel room. It was fithy dirty!!! The walls, showers, beds, everything in the room looked and smelled uncleaned. Instead of complaing to the lady who ran the place, we packed up our thing and went to another hotel. We were affraid to allow our grandchildren to sit on the beds. I have never seen such an unsanitary hotel. We wasted $85 and learned a very important lesson, never stay in a place you feel so uncomfortable that you cant go and make a complaint to the desk clerk.. Thank you, Deanne

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member