Courtyard Denver Downtown
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$203
Hotels.com
US$432
US$319
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrialto cafegreat locationtypical courtyardvalet parkingrock bottommarriott hotelspedestrian mallclock towerfree buscoors fieldattached restaurantconvention centerinternet accessfront desk stafffew blocksrockies gamecorner room
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed here while on business, the location is great; close to restaurants, shopping, right on the 16th Street Mall. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays and the staff are very friendly and helpful. On the negative side...the room was very noisy. Either the thermostat and/or the mini fridge would cycle hourly at such a loud level that it woke me up every hour during the night. Other noises emanated from the ceiling....it sounded like people were dropping bowling balls onto the floor above. Since the reason for a hotel is to sleep...I had a rough 3 nights without sufficient rest. Many of the people at the training classes I attended (also held in the hotel) complained of not having hot water in the morning...I was lucky and at least did not encounter this issue.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for the candid feedback. I will make note of the issues experienced throughout your stay. We are however; delighted to hear that the level of service provided was above and beyond. Thank you for your review.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Location excellent right there in the heart of everything. Staff was very professional. One staff member drew me in with that awesome smile (Cecile) she made me feel very welcomed...thanks everybody!!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for the review. I can not wait to tell Cecile what an impact she had on your stay! We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was very impressed by nearly every aspect of this Courtyard property. From the great staff to the unbeatable location, to the "larger than they should be in downtown" rooms this Courtyard really does impress.

I arrived an hour and a half early and the friendly desk staff tried hard and found me an available room which was appreciated.

The lobby is tastefully decorated and expansive without being over the top stuffy. The elevators and hallways were bright, clean, and impressive.

The room was very nice. Updated with newer carpeting, a huge flat screen tv which got HD programming, and a super comfortable bed were the highlights. The bathroom featured nice furniture and the shower had great water pressure and unlike the prior reviews hot water was plentiful and reliable during my stay.

The attached restaurant had very good food and considering the downtown location great Happy Hour food and drink specials.

The free high speed internet was just that, fast and free.

I would happily return to this property and highly recommend it for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to hear your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at the property on 12/2, the hotel was nicely decorated for the holidays, the room was fine, and we had a nice meal in the restaurant but had one major issue. My wife attempted to take a shower in the morning only to find out there was NO HOT WATER!
I called the front desk and was told so may people were taking showers they ran out, no apology. I thought to myself, a lot of people at a hotel taking showers, that certainly must have been an unprecedented event! It was very frustrating not to have hot water but the response from the front desk just added insult to injury. We later found out there was a mechanical problem but it was not fixed before we needed to leave for the airport.
I had to request some compensation for the significant inconvenience as the hotel offered nothing. I can understand an unexpected mechanical issue but the I can not accept the extremely poor customer service and would not stay at this chain again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to learn not only of the problem experienced during your stay but also the level of customer service you received. I assure you this is not the norm. We did have a mechanical issue with our hot water system during your stay but that is no excuse for having poor customer service. I will speak with the associates working during your stay and coach them on how to properly handle guest issues such as these. I apologize again.

Warm Regards,
Alexandra Crown

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We spent an evening at the Courtyard by Marriott in Denver. It was very festively decorated for the upcoming holiday season. The room was clean and well maintained. Considering the hotel is right off of 16th street mall, I thought it was relatively quiet. There are tons of restaurants and shopping nearby so it is excellently located.

Room Tip: We had a nice room on the second floor with a view of the clock tower
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

We are so please you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the holiday decorations. Thank you for reviewing us and we hope to see you again!

Alexandra Crown