“Great location”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #21 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here on a Friday night after enjoying a night out with friends. I probably should have researched parking a bit as valet is $31. Come to find out the parking garage a block away is $5 a day on weekends. I little ticked at the valet service I confronted them and they gladly gave my truck back with no charge and I parked at the garage. All the the staff had this same helpful attitude. Very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk about where your room faces. Our faced a parking garage for the hotel next door...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I celebrated his birthday this weekend, spending an evening at the Hotel Monaco in Denver. We could not have asked for a better property. The staff was so attentive, the room was beautiful and it was close to everything. We enjoyed having happy hour at Panzano right next door. Prosecco and wines for $5.00 and excellent tapa size apps between $4-6... so yummy. I also saw guests with dogs, so I'm thinking they are pet-friendly. Oh.. and the bed... the comforter, pillows and bed was amazing !!! They also have a free wine tasting at 5pm in their lobby. Great place for couples or even if I was on business I would enjoy staying there.

Room Tip: I would recommend a higher floor - better view
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Convenient in town location for a very well run hotel. Pleasant lobby and very well furnished rooms. Super clean and the rooms are very comfortable. We Stay here almost every time we visit Denver. It is our "go to" hotel and we have never been disappointed. Also, the Panzano restaurant with an entrance from the hotel lobby is excellent.

Room Tip: Third floor and above will avoid street noise but the area is not really that noisy and the rooms ar...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed in 512. Comfortable, clean, well-appointed.
Staff was courteous and efficient, from the desk clerk to the valet.
Manager's Reception featured complimentary wine and mushroom pizza.
In response to the desk clerk's inquiry we mentioned we were celebrating the wife's birthday; when we returned for the evening, we found an iced bottle of a good Spanish cava and two flutes waiting for us.
In addition to the hotel itself, another draw is its location right downtown. We walked to the Paramount Theater in about ten minutes. Check-out was a breeze and our car was ready.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a very nice sort of pedestrian "boutique" hotel. The staff is very nice but the place is usually packed especially on the weekend. Two things that I think could make or break your stay depending on your preferences...
Dogs ARE allowed and lots of people bring them. I have been to many Kimpton hotels and kids are very welcome.
There is a complimentary happy hour with a few snacks every night from 5-6 PM. Happy hour is generally crowded. If there is a large lobby it is no problem to find a place to sit. I have found in many of their locations the reception areas are quite small and there is not enough room to accommodate such a large crowd. Coo dos to Kimpton for even offering this very nice gesture.
Depending on the hotel rooms vary in size. I have found that the rooms at Hotel Monaco in Denver are pretty small and not too fancy but the bed was comfortable. No coffee maker in the room but complimentary coffee and tea are offered in the hotel lobby.
For the cost this is a nice option if you are not wanting to spend buco bucks on a hotel room but still be walking distance to pretty much everything downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Booked this hotel on Friday for a Saturday night stay. We were not disappointed.
Great atmosphere and staff was very eager to assists us. Great experience and wish
we could have stayed longer. The room was very spacious and very clean and updated.
I was very pleased for our one night stay and will stay again for a longer weekend.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This was my first stay here - my husband has stayed here many times on business. The location is excellent for exploring Downtown. The room was a good size, nicely decorated and the bed very comfortable. I didn't use any of the facilities in the hotel but the reception staff were friendly and capable, and the doormen quick to find us cabs.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business