“It's Got Everything You need”

Residence Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #66 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 30 October 2013

It's located close enough to everything and has enough amenities, room size and services to suit both business travelers and families...didn't have any issues problems or challenges...the staff was helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Mickey91,
Thank you for the great review! It makes us happy to hear from customers who enjoy the many features of our hotel While we are not in the city center of Denver, we have a great location in the Highlands neighborhood. Our neighborhood features some of Denver’s best restaurants and our complimentary shuttle takes you just about anywhere you need to go in town. We also offer oversized suites with a ton of other great features that our guests love. We wish you many safe and enjoyable travels.

See you next time you are in Denver!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here with our 18 and 4 year old daughters. The rooms were nice and could accommodate all of us. I wish both bathrooms had a bath and the beds could have been more comfortable, but all in all it was a great experience. The free breakfast was good, the grounds were clean, the shuttle was great to take us and pick us up. The staff were nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 bedroom on the top floor of unit #17 - we couldn't hear anyone but us!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Ocho827,
Thank you for the great review!!! We love that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed your suite! We hope to see you again the next time you are in Denver. Enjoy your travels!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a great downtown location.
But - our experience was terrible for check in.
We booked through Orbitz - which we have done many times in the past. It has never been a problem until now.
They had no record of our reservation which had been booked in August for a stay in October. The room was prepaid and I had our confirmation number with me at check in. There were probably six people behind me and only one person at the desk. She said she could not check us in and had no further advise. I immediately got on the phone with Orbitz and the credit card company. They saw no problem. We had been travelling all day - since 4 AM Eastern time and may have been a little tired. It was about 2 PM Rocky Mt time. All I wanted to know was how to solve the problem. The person at the desk just told us she could not check us in because her computer screen was frozen. What?! I saw someone else walking through the office and asked if she was a manager. She immediately took care of us and checked us into our room. The 4 day stay after that was fine. We may still be there waiting for check in if the manager had not walked through.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

summerfunOhio,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a good stay in spite of our mistake during your check in. Unfortunately we do not see a ton of Orbitz reservations and the associate working that day had not been trained on the procedures that are specific to Orbitz. I am happy to say that all of our associates are now trained on the proper procedures, so this will not be a problem for any other guests staying with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Denver.

Thank you and we wish you many safe travels,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have stayed at many residence inns but this one has been my worst hotel experience ever the front desk was rude and not welcoming at all. the worst part was that i left behind 4 shirts and when i call the day after I checked out the front desk person only asked for my phone number and said he will call back to let me know if the housekeepers found the shirts. i waited for like 45 min to call them back because they didn't return my call. when i called back the front desk said that the housekeepers didn't find anything but I'm 100 percent that i left them there so i know that they will be there. after he ask for my number again so he can call me just in case they were stored in aqnother storage bin and till this day i still haven't received a call from the hotel and i know that my shirts were left behind. i know that in all marriotts housekeepers have to write down what they find in a room but apparently this one doest and have very low Marriott standards I'm so disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jessica r
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have been twice to this hotel and find it to be a good place to stay for our needs,
a place to visit our daughter who lives in area. I would request a 2nd floor room next time as
the more recent stay was disturbed late at night by people walking around directly above us.
The more minor problem was the room's Wifi connection didn't work, even after I brought it
to desk clerk's attention, but I didn't pursue it. Complimentary breakfast is consistently good
at this hotel as all the Residence Inns we have been to. Spacious room as well as kitchenette and bathroom.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room for Denver R. Inn might be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kanolds
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Kanolds,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Denver Downtown. We are happy that youhad a great stay with us and enjoyed our lrge sutie that comes with a fully equipped kitchen. We do apologize aboutthe internet issues that you experienced, we are constanly looking to improve and the internet is one item that we are constantly investing in. We will continue to as our guests need to stay connected increases every year.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was traveling for business so the kids yelling outside fairly early wasn't my favorite but that was a minor issue. The property looks like an apartment complex which feels homier than the usual hotel. It is just outside the downtown center so out of the madness. Room was nicely decorated with lots of conveniences...the full kitchen being the best part. Loved that a shuttle is offered every hour even though I didn't end up using it. Free breakfast is great - love the waffles! Free wi-fi. They're not up on offering over-and-above service but the staff was sweet. I would definitely stay here again!! Side note: Why don't hotels have luggage scales at the front desk?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Andrea D.,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you felt at home in our recently updated suites. I do apologize that to had some noisy neighbors during your stay. We do host families due to our rooms having full kitchens and tons of room. We hope to see you the next time are you in Denver.

Safe travels,
Casey and the entire Residence Inn Downtown Team

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for 5 nights. Ended up with bottom floor room even though we had requested top floor. Too tired to switch once we drove around back to find that it was the bottom floor. I though how loud can it really be? Lol. If you are sensitive to noise you must have a top floor. It was annoying but luckily everything else about the hotel made up for it. Awesome shuttle services around downtown, adequate breakfast and evening reception was enough food to count as dinner. Also they offer free grocery delivery which was so nice!! Overall would definitely stay again on a top floor!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Sbeck001,
Thank you for your great review. I do apologize that you had some noisy neighbors above your room, we normally do not have noise complaints unless there is a large group in the second floor rooms. We are happy that you did enjoy the rest of our hotel and the great features that we have to offer to all of our guests. We hope to see you the next time you are in Denver.

Safe Travels,