“Having a great stay!! Thanx to the GM and the staff!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North
Ranked #115 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Found myself stuck in a spot between houses, and ended up here,couldnt be a more PERFECT spot!!! One light rail station away, takes about one minute to walk to, and another TWO minutes to get to work!!!
The staff here is friendly and go out of their way to wow their guests!!!

A special thanx to Shawn, Chris, Greg and Marissa

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the hotels location meet your needs. We strive our best to make every guest feel comfortable with their stay and their room. Our staff is the face for the hotel when you are at the front desk.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Having to move suddenly brought me to this property. I work in the hospitality industry so i am more critical than most guests would be, and I found the front desk staff courteous and very helpful.They went of f their way to assist me with even the most simple of things. The G.M. there is on property almost daily it seems, and is super nice!!! (Its rare the guest sees the g.m. at any hotel)
Even with the renovation happening there, it is quiet, and knowing there is security over night, I feel safe!!! And that's IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had booked this place for a week as we needed a place to stay while house hunting. The shower was covered with mold, there was pubic hair all over the bathroom floor, there was what appeared to be ear wax smeared on the wall next to the bed and the pillows were horrifically stained with god knows what. The only reason we didn't leave immediately was we had just driven 12 hours and badly needed rest. Thank goodness for the travel pillows we had in the car. Which we through away as a precautionary measure.

The only nice thing I can say about this place was the staff were nice and understanding of our wanting to flee the grounds.

The place was so bad I thought that if I were to don a white tank top I would be tempting fate and end up on an episode of Cops!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Brcomic
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed about the cleanliness issues you described. We pride ourselves in our customer service and cleanliness and while it's great to hear the service was good it's so upsetting to hear about the bathroom cleanliness issues. Plus to have pillows issues is unacceptable and we would definitely replace them if needed. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am using each of these items as a training guide to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I bought this hotel stay on Hotwire for $89 for two nights, and I felt it was a decent deal. The front desk clerk was helpful on check in, and my room was clean and stocked with everything I needed except for flatware.Not knowing Denver very well, I was a little disappointed that the location was kind of far( in traffic) from Colfax street where I was visiting my son, but thats not the fault of the hotel.
Two things I would ask management to consider- a window that opened in the room would be nice for fresh air and the stairs/parking lot area was pretty unclean.It would make for a more pleasant experience to have that area cleaned up.All in all though, if I could get the same rate and was passing through again, and the location suited me, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank filmdreamer
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with our front desk services . I am also very happy that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. Still, please accept my sincere apologies about your room not having flatware. Housekeeping has been notified and will be correcting this as soon as possible. For the windows, our hotel has to follow safety policies with the number of inches a window can open and we are working to improve the condition of our common areas.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a cross country move to Denver:

Positives:
- ample parking for Uhaul
- Uhaul was safe/ no one tried breaking into it
- Grab to go breakfast - not huge or anything to brag about, but a nice convenience
- located close to light rail
- located near a lot of restaurants and things to do

Negatives
- the room smelled awful. I don't know what it was from, but even after leaving, anything that was in the room smelled of the room until washed
- the bed was tiny - we paid for a queen size bed, and I'm pretty sure we got a full bed. My husband is 6'3" - we know when we're not in a queen
- even though we indicated there would be two people in the room, there was not enough cutlery or mugs or anything for two people. Their plates, silverware, cups, mugs etc. look like they came from 1955. I bet you could find nicer stuff at garage sales for .25 a piece. Nothing felt clean and I washed everything before using it
-the advertising for the room said we'd have a work station. There was no work station and in fact, even though we indicated we'd have two people - there was not even a second chair for my husband to eat in. He had to eat on the bed while I ate by myself. I feel positive this room was meant for one person, not two - even though we paid for the cost of having two people there.
- Definitely some shady characters around
- Not that close to downtown Denver

Pretty much all of the extended stays in and around Denver have negative reviews, so I can't really offer an alternative. I am grateful we only had to stay 3 nights - if it was going to be a true "extended stay", I'd be very upset with the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Sara - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our parking and location were convenient for the needs of your stay. But, I am so disappointed that the cleanliness of the room did not meet your expectations and that the supplies needed for the full kitchen were missing. Please know the front desk can be contacted at any time to try and resolve any issues including not enough items. Please accept my apology for all of this. We will definitely make this a training topic and ensure the room is completely stocked before your arrival.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room was infested with ants . No phone or clock. Towel rack was half attached to the wall. Carpet was very dirty. AC had knobs broken off. I killed spiders daily. Pubic hairs in towels. They still wanted to charge me the full rate.

Room Tip: Ask if there is any construction planned.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank themrasw
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I'm so sorry the room was missing certain items and that it was unclean. In response, we have restocked the room and I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies. Also, I do apologize if it was not communicated properly, but we are going through a renovation, so please try us again in a few months and see how great we really can be.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed for ten days and the only reason we didn't switch hotels was the price. We couldn't afford to stay anywhere else. The room was dirty and run-down. I am only praying we didn't bring bed bugs home with us. Something bit my husband and me, but we never saw any bugs. When we got to our room there was no phone in the room, they had to go find one for us. The dishwasher leaked, the bathroom tile was mildewy and dirty. The office staff kept running out of things like dishwasher detergent. There was no way to buy laundry soap without going to the store. There were cigarette ashes in the sugar/sweetener tray. The drawer handle was falling off the desk drawer. Although the hotel is in a nice part of town, I didn't feel very safe while staying there as the clientele looked like they just left the asylum. By the way there is no pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SunbuttLandrama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Capitol Hill
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
#104 of 159 in Denver
The Timbers Hotel
#109 of 159 in Denver

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North? Share your experiences!