“From a Meeting Planner Perspective”

Courtyard Denver Downtown
Ranked #58 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

As a meeting planner, I have worked with many hotels all over the world. I have had big and small clients with big and small events. This was a smaller meeting, however I never got that impression from the hotel staff. The service was some of the best I have ever experienced. Better than some of the bigger hotels I have used! To say they went above and beyond is putting it mildly. I was a bit concerned to learn that the F/B was actually supervised by the adjacent Rialto Cafe Restaurant. My concerns were quickly put to rest as they and the hotel worked together to provide an absolutely magnificent experience for my attendees. I would absolutely reccommend this property to any one looking to place a meeting or for just a great place in downtown Denver to kick back and relax.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kelly B, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Keith,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It truly was a pleasure serving you while you were with us a few weeks back. We appreciate your kinds words and I will make sure to pass on to the staff how pleased you were with our service.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Denver.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Denver Downtown

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Jennifer, Nathan Forest, THREE Service Tech's. and a couple others who's names I don't recall. Whatever these associates are drinking, bottle it and send it out to anyone who wants to train their staff in customer service.

ALL the staff I encountered in my four day stay were incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and efficient. It's rare you encounter a team that exhibits such professionalism - CONSISTENTLY.

If you are looking for a convenient location, reasonable price (debatable, but the staff made the price inconsequential) and great customer service, this Courtyard is one to seriously consider!

Even the tech guys were great. YUP - I met three of them when my A/C Condensate backed up and set off the fire alarm. These guys were so apologetic and helpful. BUT, like a doctor in the examining room - they should NEVER say to each other 'OH NO" because it freaks out the patient! Even these guys were courteous and knowledgeable and efficient. They did what they said they'd do when they said they would do it.

This is where I'm staying whenever I'm in Denver!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably fine. I stayed on the second floor which was very convenient as I...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kelly B, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Jim.....I am speechless. Your kind words about our staff means so much to all of us. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown we do our utmost to provide our guests with exceptional service. I am so delighted that our team was able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure to pass your review along to Nathan, Forrest, and Jen as well as the rest of our team. We truly appreciate your wonderful affirmation.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Denver to honor her for graduating. The entire visit was flawless and exceeded my expectations. I'm a Life Time Marriott Platinum Premiere member and have stayed at numerous Marriott brand hotels, including the Courtyard brand. I can say this location in Denver far exceeds the norm for Courtyard Hotels. The rooms were very spacious and more than accommodating. Every level of staff I encountered was exceptional. The beds were extremely comfortable and were a nice place to settle down after long days hiking. The location is fantastic with access directly on the 16th street mall and close proximity to top restaurants and shopping. The hotel management is the best. They partnered with me to make this visit a memorable one and I can honestly say, they exceeded my expectations. My family is returning to Denver in July for a family get-away and I'm pleased we now have a 2nd home away from home...The Courtyard Marriot Denver.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 235ericks

Dear Erick,

We are so delighted that your daughter enjoyed her graduation celebration. Everyone here had an absolute blast preparing for your arrival.

Here are the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown we strive to provide our guests with a personalized stay that has them leaving dreaming about when they will be able to return next. We are so delighted that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you when you come back with the rest of your family in July.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I came to town for a wedding and stayed at the Marriot Courtyard for four nights. Others from the wedding stayed at the Sheraton which was much larger and crowded. I liked the quiet pace of the Marriot. We had breakfast next door each morning and service was great there as well. The staff at the desk helped us with numerous questions and two different day trips to Estes Park and Red Rock. We walked up and down 16th and enjoyed people watching but the mountains, rocks and water were much nicer.
Great coffee was ready for guests each morning and the health club was never busy and a great way to start the day. (after coffee)
I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to town!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that your time with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown was enjoyable.

I am so glad the you got the chance to get out and experience Colorado while you were here. Red Rocks and Rocky Mountain National Forrest are two gems that all visitors to Colorado must experience. It is good to know that you were able to find time during you trip in town to get out into the great outdoors.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I checked into the Courtyard late after a delayed flight. We stepped into a room where the two of us were literally tripping over the top of each other. There was no space! "Well, at least we're right on 16th street" we said as we opened the drapes to take in the view of our location. Nope! The window is looking directly into the hotel. So now we are in a tiny box of a room with no window to look into the world. The front desk informed us that some of the standard rooms have windows looking outside, but not many. Ok, well I will pay extra for an upgraded room with a window... there are none available. Information about the "standard room" having no outside facing windows would have been very relevant information when booking. My advice: be sure you upgrade if you want a window. Additionally, it turns out, that the room was so small because we were put into a handicap room... meaning 1/2 the space of the room was used up in the bathroom. I wondered why that space was about the same size as the sleeping area. Second piece of advice: make sure you aren't pushed into a handicap room. We stayed only that one night and immediately the next morning checked into the Hyatt around the corner for basically the same price and an amazing room/property.

Room Tip: Be sure you upgrade if you want a window in the room and also make sure you are not put in a handica...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly B, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

One of the fun things about our property is that we are a historic building which was converted to a hotel back in the late 90's. This being said our property has a lot of personality. In the lobby and on some of the floors you can still see the original tin ceiling from the 1930's Joslins Department Store. Some of the rooms have large windows and high ceilings, while others look out over the 16th Mall, and others look out into an ally or inside to the atrium. If you want to guarantee a room with a view we recommend reserving one of our City View room which looks out over 16th street.. Otherwise you are always welcome to call us the day of your arrival and request a room with a view. With will do our best to accommodate your request but please remember that it is all based upon availability.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights and could not have had a better location. The location on 16th street makes everything within walking distance. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. We used the free shuttle bus once along 16th street but really just enjoyed walking and exploring.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces 16th street
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Here are the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown we have a variety of room types. If you are wanting a room that has a view of the 16th Street Mall then we recommend you book one of our City View rooms. We also have some wonderful Presidential Suites which are located on the 6th floor, have a spectacular view of the Denver skyline, and have a balcony.

If you are looking for a great place to spend the weekend and explore the city then we are the perfect hotel for you. Please visit our website at Marriott.com/dencd to find out more about our different room types as well as our wonderful room packages.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this very convenient location that is located on the 16th St. Mall. That put us in the middle of downtown and the free shuttle. We had originally booked Marriott City Center that was a few blocks away but changed the reservation after discovering that a minifridge and microwave were non-amenities. We decided to check out this hotel - a smaller courtyard with 20 ft ceilings and lovely rooms. Best of all the front desk - Britt- arranged to have our Marriitt points and change the reservation without a hitch. The service continued to be helpful and courteous in handling our requests. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly B, Front desk Supervisor at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so please that your stay with us was enjoyable. I will make sure to pass your kind words along to Brit.

Here at the Courtyard Denver Downtown we take great pride in our ability to provide our guests guests with a full service experience despite the fact that we are a select service brand. This can be seen in the way that our staff will go above and beyond to make sure that all of the needs of our guests are taken care. It is wonderful to hear that Brit was so accommodating and that he was able to get your reservation switch over to us without any problems. He is a terrific asset to our team and to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we will see you the next time you are in Denver.