“My idea of a great hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband stayed here for business two times (his company has company rates). My husband would send pictures of the interesting, but hip decor. There is a spa attached to the hotel that uses Aveada products, so when you walk in each time you feel like you are walking into a relaxing spa, the smell is wonderful ( if you like the eucalyptus spa smell). The staff is extremely nice and helpful from the moment I pulled up to the curb. The hotel has a food and water dish in the foyer for pups and even bikes you can use. There is a wine tasting every night for and hour with white, red wine and hot cider with or without "spirits. There is also a free chair masseuse ( tipping is appreciated) My husband ate at the hotel restaurant Panzano and really likes it and everyone we spoke to likes it too. The location of the hotel is great, right near the hopping 16th street

Room Tip: The bed was a little uncomfortable, but it could be a time change for me. I did not have time to tr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It really makes our day when we hear your positive feedback.

It sounds like you were able to enjoy our nightly wine hour from 5 PM to 6 PM. We have complimentary red and white wine, snacks from Panzano, 5 minute neck and back massages, and those tasty ciders. It is a little something for you to look forward to the next time you stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Kimpton hotels are always trendy & chic! Dog friendly as many people travel with pets now. I love the coffee in the lobby in the morning. Staff were polite friendly & helpful. Italian food inside the hotel was great. My only compliant is when check in the valet staff was were a little rude. I arrive with another person in the car. Male driver & female passenger. The windows in the rental car had no tint yet the valet staff never approached the passenger side of the car to open the door or anything. Very rude. As the lady should always be first.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldTraveler2054

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate hearing both the good and the bad from our guests' stays.

We are really happy you were able to take advantage of our award winning restaurant, Panzano. We love the food too!

As for valet, we are very sorry you had a bad encounter with them. We have addressed the issue, and you are very right, the lady should always be first!

We do hope you'll think of us the next time you are staying in Denver!

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Three of us stayed here in August and the room was spacious and comfortable. We found the location to be quite central to most of the activities we wanted to partake in while we were in the area one weekend (we live in the foothills outside of Denver) that we stayed in town. I would say it more than beats the competition for its spacious room and contemporary details and generous central lounge/meeting area. Perfect for the group to meet and decide what adventure to head off to next. Luxurious appeal with the extreme price - very comparable to surrounding name brand hotels of similar quality.

Room Tip: We had a room that was at the very end of the branch of a hallway off from the elevator. It was extr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dnv_sierravista

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We always love to hear feedback from our guests! We are also happy to hear that you really enjoyed our rooms.

We hope you'll think of us the next time your travels bring you to Denver!

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Hotel Monaco in December. Wow, we got upgraded to a suite on the top floor! Lovely! Spacious, bright and quiet (at least in the bedroom, when we sat in the living room, you could hear a lot of activity in the hallway, which was fine) and the decor was fantastic.

Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly. When our heat went out in our room, they fixed it immediately. And, the hotel restaurant has THE BEST happy hour! Not to mention, the best Bloody Mary I've ever had.

Great value, great location. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and the upgrade to one of our suites!

Don't forget to check out that happy hour at Panzano the next time you are in town! They host it each and every day from 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM.

We're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at the Monaco Denver three times last year. For my third visit, I decided to take my nephews (ages 9 & 14) for an overnight Christmas break get-a-way. This also marked my first stay as an Inner Circle member.
We were upgraded to a room with a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa bed in the sitting area; I found the room to be a bit on the small side for three people. While we did receive a welcome amenity, it did not match my inner circle preferences. I guess I expected more creativity considering I had placed in the reservation and called in advance to be sure they knew children would be occupying the room and that this trip was specifically for them as we attended Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo.
Upon preparing to pull out the sofabed, I found a stocking cap. Seeing as it did not belong to either of the boys, it clearly had been left by another guest and not picked up by housekeeping much to my dismay. There was no bedding for the sofabed in the room, so I was forced to call housekeeping for linens. I commend the housekeeper for going above and beyond by making the bed up for me. One of the boys called down for utensils and they were never sent up. He ended up going to the restaurant downstairs and picking them up himself. On this weekend before Christmas, I did not find the front desk staff to be as outgoing and friendly as I remember on past stays.
Bottom line: The Monaco Denver could stand to take some lessons from the Monaco Philadelphia!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelgirl1874
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would to take a moment to apologize for the lackluster service you received during your stay. We strive to wow all our guests, and especially our Inner Circle guests. And as this was your first stay as an Inner Circle member, I am so sorry that we missed the mark on your amenity.

I hope that you'll give us another chance to impress you. If you do come back, please let me know in advance so I can personally roll out the red carpet for you, so to speak.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to reach out to me at Lauren.Cox@hotelmonaco.com or 303-294-3014.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My friend and I shared a room for 5 days, it was clean and we didn't have any problems with the place other than low shower pressure, we asked them to fix it but it didn't change anything. The shower fixture was old and they should have replaced it as it didn't work very well.

Room Tip: make sure to check out the water pressure before unpacking!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry to hear that you had problems with you shower. I assure you this is something we will look into and take very seriously.

We hope you'll give us another chance when you travels bring you to Denver, and are looking forward to go above and beyond upon your next visit.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is great. The location is terrific, and I always leave with the feeling that the staff has tried to go the extra mile at each request. All in all, a top Denver hotel. Not the tops in luxury, but very high end and nice, and an enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We strive to be the best we can, and we love to hear feedback from all our guests.

We hope you'll business travels will continue to bring you our way, and each time we will go that extra mile to take care of you.