“weekend stay”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #21 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Late check in Friday night went well but room was average for this type of hotel. Big disappointment was no coffee maker in the room and we had to go to the lobby for complimentary morning coffee and newspaper. Although room rate was a weekend package the bonus items were not in the room and had to request them at the front desk, twice. Valet parking is $31.00 per night. Our room was "pet free" but the hotel was overrun with very large dogs which was a bit odd even for a pet friendly hotel and there were frequent confrontations in the lobby. It did have a good location downtown but there are other better choices in downtown for this type of hotel at this price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlhelbach

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I wish I could review this hotel based on the fact that I actually stayed there, but I had to cancel twice on the very day I was suppose to arrive. One was due to illness the next time a death in the family. Both times the hotel refunded me my total amount even though I canceled on my day of arrival. To me this is great customer service and I would stay there based on that alone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janeen S
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have now stayed in three Hotels Monaco and like the others this place is FUN! Fun decor, Fun staff, reasonable prices (for a downtown hotel that is). And the Panzano restaurant is great!

Room Tip: if you are a Kimpton member you sometimes get surprise upgrades - nice!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Spent a couple of nights here in January. Great location, nice but small rooms. Breakfast is great and compliments to the chef and staff. Only complaint is the charge for wireless and a charge to use computer in business area. Parking was $30/nite.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate the review you wrote regarding your recent stay with us. From all of us here at the Hotel Monaco Denver, we sincerely thank you for the feedback.

Additionally, I encourage you to sign up for our complimentary loyalty program, Kimpton InTouch. By doing so you receive complimentary wifi, as well as a bundle of other great perks.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Any time I am in Denver, the Monaco is my first choice for accommodations. The rooms are beautifully decorated in a quirky, off-beat style that is a far cry from the typical chain hotel fare. Evening hosted wine and horsdoeuvre reception in a beautifully appointed and recently renovated lobby is a treat. Service is par excellence? (How many hotels still have doormen? The Monaco does!) Great location just off the 16th Street pedestrian mall is your gateway to tons of fabulous restaurants and terrific shopping.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hotel Monaco Denver we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

And we love our doormen just as much you do!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Just stayed one night in December but I arrived very early and they were able to give me an early check-in, which is always appreciated. The Front Desk staff was very friendly. They made a recommendation and dinner reservation at a great sushi restaurant called sushi sasa. Room was very nice, comfy bed which you always find at a Kimpton, and overall very good stay. Location was great for walking around downtown area. Will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My one and only stay at the Hotel Monaco in Denver and will be my last one. The lobby is just too bright and loud which makes for a lousy ambience. The rooms are very mediocre so please do not believe in the great picture and photo shop talent they have infused on their website. The worst part of my experience was the charges made to my credit card for the nick nacks that were served on a tray (which by the way had no indication of any cost attributed along with, who would think that they would charge $6 for a water bottle and same overpriced across the board on small airport size packets of chips/nuts etc). There is no sign whatsoever stating that you will be charged if you consume any of it, considering there is a separate cash bar which obviously needs a key and it cost to dive into that box. Parking is ridiculous for this Hotel. I understand that no parking spaces would be allotted by the hotel since it is in the middle of downtown but to charge $25 bucks for valet is just plain.

I am tired of typing here, so my suggestion is to just opt for a motel just outside downtown along with a cab ride. You would still save $100 or more. So just stay away!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TenzinJigme

Dear Valued Guest,

First off, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review and expressing the concerns you had with the Hotel Monaco. We sincerely apologize for the recent experience you had with us.

In addition, we assure you that your feedback will be treated as an opportunity for us to improve our operations and in essence, remain committed in providing a positive experience for each and every guest that walks through our doors.

Again, we appreciate the concerns you noted in regards to your recent stay and hope that you will choose the Hotel Monaco Denver the next time you decide to visit the downtown area.