“Good choice for conference venue”

Courtyard Denver Downtown
Ranked #58 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Good choice for conference venue”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here recently as I had business at the conference centre which was an easy walk from the hotel. Check in was quick and friendly and the room had everything I needed for a comfortable stay.The free wi-fi was fast and easy to access. The room that I had actually looked into the lobby of the hotel, but this wasn't a problem at all, and it was very quiet for the whole stay.
Being a central downtown location there were lots of places to eat within easy walking distance but I had one evening meal and several breakfasts at the restaurant which is annexed on to the hotel. Food was OK, service very patchy (cold food, order wrong) and slow and I can't say I'd recommend this venue. The breakfast was order off the menu only which I don't like...I want to decide my own portions and get food when I want it. that said, I'd be quite happy to stay here again - just be aware that the final bill has state taxes and other taxes added to the price that they tell you at check-in - seems a bit misleading not to tell the customer what the cost of the stay is actually going to come to.

Green Features: Marriott proclaim they are concerned about the environment, but the shower strength cannot be controlled and ran like the Niagara Falls...the water used during a short shower was astounding
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kelly B, Guest Services Representative at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are grateful for your kind words about our services. We pride ourselves at providing our guests with exceptional service and we are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations. With that being said, we do apologize that your experience in the Rialto Café was not satisfactory. Additionally, we appreciate you bring to our attention the issue with the showers. This information with be passed on to our engineering department.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was my third time staying at this property and it is great. The location is prime, close to the Denver arts center, Larmier St. and shopping. It is on 16th Street Mall. The hotel is surprisingly quiet. I have really enjoyed the time I have stayed here.

Room Tip: Room that overlooks the 16th Street Mall!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us so much that you keep coming back. We truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The front desk staff and lobby layout make this hotel very warm and inviting. The room was clean but the view was of the parking lot. Be sure to ask for a room that overlooks 16th Street Mall. The hotel location is great. You can walk all over downtown Denver from the state capital to lower downtown. There's so much to see and do in this area. I highly recommend this hotel to guests that want to stay in the heart of downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the 16th Street Mall.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia A
Jason M, Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time you are in Denver.
Midwest
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I picked this hotel mainly for the location. It's very close to Denver's "LODO" scene, and there is a free bus right outside of the hotel that can get you there and back very easily. The room was on the small side, but I was a single traveler, so I didn't need much room anyway. This would be a perfect get-a-way for a couple. The hotel, for the most part, is in really nice shape. Valet service is pricey ($32 a night), but you have in and out privileges, and all of the people working were very professional. The lobby area is roomy, with many areas to sit down and relax. Staff very professional and courteous. Rooms were on the quaint side, but clean, and everything worked. Bathrooms and long and roomy. Elevator buttons...I'm still trying to figure out why they are positioned like they were. (You'll see after you stay there and use it.) When I'm back in Denver, I will definitely make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kelly B, Guest Services Representaive at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your kind words. We pride ourselves with being able to provide our guest with exceptional services and we are delights that our staff was able to meet your expectations. Being an historic building we do have a variety of rooms layouts so the next time you are with us if your room is too small or unsatisfactory please let us know and we will be happy to relocate you to a room that better fits your needs. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in downtown Denver.
Garden City, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this room, and one other, as a Priceline Express Deal. Sometimes, you can have a bad experience when you book a deal like that but, thankfully, this wasn't one of those times. Throughout the stay, the staff was very gracious and polite. Our rooms were nicely appointed, clean, comfortable and very modern with ample outlets, flat screen tvs, microwave, fridge, coffee pot and hair dryer. Although one room had a view of the alley, mine overlooked Curtis Street and the 16th Street Mall, so, if possible, request a room with a good view.The valet parking was very convenient and I slept better knowing my vehicle was not parked on the street. They offer a complimentary coffee bar in the morning, although I didn't partake and the on-site restaurant is nice too.

During my stay, I left my prescription glasses and didn't realize it until late at night. I called the hotel and they left a message for housekeeping to call me in the morning. As promised, I received a call telling me they had my glasses! I made arrangements for them to be mailed and they arrived nicely packaged and undamaged.

Overall, this is a great hotel, in the heart of downtown. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I'd even pay a higher price.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DeB_OyLeR
gypsy490
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recently stayed on the 6th floor. At midnight I could hear the sound of a crying baby. The baby was in another room. when I called the front desk they offered to move me, I declined the late am offer. I explained to the front desk that children cry, but a guest should not be able to able to hear them in the another room. all the guest room doors in the hotel sounded like submarine hatches closing. No kleenex in the room.The entry card system for the room and elevator was like playing a bad game of roulette. the bottom of the bathtub was greasy, from what i dare not guess. When I asked for a bellboy to help with the luggage on checkout, I was told by the front desk that they are not a full marriott, but he would see what he could do, I took my own bags down. There was a eventual apology, however nothing to compensate for a lost nights sleep and a very bad stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gypsy490
Nathaniel L, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I apologize if your experiences were less than satisfactory. While our hotel strives to meet any and all needs of our guests, I am sorry we were not able to meet yours. Please know we offer a 24 hour staff willing to assist you, regardless of whether or not we are full or select service. I would like the opportunity to make this right. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your experiences further.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here for about a week while attending a volleyball tournament at the convention center. It was an easy walk to the convention center and everything else in downtown Denver. There's also a Starbucks on the same corner, a HUGE plus for me.

I was in the smallest king room they have and my view was of the building next door, but I was very impressed with the 20' ceilings in my room! Decorating was very nice and the rooms were clean. There's also a restaurant attached that has great room service (I loved the short ribs).

The staff was so incredibly nice and helpful. I had a lot of things I needed, like copies of reports, package shipping, and other things and they went above and beyond to help me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business