“Great place except for the noise”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #54 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Ohio
“Great place except for the noise”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I enjoy everything about this hotel except for the noise. I've stayed on several occasions and each time the person in the next room could be heard like they were sitting next to me. I think they were being loud but I wanted to beat on the wall that I don't care about your lunch tomorrow nor what you had for dinner. I will ask in the morning if I can switch rooms because if this keeps up it'll be two nights wih little sleep instead of just one.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry that you experienced issues with noise during your stay. If you'd be willing to give us another chance, we can block a room in the area of your choosing to make sure you don't have issues again. We very rarely get noise complaints, so I am genuinely sorry you experienced this. Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Morgantown PA
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Good management, friendly reception, large & modern well designed rooms, very good breakfast area and food selection, easy to find location off Rt 70 near to DEN Airport, very nice pool and recreation area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your kind review. We're glad that you enjoy our newly renovated work out facilities and pool. We hope that you will choose us again in your future visits to Denver. Safe travels!
tucson
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I got caught up in the Dec 2013 cold snap and was stranded at DEN. I hadn't even gotten a flight yet when I shopped for hotels, picked this one on proximity, price and because when I called at nearly 1am, they had a shuttle running. I was only there about 5 hrs but all was just fine and consistent with the Fairfield line. Shuttle service back was also spot on. Next time I'm stuck at DEN (at least my 4th time) I'll be staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. Getting unexpectedly stranded late in the evening is the worst! I am glad we were able to assist you with our 24 hour shuttle service. We hope to host you on better terms for your next visit to Denver. Safe travels!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Spent 1 night there this weekend. Staff was nice and helpful. Got a surprise when I pulled down the sheets to go to bed though- there were stains and little crumbly things in one of the beds. Pretty disgusting. I promptly let the woman at the front desk know and she said she would forward the report to her Manager. I checked out the other bed in the room and it looked clean, so I slept in that one instead. Never heard a word back from the Manager. Shuttle service was good (make sure to call the hotel upon arrival at DIA to get the next pick up time and location and be sure to book your shuttle service time back to DIA with the front desk the night before). Breakfast was not as comprehensive or as good as that of a Courtyard Marriott where I recently stayed. I will pass on the Fairfield Inn in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We take a great deal of pride in our cleanliness, so I am so sorry that your bed wasn't immaculate. We are researching our records to see who cleaned your room and will definitely share your feedback with our housekeeping team. I'm glad we were at least able to provide better service with our shuttle department. Again, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the breakfast as much as the Courtyard. Ours is a deluxe, hot breakfast that is complimentary. The Courtyard typically offers a different selection, as there is a cost associated with it and they offer the full Bistro. Finally, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for not having an immediate response from myself or someone else on our management team to address your concern. We genuinely appreciate feedback from guests such as yourself and pride ourselves on a quick response. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and provide you with a better experience the next time you travel to Denver.
Lake Arrowhead, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had a 6am flight and had arranged for a 5am shuttle ride in the morning. My alarm malfunctioned and would have overslept, however, they called my room and woke me up so I could still make my flight! Very friendly people at the front desk - they recommended the Italian restaurant "DeCiccio's" (about a 5 min walk) - which was excellent, authentic Italian food.

1 Thank Keith A
ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. It's great to hear that we were able to help you make your flight on time. We hope that you will choose us again when visiting Colorado! Safe travels!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The location is great when you get in at 11 pm and just need a quick night's sleep before your next day of business. Unfortunately, the hotel is old, in need of updates and incredibly noisy. I was put in a room at then end of the hall right on Tower Rd... listened to traffic all night without a wink of sleep. It's too bad because this spot could be awesome! The gym also is in need of major renovation ... old outdated equipment... not very inspiring for a morning workout. I want to like it, but I just can't...

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a room that is away from Tower Road. Walls and window are paper thin, you will...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for you to not have had a good night's rest due to noise. We rarely receive complaints about this, so we are are trying to different rooms to see if there is anything that can be adjusted. As to the work out room, I am sorry for your frustrations. The room itself was expanded, remodeled and supplied with all new equiptment less than two years ago. All of the equiptment contains personal TVs and is almost as new as you can get for technology. I would love to hear back from you on what equipment you would suggest we offer to ensure we make guests such as yourself happier for future visits. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to service you better in the future.
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Needed to spend a night with DIA shuttle service and this proved a good choice, great value for the money. The staff was extremely helpful to me. Room cleanliness was outstanding. The bed and bedding was unusually good for an airport hotel in this price range. The breakfast offerings were good. Had an excellent dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, a short and safe walk away on a well-lit sidewalk with no busy roads to cross.

I thought I had found perfection in an airport hotel, but then I turned the heater on for the night. It wasn't as loud as the old wall bangers, but way louder than most newer ones and woke me up whenever it kicked in. It may just have been the heater in room 134 that had this problem and your experience may vary. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so very much for your kind feedback about the hotel. I have already spoken with our maintenance engineer to look into the heating unit in room 134 and make adjustments. I'm genuinely sorry the heating unit was too loud for you, as I know how much that impacts a good night's rest. We will definitely take every step to ensure your next visit is just perfect. We're thrilled you enjoyed the beds, staff and shutte. We look forward to hosting you again in your future visits to Denver.

Safe travels,