“Hotel Monaco is always wonderful!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #19 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I can't imagine ever having a complaint with the Monaco. Every time I stay here, no matter what city, it's always close to perfect. I stayed in a Mediterranean suite. I would suggest looking at the hotel website to see the different room options. I chose this room for the size, 675 square feet and I like corner rooms. However, if their "premier guest room" would have been available, I would have chose it: It is 850 square feet. No separate living space and not in the corner...but probably less expensive. Again, it's all about personal preference.
Also I would note the lack of dining/bar/lounge options (within close proximity). I traveled in winter, and it was freezing. Walking a couple blocks when it's 20 degrees outside is not fun. I ate at their restaurant, and it was good. Great happy hour specials! But I would have preferred more restaurant options on the block.
As far as traffic noise, I heard none. I think this hotel has only 7 floors, and I was on the 6th. Traffic was nonexistent anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much. (I stayed on a Friday night.) Catching a cab is easy. The bellhop does that for you, and you can stay inside the lobby if it's cold outside.
At check in, my room was not ready. It actually wasn't ready until about 3:00. I realize check in time at most hotels isn't until about 3:00, but I have never had to wait if I arrive early. I imagine this was because of the room I booked. Probably not too many? Another reason to always keep in mind your room choice and your time of arrival.
The room itself was great...but cold. The windows were old and ceilings were very high, giving the hotel a lot of charm, but at the same time making it difficult to keep warm. I just cranked the heater up as high as it would go, and it was fine after awhile.
Staff was great. No problems at all. Other guests were friendly as well.
I guess this might sound like a negative review, but really it's not. I just like to point out the things I would like to know about a hotel, instead of too personal of an opinion.
I would definitely stay here again, and I would certainly recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Room size vary quite a bit. Look at the hotel website for more details on rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We really enjoy hearing back from our guests.

We are sorry to hear about the hiccups you encountered during your stay, but we are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you'll come and see us the next time your travels bring you to the Denver area!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Room is pretty nice. They charge you for EVERYTHING!!! There is no coffee in the room, $12.50 a day (per computer) for wifi, $33 per day for valet parking!! Yikes!! I've had better amenities in Manhattan! Also, FYI, forget about the restaurant here at the hotel -- Panzano's. Mediocre.

PS. We have been here for 3 hours and that's what we have figured out so far...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was a disappointing experience.

If you do decide to visit us in the future, we would be more than happy to provide you with a coffeemaker, as they are available upon request here. We also encourage our guests to sign up for Kimpton InTouch, our free guest loyalty program, to receive complimentary internet access for as many devices as needed, as well as receive a $10 credit to use towards your minibar or restaurant bar.

Once more, I apologize that our hotel amenities were not properly explained to you, and hope you will keep Kimpton Hotels in mind through out your travels.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Thank you Hotel Monaco for taking such great care of us. We were warmly welcomed and treated as if were were the only couple staying. The hotel was very busy, but comfortable, clean, and our room was so quiet. Speaking of the room... Our room was gorgeous. I can't tell you how well we were taken care of. The hotel is centrally located which was great for all of our adventures in downtown Denver. We also took the complementary bikes for a ride along the river and up to a brewery. Everything was magical. Our experience was like something out of a movie. The restaurant was fabulous. Such great service, excellent food! We will be back to both!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review about your time with us. We greatly appreciate hearing feedback from our guests.

It sounds like you really had a great time staying with us, and we are so glad that you felt the magic here at Hotel Monaco.

We hope you'll come back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I find Hotel Monaco to be the most beautiful and well run chain of boutique hotels. I've stayed at the Seattle and San Francisco Hotels, however, this is my first time at the Denver hotel. Each is unique, but they all share in common Incomparable dining, unusually efficient and courteous service, with remarkable attention to detail and a design palette that shouldn't work, but does. If you like, be sure to ask for a goldfish. (In a bowl.)

The Denver Monaco is pet friendly and perfectly located in Denver's vibrant downtown. This is a boom town. I went to college here, and this is a completely differrent city from the Denver I had known. The Denver Performing Arts Center, Coors Field and the Convention center are all within walking distance.

At the Monaco From 5-6PM complimentary wine is served in the spacious lobby. The award winning restaurant, Panzano has the best happy hours. Six dollar specialty cocktails (my Manhattan was atypical in a very good way.) You can order small portions off the menu at great prices. I made a meal of my tapas.

The hotel is the pinnacle of first class without the stuffiness of a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. The Mediterranean Suite is over 700 square feet, and yet it feels cozy and intimate. The bead is heavenly. Before booking join Klimpton Rewards. It's free and comes with great perks and specials along with preferred status. It's a win win.

One caveat. Parking is not included and very expensive.

I could ramble on, but some experiences need to be experienced. Give it a try. If you find that it's not your cup of tea, my guess is they will graciously help you find a place that's suitable for your needs.

Room Tip: This hotel is in downtown Denver. There was a time when no one went downtown. It was seedy. Now it...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We really love hearing back from our guests!

It sounds to me like you really enjoyed your time with us! We're so happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the fun perks we have at Hotel Monaco, including our nightly wine hour. We hope you'll be able to partake in it the next time you are with us too!

Please think of us the next time your travels bring you to the Mile High City!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We are currently staying at the Kimpton in Denver and are very happy we chose it. Every staff member has been great. The hotel lobby is cozy, has a long bar-style table for using laptops/tablets and a fireplace that is nice to sit next to after trudging through snow.

There is coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the morning and a wine tasting in the afternoon.

The room we have is spacious. I think the bed and pillows are just okay though.

The only thing that I want to point out that don't bother me but may not sit well with others is that the doors/walls are pretty thin. You can hear doors shut, and sometimes just when you walk by a room, you can hear conversations.

The business center is lacking (I this basically a small cubicle space to the left of the front desk). We used it to print something. Otherwise, we used the in-room Wi-Fi (free if you're an In Touch member).

Overall, though, this hotel is A+. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We really look forward to hearing back from our guests.

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are glad you were able to defrost next to our warm fireplace and stay cozy in our lobby!

We hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel Christmas week and it was a wonderful experience! Our hotel room was large and comfortable (the only thing that could be updated are the tvs - not the best but they are flat screens) with everything provided for a comfortable stay! The hotel staff is outstanding - particularly during a week that had to be difficult to be at work providing service to guests rather than being off celebrating! The hotel lobby/great room is such a pleasant and comfortable room where coffee is served in the morning and a whine hour is scheduled in the evening! The evening social was a fun time to meet other guests - a very friendly environment but not overdone! Connected to the hotel is a first-class restaurant that offers outstanding breakfasts as well as lunch, happy hour and dinner! The doormen/valet staff provided exceptional service - always friendly and knew just how to assist as we arrived and departed each day! The location seemed to be convenient downtown location for us! Can't say enough good things about Hotel Monaco! We'll definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We just chose the least expensive room and it was great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers!

We're so happy to hear you were able to enjoy many of the fun perks at our hotel, including our nightly wine hour from 5-6 PM. We hope to see you at one again soon!

We hope you'll think of us the next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

1st time to visit Denver. Read the reviews of this hotel, looked good! Trust me this place is great!! The staff go out of their way to make your stay perfect!!! Awesome location, great food, great bar!! I've had a very happy New Years!! Also, it's pet friendly, so no one gets left behind!!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We really appreciate hearing from our guests!

It sounds like you rang in the New Year with a great stay with us, and we hope you'll come back to hang out again. Maybe even bring a four-legged travel companion too!

We hope to see you soon!