“Great Location - No Cell Service”

Courtyard Denver Downtown
Ranked #56 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Location - No Cell Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Denver for 3 nights in May 2014. The hotel is very conveniently located on the downtown mall, near the convention center, State Capitol, transportation, and businesses. We were blown away by the friendly, attentive service from the desk staff. It's a great choice for business travelers. We'll definitely stay again.

Amenities: The internet connection was lightning fast - even watching videos. The onsite restaurant was convenient, well-priced, and served great food. The free coffee each morning was a nice addition, but you also have Starbucks and Caribou Coffee directly next door. Free valet parking was a nice touch.

Rooms: The rooms were shockingly well appointed, compared to my past Courtyard experiences. High ceilings, tasteful art, and very comfortable beds. There was plenty of work space for business travelers. One downside was the complete lack of cell service in my room (303 - I have AT&T) which sent me scrambling to the lobby to make any calls or receive texts.

Room Tip: If you're an AT&T customer, prepare to be without cell service.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kelly B, Guest Services Representative at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Downtown Denver. Being in a historic building we have the luxury of being able to breaking away from the traditional and new Courtyard designs and provide our guests with a unique boutique hotel experience. It pleases us to know that our rooms surpassed your expectations.

We also appreciate your kind words about our staff. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown we do our utmost to provide our guests with exceptional service. It is wonderful to hear that we blew you away.

We look forward to accommodating you again the next time you are in Denver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were a little dubious about the Courtyard by Marriott brand......but what a surprise!

The hotel is in an old building but once inside your room you would never know it. Good spacious rooms, very clean and the beds were super comfortable.

A bonus was the Paul Mitchell amenities in the bathroom, and for a change there were plenty of towels.

The location is great, walking distance to the shopping area and restaurants.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KiwiWanderlust1
Kelly B, Guest Services Representative at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you has such a wonderful experience and that we surpassed your expectation. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Denver.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I love staying in this Courtyard. It is one of the best in the country. The service is outstanding, the location is perfect and I always get a great view. Everything you could want or need is within walking distance and the gym is one of the best I have seen in a hotel. ALWAYS enjoy my stay here!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian C
Kelly B, Guest Services Representative at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with exceptional service and we are so pleased that we continue to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Denver.
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at other chains but all were booked for a last min trip. I booked at the CY and was pleasantly surprised by the quietness of the hotel. I also had a large balcony facing the clock tower, amazing perk at sunset. Rooms are very clean. The hotel is old but very well maintained for its size. Rooms service was good, hot and fresh. I enjoyed the parking situation so many people have mentioned. It's a one way in and out lot. So no stragglers wandering around. Safe place. The front desk staff was accommodating to my ten suite cases arriving with me. They found me A bellman (engineer on property, very kind young man) helped haul all my things up with a smile. I later found out luggage service isn't really offered. Lol. Great stay and I will return because of the service and quality of room offered. Great price for being downtown and near everything.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind words. As you mentioned, we truly are located in one of the best areas of time city. With the 16th Street Mall right out our front door guests have the whole city is at their figure tips. While we are not a full service property we do try our best to accommodate guests specific needs to the best of our ability, as you experienced with our engineer assisting you with your luggage. We hope that your experience with us has changed your mind about the Courtyard brand and that the next time you are in downtown Denver you will once again book your stay with us.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here recently as I had business at the conference centre which was an easy walk from the hotel. Check in was quick and friendly and the room had everything I needed for a comfortable stay.The free wi-fi was fast and easy to access. The room that I had actually looked into the lobby of the hotel, but this wasn't a problem at all, and it was very quiet for the whole stay.
Being a central downtown location there were lots of places to eat within easy walking distance but I had one evening meal and several breakfasts at the restaurant which is annexed on to the hotel. Food was OK, service very patchy (cold food, order wrong) and slow and I can't say I'd recommend this venue. The breakfast was order off the menu only which I don't like...I want to decide my own portions and get food when I want it. that said, I'd be quite happy to stay here again - just be aware that the final bill has state taxes and other taxes added to the price that they tell you at check-in - seems a bit misleading not to tell the customer what the cost of the stay is actually going to come to.

Green Features: Marriott proclaim they are concerned about the environment, but the shower strength cannot be controlled and ran like the Niagara Falls...the water used during a short shower was astounding
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are grateful for your kind words about our services. We pride ourselves at providing our guests with exceptional service and we are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations. With that being said, we do apologize that your experience in the Rialto Café was not satisfactory. Additionally, we appreciate you bring to our attention the issue with the showers. This information with be passed on to our engineering department.
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was my third time staying at this property and it is great. The location is prime, close to the Denver arts center, Larmier St. and shopping. It is on 16th Street Mall. The hotel is surprisingly quiet. I have really enjoyed the time I have stayed here.

Room Tip: Room that overlooks the 16th Street Mall!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us so much that you keep coming back. We truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

The front desk staff and lobby layout make this hotel very warm and inviting. The room was clean but the view was of the parking lot. Be sure to ask for a room that overlooks 16th Street Mall. The hotel location is great. You can walk all over downtown Denver from the state capital to lower downtown. There's so much to see and do in this area. I highly recommend this hotel to guests that want to stay in the heart of downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the 16th Street Mall.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia_TravelGirl
Jason M, Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time you are in Denver.