“This Courtyard is better than nearly every Marriott I've stay at.”

Courtyard Denver Downtown
Ranked #62 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 May 2011

First, the staff at the front desk was great. Friendly, helpful, easy to talk to. This was my first trip to Denver in probably 10 years, so I needed some help just getting around. The hotel itself if very charming. It's great to see a Courtyard come in and remodel an old building. It had so much more character than most Courtyards. The location seems perfectly located Downtown. The parking staff was also extremely helpful, especially the afternoon crew. It's a bit on the spendy side for a Courtyard, but you're staying at a hotel that really is awesome and certainly much more than I expect from most Courtyards.

Room Tip: You don't need a suite to get plenty of room
2  Thank ridethebike
GuestServiceMgr, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

I'm happy to hear we were able to be a part of your trip back to Denver and make your stay much more than you expected. We take pride in the history of our building and have tried our best to preserve its historic charm while still providing our guests with upgraded amenities. Thank you for taking the time to recognize this. Please don't wait another 10 years to come back and visit.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

We loved this hotel. We live in northern Colorado and spent the weekend in Denver with friends doing tourist 'things'. Daniel at the front desk could not have been more courteous, kind and helpful. I wish he could be cloned and sent around the country to work at all hotels.Even his coworkers said he was one of the nicest guys to work with. We travel quite a bit and he is/was the best we've encountered.

Room Tip: call the hotel direct.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth H
GuestServiceMgr, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Thank you for posting comments about your stay and specifically about our Guest Service Supervisor, Danyul. You truly picked the perfect hotel to do tourist "things" in downtown Denver and we hope to have you and your friends stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2011

My husband and I took a weekend getaway from the mountains during "mud" season to the city with our 16 month old. The staff at this hotel is so comfortably nice and professional. I was about to ask for kid friendly recommendations when I was presented this nice printed piece on where to go and what to do with kids and also a little pig and sheep bath toys! The suite was beautiful. The bath tub was huge and would accommodate a very tall man comfortably. The bed was so comfortable that we are going to buy that same model. The free beer certificates to the kid-friendly brew pub across the street were the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wannaBeech

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your suite and the children's toys we were able to provide to you and your family. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

This is a great hotel for the price and is in an ideal location. It is located directly on the 16th street mall, and there is a stop for the free mall ride right in front of the hotel. Rooms were updated and very cleanly. This nice ladies at reception (Kira and Pernilla) were excellent! Everthing was clean and in good working order. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a downtown view
2  Thank JULIEKC2
GuestServiceMgr, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to recognize two of our wonderful guest service associates. Reviews like this are the reason we are all in the hospitality industry. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

During March, 2011, my wife and I took a train trip on Amtrak from Denver to San Francisco. We flew into Denver and took the $11.00 RTA bus shuttle to Market Square Station on Denver's 16th Street Mall. Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on the 16th Street Mall not far from the Amtrak station. Beautiful, clean hotel. Nice rooms, helpful staff. Great location to go shopping, attend pro sports activities, civic center, tour the State Capital or or go nightclubbing. The 16th Street Mall has a free shuttle system that goes up and down the street very frequently from early in the morning until late at night. Free, safe and clean. Great entertainment district! I asked the concierge at the Marriott if he could recommend a place where we might get a beer and he gave us coupons for free beers and appetizers at 4 different brew pubs and bars. We had a great time in Denver and the Courtyard Marriott on 16th Street was a perfect location to step out and enjoy the town.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amaboskcus
GuestServiceMgr, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Thank you for posting your experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown. It sounds like you had a wonderful time while here in Denver. Our team has great relationships with the nearby bars and restaurants, so we are able to provide great recommendations and discounts for our guests to take advantage of. I hope to see you back in Denver soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

. I'm on the end of a 4-night stay, I have truly enjoyed my stay. This hotel has just finished a complete renovation (still moving in some room furniture) and they did a great job. The decor strikes a balance between modern and mountain cabin. I got a 6th floor room and the ceiling is 15 feet tall. The room even had mountain views between other downtown buildings.

The staff are helpful and very professional. The location cannot be beat since it is located on the 16th street mall. The free mall bus runs right by the front door. There are dozens of good restaurants within walking distance. When I return to Denver this will be my home base.

1  Thank RJFlyer
GuestServiceMgr, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown. Your wonderful compliments are very much appreciated. I especially enjoyed the photos you took of our newly renovated rooms. I look forward to hosting your next stay here at your Denver home base.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I just returned from a 4 night business trip in the Denver Area. This hotel is fantastic. The property just finished a renovation and it looks great. The rooms are updated and very big for a courtyard. All that is great, but the best part of my stay was how well the staff treated me. I felt like I was staying at a Ritz Carlton. Everyone was so helpful, friendly, and by the second night where all greeting me by my name as I walked through the lobby. They referred me to great restaurants walking distance to the hotel on 16th Ave. I also walked to a Denver Nuggets game and it only took about 10 minutes. I would recommend this property for business travelers and vacationers alike. Great experience!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rhiggins22
GuestServiceMgr, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. Providing the very best service possible is our top priority and it’s wonderful to see that we achieved our goal. Being compared to our full service sister brand, Ritz Carlton, is quite an honor and I am happy to hear of the terrific experience you had here with us. Thank you for recommending our property and we look forward to hosting your next downtown Denver stay.