“a decent value for what i paid” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North
Ranked #104 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Sedona, Arizona
“a decent value for what i paid”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I bought this hotel stay on Hotwire for $89 for two nights, and I felt it was a decent deal. The front desk clerk was helpful on check in, and my room was clean and stocked with everything I needed except for flatware.Not knowing Denver very well, I was a little disappointed that the location was kind of far( in traffic) from Colfax street where I was visiting my son, but thats not the fault of the hotel.
Two things I would ask management to consider- a window that opened in the room would be nice for fresh air and the stairs/parking lot area was pretty unclean.It would make for a more pleasant experience to have that area cleaned up.All in all though, if I could get the same rate and was passing through again, and the location suited me, I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank filmdreamer
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with our front desk services . I am also very happy that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. Still, please accept my sincere apologies about your room not having flatware. Housekeeping has been notified and will be correcting this as soon as possible. For the windows, our hotel has to follow safety policies with the number of inches a window can open and we are working to improve the condition of our common areas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a cross country move to Denver:

Positives:
- ample parking for Uhaul
- Uhaul was safe/ no one tried breaking into it
- Grab to go breakfast - not huge or anything to brag about, but a nice convenience
- located close to light rail
- located near a lot of restaurants and things to do

Negatives
- the room smelled awful. I don't know what it was from, but even after leaving, anything that was in the room smelled of the room until washed
- the bed was tiny - we paid for a queen size bed, and I'm pretty sure we got a full bed. My husband is 6'3" - we know when we're not in a queen
- even though we indicated there would be two people in the room, there was not enough cutlery or mugs or anything for two people. Their plates, silverware, cups, mugs etc. look like they came from 1955. I bet you could find nicer stuff at garage sales for .25 a piece. Nothing felt clean and I washed everything before using it
-the advertising for the room said we'd have a work station. There was no work station and in fact, even though we indicated we'd have two people - there was not even a second chair for my husband to eat in. He had to eat on the bed while I ate by myself. I feel positive this room was meant for one person, not two - even though we paid for the cost of having two people there.
- Definitely some shady characters around
- Not that close to downtown Denver

Pretty much all of the extended stays in and around Denver have negative reviews, so I can't really offer an alternative. I am grateful we only had to stay 3 nights - if it was going to be a true "extended stay", I'd be very upset with the place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Sara - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our parking and location were convenient for the needs of your stay. But, I am so disappointed that the cleanliness of the room did not meet your expectations and that the supplies needed for the full kitchen were missing. Please know the front desk can be contacted at any time to try and resolve any issues including not enough items. Please accept my apology for all of this. We will definitely make this a training topic and ensure the room is completely stocked before your arrival.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Landover, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room was infested with ants . No phone or clock. Towel rack was half attached to the wall. Carpet was very dirty. AC had knobs broken off. I killed spiders daily. Pubic hairs in towels. They still wanted to charge me the full rate.

Room Tip: Ask if there is any construction planned.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank themrasw
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I'm so sorry the room was missing certain items and that it was unclean. In response, we have restocked the room and I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies. Also, I do apologize if it was not communicated properly, but we are going through a renovation, so please try us again in a few months and see how great we really can be.

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Lake Orion, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed for ten days and the only reason we didn't switch hotels was the price. We couldn't afford to stay anywhere else. The room was dirty and run-down. I am only praying we didn't bring bed bugs home with us. Something bit my husband and me, but we never saw any bugs. When we got to our room there was no phone in the room, they had to go find one for us. The dishwasher leaked, the bathroom tile was mildewy and dirty. The office staff kept running out of things like dishwasher detergent. There was no way to buy laundry soap without going to the store. There were cigarette ashes in the sugar/sweetener tray. The drawer handle was falling off the desk drawer. Although the hotel is in a nice part of town, I didn't feel very safe while staying there as the clientele looked like they just left the asylum. By the way there is no pool.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SunbuttLandrama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I can't expect much from $50/night, but just maybe clean sheets, non-smoking room that doesnt smell like smoke, hot shower. My bed sheets weren't clean, I asked to replace them but was advise that happens only once/week. Non-smoking room had mattress with sigarette burns (room 212), few more things. I tried to spend as little time as possible in the room. Now leaving Denver I think I have bed bugs bites all over my arms. I should have never stayed.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Oksanawalton
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. There is not excuse for the issues you mentioned. I will be working with my team to review housekeeping and room inspection procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I also would like to let you know that your room was professionally inspected and no activity of bed bugs (or any other pests) was found. I would be happy to discuss this situation further and answer any lingering questions you may have. Please contact me at dtc@extendedstay.com.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
BFE NV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The red film on the shower curtain reminded me of college microbiology lab, There is huge crack in the bathroom door. There is some kind of rust colored stain behind the toilet. The walls over the stove have permanent grease stains. The place smelled like burnt rope.

Coffee was not replaced, one roll of toilet paper for the whole week, one coffee cup, one fork, nothing to cook with - fully supplied kitchen my eye.

Staff unavailable, went to lobby 4 times, saw a staff member once. Could not get change for the laundry due to this. Inconvenient to almost anything. No book or binder to provide directions, advice or call numbers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I'm a traveling nurse so only in Denver for 12wks. I didn't want to take the provided housing cause I'd have to bring my own linens, electronics and set up my own cable and internet. The room was clean, linen clean and the room is perfect for 1 or 2 people. Has 2 burner stove, sink, microwave and full size fridge. Came with toaster and set of 2 cups, bowls, sm & lg plates. Free cable, flat screen TV and free WiFi. Would definitely recommend. Also girls plenty of clothing space; large dresser and decent closet. Free breakfast isn't great but whatever for the price you can more then afford to eat out. I compared similar hotels this was about $40/night cheaper. I had a great discount anything over 30 days earns you a monthly discount

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Breanna - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your 12-week stay with us and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. I'm also pleased to hear that your room was clean and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.