“Great Hotel”

Ranked #69 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My stay at the Residents Inn was amazing! The staff was very welcoming and even allowed me a early check in. I felt like I was at a home away from home. I also enjoyed the downtown view and the amazing selection they offered for breakfast. I do wish that they offered a pool,you would think they would offer one like most hotels do, but I guess the Courtyard spa made up for that. But I rate this place an A+. ;)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Paige913,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to share your experience with everyone! Receiving an A+ rating is something our entire staff can be proud of. We can not wait to see you the next time you are in the area!

Casey and the entire Residence Inn Denver Downtown Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Nothing bad to say. Friendly and attentive staff, a free shuttle to the surrounding area, great neighborhood, good access to the highway, etc. It's a 1.5 mile walk to downtown through a small designated historic area, past the river where people sunbathe and kids swim (not recommended in the winter) and the REI flagship store which is right on the river with a massive Starbucks store. Really great restaurants and pubs nearby, and if walking isn't your thing, the hotel shuttle is convenient and extremely quick and responsive. The other hotel amenities, including the workout room, and a full breakfast are hard to beat. I've stayed there twice and if the opportunity presents itself again, I would do it without thinking twice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chrismartinimagery
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
chrismartinimagery,
We are so happy that you chose our hotel to be your first review on Trip Advisor!!! We are so glad to hear that you took advantage of our location and great local neighborhood. We love that you continue to choose us as your home base while visiting Denver and cannot wait to see you again. Please let us know if there is ever anything that you need from us.

Until next time, thank you so much for choosing our hotel!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Enjoyed 10 day stay at the place. All the courtesy van drivers were amazing. Free Breakfast was superb value. All the people I met at the front desk were awesome. Only thing is that they missed one of my alarm calls and they didn't communicate to the service when I had reported a problem in bathroom. I had to call again the next day for the service. Other than that the people, room and service were amazing ..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Surya R,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with us here at the Residence Inn Denver Downtown. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff did a good job during your stay. I do apologize about the missed wakeup call and the problem that you had in your bathroom. We take all guest issues very seriously and have completed an inspection of your guest suite to prevent any further issues. We sure hope that you made it back to beautiful Seattle safely.

See you next time,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Currently staying here as my boyfriend and I are in between apartments. As we live in downtown Denver we couldn't be happier about the location as it's close to all the restaurants and bars we like in LoHi, LoDo and downtown. I take the shuttle to and from work every morning which is great, and we stop by the free Happy Hour Monday-Wednesday to unwind with a glass of wine and FREE dinner. Breakfast is also delicious with a good variety of hot, cold, sweet and savory foods. Our suite is huge - literally bigger than our apartment - and was very clean when we checked in. Also points for a handwritten welcome note and gift bag! Super friendly and accommodating staff. The only issue is our maids didn't come every day - though I'm not sure if this is standard in an extended stay hotel or not. We may be here a couple more weeks and we certainly don't mind!

Room Tip: Penthouse loft is GREAT!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
hlfranklin,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and make us your very first review on Trip Advisor!!! We are so happy that you are enjoying your stay and that we are able to make you feel at home while you are searching for a new apartment. We know that we are a very well kept secret with our great location, large suites, and extra amenities. Please elt us know if there is anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The location, staff and rooms of the Residence Inn Denver Downtown made it a very pleasant weekend for our family visit. The vast selections of the daily breakfast were a treat, as we didn't have to bother with going to a restaurant for breakfast. The in-room kitchen was certainly handy and added to the convenience of a nice room, superb location and great pricing for our 4 day visit. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Mona S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay enough to make our hotel your first review on Trip Advisor!!! Our hotel is in a great location that continues to improve as our local neighborhood adds great restaurants, brew pubs and boutique shops. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. See you next time you are in the area!

Casey and the entire Residence Inn Team
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel is in a great location (we were in town one night to see the Rockies play before heading to the mountains) as we were in walking distance from restaurants and the ballpark. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.The bed was a little harder than I am used to, but I still had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was pretty good - the food went quick on a Sunday morning so I missed out on the biscuits (bummer). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Tanya003,
Thank you for the great review! We all appreciate you taking the time to share about your stay with us. We have a great location for all of the downtown Denver attractions, restaurants, and businesses. Hopefully you enjoyed the Rockies game and the beautiful Rocky Mountains!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver!

Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very clean and friendly property. I spent 10 days here while on a business trip, it is well located to enjoy the downtown, as well as to hop on the highways to travel.

Breakfast is nice and the room filled with families about to venture out for the day, I liked that aspect because it made me feel like I was home before venturing out on a day of business. If you do not like that environment, I would not suggest this property, but if you are like me, you will find it a lot of fun.

The rooms are very typical to a Residents Inn, clean, great kitchen, and in good repair.

Be careful if booking with a site like Expedia, we had a friend that thought he was booking here, and the hotel has an arrangement (when over booked) to roll customers into nearby property. The Ramada Inn. This property is so bad, I have to wonder how the city of Denver inspectors allow it to remain open. We checked our friend out the next morning and (due to lack of hotel space in Denver) relocated him to the Marriott Courtyard in nearby Golden, CO. If I were writing about this property, it would receive in excess 5 stars. Beautiful hotel, very business centric....

Either way, just be carful when booking, this hotel is a fun stay.

Room Tip: Family-centric environment, all rooms are great, quiet, and nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dennis S,
Thank you for the nice review. We are so happy that you and your family had a great stay with us. Our hotel is a great home base for families traveling to Denver and wanting to explore the entire Front Range. The summer season does bring a lot of families to our hotel and all of the families fill our hotel with a bunch of energy and fun. We have even had families become travel friends, after they met during our breakfast or at our pool!

I would like to speak with you about the experience that your friend had. While we do experience overbooking from time to time, we only relocate guests to comparable hotels and the local Ramada is not a hotel that we use. So please if you could contact me personally at the hotel and provide some additional information concerning this situation, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you again for the great review and for choosing the Residence Inn Denver Downtown!