“Great for what it is”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #59 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I am always surprised by reviews that use unrealistic traits to measure a hotel like this facility as if it were a resort. An airport hotel need to be evaluated on its proximity to the airport, how safe and clean it is, how helpful the staff is, and for me, if the internet works. Based upon those measures, this is an excellent place to stay.

I arrived late (1:00AM local time/3:00 AM east coast) and the overnight front desk person was nice and very quick to get me to my room. Breakfast was what you would expect - a breakfast bar filled with cereals, toast, waffles, fruit, and coffee. It was fresh and fine.

I needed to print some documents but had an issue with the printer and the front desk helped out in a quick and friendly manner.

I paid $120 for the night; a very good deal for a major metro airport.

If you are in the DIA area and need a place to hang for one night - give this hotel a try.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Newave314
ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. While we are not a resort hotel, we take a great deal of pride in our cleanliness, service and offering a consistent product that represents Marriott well. I am happy to hear that we were able to fulfil your expectations at a reasonable rate. As for breakfast, we are now adding scrambled eggs and sausage to the menu to improve the selection. We hope that you will give us the chance to serve you again when returning to Denver. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed one night before our vacation and one night when we returned. Beautiful hotel! Great breakfast. They also have a park and fly rate. Have a shuttle to and from the airport. Ate at vinnie's bar and grill and it was excellent!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. We love our newly renovated hotel, and are exceptionally pleased you like it too. We hope your vacation was excellent and look forward to seeing you again when you return to Denver.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed here 1 night on our way to Breckenridge . We had an issue w/ tthe shuttle bus from airport. We had to wait for 2 busses about 30/40 min because we were told flight crews had priority by shuttle driver. It was late at night and we had our 7 year old granddaughter with us. The next morning my husband talked to the manager who said that never should have happened. They took care of us. Which we appreciated. The rooms are modern and clean. the breakfast is nice. Just remember may have to wait a while for that shuttle bus if late at night .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank poppy119

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so sorry that you had to wait a prolonged period of time for our shuttles. We actually run the most frequent shuttle service in the area, so you having to wait is completely unacceptable. I can assure you that I've shared your feedback with our team and that we are working to correct it for future guests. I am pleased to hear that the rest of your experience was improved and that the staff took efforts to apologize. I hope that you will give us another chance if you visit Denver again. Thank you again,

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was caught in Denver with a canceled flight and needing a place to stay for a single night. I was able to call from the airport and the staff was super helpful and very understanding of my situation. They were able to get me in, offered some help in getting me some dinner and made sure I had everything I needed for the single night. The staff was very aware of the hardships of an unplanned overnight stay, and they handled it really well. Everything about the hotel was neat and clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GR G

Thank you for your feedback. We completely understand how frustrating it is to be stranded at the airport. I'm glad the team was able to make your travel experience easier after that. We hope to see you again on future visits to Denver under better circumstances.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed here for one night in 2/2013. Room was exceptionally clean and smelled fresh. Decorated nicely. Breakfast was great (sausage and biscuits tasted exceptionally fine) and we used the shuttle to the airport. It was on-time and the driver was friendly.

Great value!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MichelleKaye

Thank you so much for your kind review. We absolutely love our newly renovated hotel and the 'green tea' package we selected. We hope that you will choose to visit us again when returning to Denver. Safe travels!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here for one night before our trip to Europe. The room we were given was in 301 and close to the main road. It was noisy and the noise from the traffic was bothersome. We did not have a restful night at all. Wish we knew first hand that the noise from the road even in the middle of the night is terrible. We did not like the room at all although it was clean but the noise coming from the outside was horrible.
Breakfast was so-so. The shuttle to and from the airport was okay.

Just beware, ask for a room that is away from the main road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the main road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tworns
ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback in regards to the hotel. I apologize that your night didn't provide you must rest due to traffic noise. Typically Tower Rd. is very quiet and has very little traffic during the evenings. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to give you a better experience on your return visit to Denver. We will also have a new breakfast beginning in March offering more hot items and a wider variety. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We will work dilligently to ensure that we take steps to improve the hotel for your next visit.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

After a very frustating day due to a cancelled flight out of Denver we ended up at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott on Tower road. Therra and staff was able to quickly get our group more than 20 rooms needed for my staff. Throughout the evening Tatiana and Emily were very friendly and made sure we enjoyed our stay. Jokingly we told Emily that we wanted some homeade cookies, I dont know if this is a normal practise but after we came back from dinner she had a plate of warm cookies for us! They made a frustrating day out to be a very enjoyable evening. I'm sure we were quite loud in the lobby playing cards that evening and not only did they not ask us to be quite they checked on us to make sure we had everything we needed. I will return to the Fairfield Inn on Tower road any time i can.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jared W

Thank you so much for your kind response. I am so pleased that Emily, Tatiana and Therra were all there to help you and your group during a difficult experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again. And yes, we will have cookies waiting for you!