“WHEN BABY COMES A CALLIN”

Courtyard Denver Downtown
Ranked #63 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recently stayed on the 6th floor. At midnight I could hear the sound of a crying baby. The baby was in another room. when I called the front desk they offered to move me, I declined the late am offer. I explained to the front desk that children cry, but a guest should not be able to able to hear them in the another room. all the guest room doors in the hotel sounded like submarine hatches closing. No kleenex in the room.The entry card system for the room and elevator was like playing a bad game of roulette. the bottom of the bathtub was greasy, from what i dare not guess. When I asked for a bellboy to help with the luggage on checkout, I was told by the front desk that they are not a full marriott, but he would see what he could do, I took my own bags down. There was a eventual apology, however nothing to compensate for a lost nights sleep and a very bad stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gypsy490
Nathaniel L, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I apologize if your experiences were less than satisfactory. While our hotel strives to meet any and all needs of our guests, I am sorry we were not able to meet yours. Please know we offer a 24 hour staff willing to assist you, regardless of whether or not we are full or select service. I would like the opportunity to make this right. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your experiences further.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here for about a week while attending a volleyball tournament at the convention center. It was an easy walk to the convention center and everything else in downtown Denver. There's also a Starbucks on the same corner, a HUGE plus for me.

I was in the smallest king room they have and my view was of the building next door, but I was very impressed with the 20' ceilings in my room! Decorating was very nice and the rooms were clean. There's also a restaurant attached that has great room service (I loved the short ribs).

The staff was so incredibly nice and helpful. I had a lot of things I needed, like copies of reports, package shipping, and other things and they went above and beyond to help me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I travel to. Denver for business frequently and usually prefer Hilton properties but the location of this Courtyard trumps anything else downtown. It's right on the 16th street mall and the free trolley takes me one direction to my office and the other direction to my client's building...just perfectly situated.

Then there is the Rialto adjacent to the hotel which has awesome food and great service...also room service is from Rialto which is so convenient.

The front desk has always been extremely helpful to me at this property and the hotel itself had a facelift a few years back, but some rooms look like it is nearing time for another one. I like the color palette and the black and white houndstooth print carpet ...the bathrooms are small but well appointed and the rooms are hit or miss depending on where in the old, renovated building you are. My only complaint is that the pillows need to be replaced. It takes 4 of them stacked to be the equivalent of one good foam pillow..

I agree with other posts that internet connectivity is not the greatest here...could be the old building is part of the reason...but I travel with an air card for cases like that and it works fine in this hotel.
If I am going to be staying downtown I avoid getting a car because parking is outrageous in downtown Denver and this hotel's valet parking is no exception...I believe it is $35 per day but it has been a while so that may not be the current rate. No need for a car with the great public transportation downtown though.

All in all the best choice for this Hilton Diamond member. ;)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The Courtyard Marriott was absolutely wonderful. You will not get a better location than this in Denver! Not only are you in the heart of downtown but you are also right next to a wonderful food spot Sam's No 3. The staff was very respectful and friendly, management definitely has the right people in place.

Some tips to my fellow travelers:
- Use the free mall bus to walk to LoDo or Coors field
- Learn the RTD system! Take the free mall bus to market station and possibilities are endless ($11 one way to airport, $2 to bus stop near Coors factory in Golden,CO)
- AT&T users, service is spotty in rooms
- Check out the big blue bear! Not a far walk from this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JGuz649
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We had 24 hours to spend in Denver after a long weekend in Keystone. We arrived after 5:00 pm and check in was a breeze. We got directions to where I booked dinner reservations and a map so we could shop the next day.

The beds were fabulous and the room ammenities were lovely.

We spent the next day sightseeing until it was nearing time to leave for the airport. We stopped in the Rialto to have a quick snack and happy hour. The front desk was very helpful in getting our luggage out to the front and arranging town car service to the airport.

We can't wait to return when it's warmer!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Kelly B, Guest Services Representative at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We are delighted that your enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was so accommodating. We pride ourselves with providing our guests with an exceptional hotel experience and we are please to know that we met your expecations. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we look forward to seeing you again now that the weather has warmed up.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in October -- overall very pleased.

1. Room -- We got a 1 br "larger suite" which was fantastic. Big corner room overlooking the intersection of 16th and Curtis with wicked awesome windows -- absolutely huge. We have two small kids, and this setup worked well -- pull-out bed in the living room with ample room for a crib. Only "issue" is that we consistently smelled coffee from Starbucks (directly below our room), which didn't really bother us. Housekeeping consistently made up our room in the morning (preserving afternoon naptime) and provided extra towels.

2. Location -- Perfect. Right in the middle of the 16th St pedestrian mall, a short walk from Larimer St restaurants. We thought the on-site parking worked well.

3. Amenities -- No pool -- understandable for a downtown hotel, but good to know. We didn't use the on-site restaurant for breakfast, as there's a fantastic diner next door (Sam's). Small fridge in the room was very helpful for us.

4. Value -- We needed to book a suite and saved a bundle compared to other hotels downtown. Very good value.

Overall, this is a solid choice for a comfortable hotel downtown. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a corner suite!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

I am so happy to hear that the hotel and amenities met your needs. The room that we had you in is one of my favorites so I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it also! We truly appreciate you taking the time to review and we hope you come back and visit us for all your Downtown Denver needs :)

Alexandra

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have a certificate issued by this location for a free room and have tried to use it multiple times. Each time I am met with ridiculous obstacles and the rudest staff imaginable. This location is an embarrassment to the Marriott name and if they are not ashamed of their staff, they most certainly should be.

Stayed: January 2014
Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconveniences you seem to continually have with redeeming your free night stay. If I may, I would like to explain that the free night certificate states very clearly that the reservation must be made and approved by our General Manager. This is to prevent guests from walking in and redeeming their certificates on nights where we are at/near full capacity.

Again I am sorry this process has been difficult and I will certainly discuss with our staff to be more considerate when explaining these guidelines. If you would like, please call us when you are ready to make your reservation at 303-571-1114 and we will be more than happy to make a reservation for your FREE night stay :) I hope to hear from you soon!

Warm Regards,