“SUPER STAFF”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clemmons, North Carolina
“SUPER STAFF”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Jennifer, Nathan Forest, THREE Service Tech's. and a couple others who's names I don't recall. Whatever these associates are drinking, bottle it and send it out to anyone who wants to train their staff in customer service.

ALL the staff I encountered in my four day stay were incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and efficient. It's rare you encounter a team that exhibits such professionalism - CONSISTENTLY.

If you are looking for a convenient location, reasonable price (debatable, but the staff made the price inconsequential) and great customer service, this Courtyard is one to seriously consider!

Even the tech guys were great. YUP - I met three of them when my A/C Condensate backed up and set off the fire alarm. These guys were so apologetic and helpful. BUT, like a doctor in the examining room - they should NEVER say to each other 'OH NO" because it freaks out the patient! Even these guys were courteous and knowledgeable and efficient. They did what they said they'd do when they said they would do it.

This is where I'm staying whenever I'm in Denver!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably fine. I stayed on the second floor which was very convenient as I...
Green Features: Yes, this was a big deal for this hotel with signs everywhere. NOTE: The signs had way too much text on tem and I was too lazy to read them. I don't need all that info. If people don't know by now to use resources responsibly, all that text won't help!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kelly B, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Jim.....I am speechless. Your kind words about our staff means so much to all of us. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown we do our utmost to provide our guests with exceptional service. I am so delighted that our team was able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure to pass your review along to Nathan, Forrest, and Jen as well as the rest of our team. We truly appreciate your wonderful affirmation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Denver to honor her for graduating. The entire visit was flawless and exceeded my expectations. I'm a Life Time Marriott Platinum Premiere member and have stayed at numerous Marriott brand hotels, including the Courtyard brand. I can say this location in Denver far exceeds the norm for Courtyard Hotels. The rooms were very spacious and more than accommodating. Every level of staff I encountered was exceptional. The beds were extremely comfortable and were a nice place to settle down after long days hiking. The location is fantastic with access directly on the 16th street mall and close proximity to top restaurants and shopping. The hotel management is the best. They partnered with me to make this visit a memorable one and I can honestly say, they exceeded my expectations. My family is returning to Denver in July for a family get-away and I'm pleased we now have a 2nd home away from home...The Courtyard Marriot Denver.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 235ericks
Dear Erick,

We are so delighted that your daughter enjoyed her graduation celebration. Everyone here had an absolute blast preparing for your arrival.

Here are the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown we strive to provide our guests with a personalized stay that has them leaving dreaming about when they will be able to return next. We are so delighted that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you when you come back with the rest of your family in July.
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I came to town for a wedding and stayed at the Marriot Courtyard for four nights. Others from the wedding stayed at the Sheraton which was much larger and crowded. I liked the quiet pace of the Marriot. We had breakfast next door each morning and service was great there as well. The staff at the desk helped us with numerous questions and two different day trips to Estes Park and Red Rock. We walked up and down 16th and enjoyed people watching but the mountains, rocks and water were much nicer.
Great coffee was ready for guests each morning and the health club was never busy and a great way to start the day. (after coffee)
I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to town!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that your time with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown was enjoyable.

I am so glad the you got the chance to get out and experience Colorado while you were here. Red Rocks and Rocky Mountain National Forrest are two gems that all visitors to Colorado must experience. It is good to know that you were able to find time during you trip in town to get out into the great outdoors.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Denver.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I checked into the Courtyard late after a delayed flight. We stepped into a room where the two of us were literally tripping over the top of each other. There was no space! "Well, at least we're right on 16th street" we said as we opened the drapes to take in the view of our location. Nope! The window is looking directly into the hotel. So now we are in a tiny box of a room with no window to look into the world. The front desk informed us that some of the standard rooms have windows looking outside, but not many. Ok, well I will pay extra for an upgraded room with a window... there are none available. Information about the "standard room" having no outside facing windows would have been very relevant information when booking. My advice: be sure you upgrade if you want a window. Additionally, it turns out, that the room was so small because we were put into a handicap room... meaning 1/2 the space of the room was used up in the bathroom. I wondered why that space was about the same size as the sleeping area. Second piece of advice: make sure you aren't pushed into a handicap room. We stayed only that one night and immediately the next morning checked into the Hyatt around the corner for basically the same price and an amazing room/property.

Room Tip: Be sure you upgrade if you want a window in the room and also make sure you are not put in a handica...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly B, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

One of the fun things about our property is that we are a historic building which was converted to a hotel back in the late 90's. This being said our property has a lot of personality. In the lobby and on some of the floors you can still see the original tin ceiling from the 1930's Joslins Department Store. Some of the rooms have large windows and high ceilings, while others look out over the 16th Mall, and others look out into an ally or inside to the atrium. If you want to guarantee a room with a view we recommend reserving one of our City View room which looks out over 16th street.. Otherwise you are always welcome to call us the day of your arrival and request a room with a view. With will do our best to accommodate your request but please remember that it is all based upon availability.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights and could not have had a better location. The location on 16th street makes everything within walking distance. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. We used the free shuttle bus once along 16th street but really just enjoyed walking and exploring.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces 16th street
Green Features: very environmentally friendly we opted to not have the towels replaced everyday and instead earn more reward points!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Here are the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown we have a variety of room types. If you are wanting a room that has a view of the 16th Street Mall then we recommend you book one of our City View rooms. We also have some wonderful Presidential Suites which are located on the 6th floor, have a spectacular view of the Denver skyline, and have a balcony.

If you are looking for a great place to spend the weekend and explore the city then we are the perfect hotel for you. Please visit our website at Marriott.com/dencd to find out more about our different room types as well as our wonderful room packages.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this very convenient location that is located on the 16th St. Mall. That put us in the middle of downtown and the free shuttle. We had originally booked Marriott City Center that was a few blocks away but changed the reservation after discovering that a minifridge and microwave were non-amenities. We decided to check out this hotel - a smaller courtyard with 20 ft ceilings and lovely rooms. Best of all the front desk - Britt- arranged to have our Marriitt points and change the reservation without a hitch. The service continued to be helpful and courteous in handling our requests. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly B, Front desk Supervisor at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so please that your stay with us was enjoyable. I will make sure to pass your kind words along to Brit.

Here at the Courtyard Denver Downtown we take great pride in our ability to provide our guests guests with a full service experience despite the fact that we are a select service brand. This can be seen in the way that our staff will go above and beyond to make sure that all of the needs of our guests are taken care. It is wonderful to hear that Brit was so accommodating and that he was able to get your reservation switch over to us without any problems. He is a terrific asset to our team and to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we will see you the next time you are in Denver.
Babylon, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Earlier this month I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Denver. What a fantastic hotel! I never write reviews, but the staff at this location deserved a "shout-out!" I am a Marriott Rewards Member and stay at hotels 1 - 4 times a month, preferably Marriott. My experiences are always pleasant, but this location wins. Forrest, Nathan, and Jennifer all exceeded my expectations. They greeted me daily by name. I commented to my business colleague about how shocked I was they remembered my last name, and he didn't believe me. He was staying there as well and when we walked in following our convention, we both got greeted by name. He was very shocked and pleasantly surprised. They went above and beyond to make my experience a memorable one.
The location of the property is perfectly situated on 16th Street which is convenient for eating and walking to the convention center.
I had room service one night and the food was delivered very quickly and was delicious! I was talking about it all trip, as well as my colleague who had the same experience.
Thanks again for a great experience!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review of hotel and our staff. I will make sure to pass along your comments to Forrest, Nathan, and Jen. Here at the Courtyard Denver Downtown we do our utmost to provide our guests with an exceptional hotel experience and we are so delighted that our team was able to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Denver.