“Love This Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Parker, Colorado
“Love This Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We like this place so much, I am actually writing a review while we are still here. We stayed here years ago, and I remember that we liked it, but I had forgotten how much we liked it. The rooms are great, beds comfy and we love the high ceilings, but the staff and customer service is what we like the most. Everyone has been fantastic and so friendly. Paul, the concierge, has especially gone out of his way to do several things for us. This place is very dog friendly. Dogs aren't just tolerated, they are welcomed very warmly. Even though we haven't checked out yet, we can't wait until our next visit. The restaurant, Panzano, is awesome. The flavors of everything we have tried so far are simply amazing. The location is also great. It is right in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator and loved it. We didn't hear any noise from people coming and g...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review about your time with us. We love that you wrote it while you were still here too!

We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! We think our team here is pretty great too, and Panzano is definitely a very tasty restaurant!

We can't wait to have you back with us!

Assistant Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I love staying at the Monaco hotels and would rate them all as 5 star. Well located, great staff, clean, nice decor, and excellent restaurants. The one and only beef I have with the hotels is the way they make the beds. They are a lot better to look at than sleep in.

The beds appear perfectly made, clean, and crisp ... until it's time to get in one for the night, where upon you must pull out the cover from between the mattresses along with all the sheets, (which are not fitted by the way). After remaking the bed you find out an hour or two into the night that the bottom sheet is too short and begins to ride up into a wrinkly and disturbing mess around your feet, thus making for a less than relaxing sleep experience.

I have written reviews and sent letters to customer service, but to no avail. Still and all I love the hotels, so I will suffer on through sleepless nights, but I will never give up the fight for bed perfection.

Cheue

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cheue444
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We really appreciate hearing from our guests.

I apologize for your frustrations with the bedding. We are currently looking at different options to alleviate the problem you have mentioned. Our hope is that this will not be an issue during your next stay with us.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My wife booked us a room after our flight was cancelled but it was worth a cancelled flight just to see this place. Our room must have had 30 foot ceilings. The furniture is all stylish and unique in the rooms and in the lobby and common areas. Even the curtains were awesome and I am a man who doesn't even notice these kind of things. :)

I am a huge Kimpton fan already but this place only reaffirmed how awesome Kimpton hotels are. This place will make you want to miss all of your flights.

Room Tip: No balcony's. Sorry. :(
Green Features: I love when a hotel is green. Not only is it good for the environment but it also keeps the towels and sheets soft and nice. :)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your time with us! We love hearing from our guests!

We are so happy to hear that what could have been a very bad situation, actually turned out to be a very fun night with us! We hope you'll be able to come stay with us again soon, and hopefully it will be a planned excursion!

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Wonderful surprise in downtown Denver! I hadn't tried a klimpton hotel before and the Hotel Monaco was an excellent choice for us. Gorgeous lobby where they hold a wine reception in front of the fireplace in the evenings. We stayed in a Monte Carlo suite and were not disappointed. Spotless and classy just as we had hoped. Bed was a little firm for our taste so keep that in mind. A memory foam topper would be a great addition! Quirky, fun decorating throughout the hotel adds a youthful feel. Best asset is the spectacular attached restaurant, Panzano! It is not to be missed! The eggs Benedict from their room service option was the best I've ever eaten... And it was ROOM SERVICE! Dining in offers a happy hour with small plates from their regular menu giving you the chance to try it all. Our waitress during our stay was Neely and she was knowledgable, friendly and made our two evenings a joy. They have a creative, interesting menu that makes it hard to choose a favorite but dining there during your stay at Hotel Monaco is not optional and was a huge part of our enjoyment of our stay! Chef was voted Best Chef in Denver 2013!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review about your stay with us. We are so happy to hear your enjoyed it!

We agree that Panzano is great, and we will make sure to pass on the praise to Nealy! Chef Elise Wiggins does some wonderful stuff in there, so we are glad you were able to indulge!

We can't wait to have you back with us!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at this Kimpton property for work. I love Kimpton properties and all the little perks they offer, and had high expectations; therefore, I give 3 stars because the hotel just didn't meet many of them.

I'll start with the good (in addition to the normal great Kimpton things, like friendly service, good gyms and free happy hour):
1) Location is great, I walked almost everywhere. It is very "downtowny" so if you're looking for a cooler, more homey neighborhood then probably stay elsewhere. But if you're looking for great access to some good restaurants and the 16th st mall, this is good.
2) Room service was excellent and very fast. It comes from Panzano, the restaurant downstairs, and it tasted fresh and delicious.
3) I was "upgraded" to a room with two queens, even though I was only one person. I find this awkward, but I was grateful for the space because the room was very big.

Now the not so good (especially for business travelers):
1) The Kimpton boasts being able to supply you with items you've forgotten, including phone chargers. Of course, I forgot ALL my chargers this trip, so I asked if they had any iphone chargers. They had none and they said they don't really give them out because people take them. Well then, don't advertise that you offer them! When I asked if there was an ipod dock in the room, I was told no (ps, there are docks in every room, suitable for models pre-5). I couldn't quite believe that they seriously had NO iphone 4 or 5 chargers, OR blackberry chargers (for my kindle) in the hotel, including lost and found.
2) The internet in the room was TERRIBLE. I understand it was free (for inTouch members) but if you are trying to cater to business customers, you need to have wifi that works. I was expecting to be able to work from my hotel in the evenings, and that turned out to be impossible. When I asked, they mentioned they were having internet issues that day, but it was a regular occurrence. Also, at no fault to the Kimpton but just an FYI, AT&T has TERRIBLE service in the hotel - basically nonexistent.
3) In order to print something, you need to use their business center where you will be charged for both internet usage and per page. I totally understand charging per page, but if you are offering free wifi to Kimpton members, why are you charging for use of the internet in the business center to those same members?? The girl at the front desk semi-reluctantly printed my one page for me "as a one time courtesy". But they should revisit this policy.

All in all, I still like Kimptons, but would probably stay elsewhere if I find myself back in Denver.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your time with us. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

I apologize for the issues your encountered during your stay. We do have chargers available for our guests on a first come first serve basis, and I'm sorry that we didn't have any available at the time you asked. Also, we are always happy to help our guests print items, so I'm sorry that it came across as an inconvenience to whomever assisted you. I will follow up with our staff to make sure everyone is on the same page.

We do hope you will give us another chance the next time your business travels bring you into the Denver area.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel - rooms are nice, wine at cocktail hour, great downtown location, etc. Front desk staff is friendly but not familiar with area - didn't correctly estimate time or distance of two destinations. Rooms and parking are expensive. Free wifi requires registering online for Kimpton loyalty program - takes too long and requires too many steps. I didn't do it correctly so I had to go to front desk to get a code. (Would have been nice to receive it during check-in.)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BarbaraP101
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you had a few disappointments with us.

We always encourage our guests to sign up for Kimpton InTouch, not only for the complimentary wifi, but also for the customized stay experience you receive anytime you stay with us. It allows us to know things from what type of pillow you like, to which newspaper you prefer to read. I apologize that the process felt lengthy to you.

We also continue to make sure our staff is comfortable with the area, so I'm sorry that a distance was incorrectly quoted to you.

We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you are in the Denver area.

Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We go to Portland, OR frequently and always stay at the Monaco. We love the hotel itself, but the service there is amazing. It's why we stay there. We've stayed in Monacos in a few other cities and are always pleased. Last weekend we stayed in the one in Denver. As usual it was clean, comfortable, roomy, well-located, quiet and all the things we love about the Monaco hotels. The service there was a bit wanting, however. We originally booked two weekends in a row because we were not sure which weekend we would be there. They assured us we could cancel one of the weekends when we knew our plans. We later called and canceled the first weekend (about a month in advance of the date), but made sure they held on to the reservation for the second weekend, saying we were definitely coming. A few days before we left, I looked at our credit card statement on line, and saw that they had charged us $150 for a "no-show" on the weekend that we had canceled! I called and complained, and they said they would reverse the charge. They didn't seem very sorry about the inconvenience and offered no compensation.

So, we arrived in Denver last weekend, went to the hotel, and found that we did NOT have any reservation at all, even though I had clearly stated that we were definitely keeping the reservation on the second weekend. Fortunately, they did have a room anyway, but were rather blase about the whole thing and not apologetic as if this kind of thing happens all the time. What if they had been booked up?

The rest of our stay was fine. We checked out three days later, got the bill and everything looked ok. They asked if we had taken anything from the mini bar and we said no. (We never touch mini bars). Then after we got home, I looked at our credit card statement on line, and saw an additional charge of $7! I would usually shrug it off, but after all the hassle with the reservations, I wanted to find out why they did this. I called and was told we'd taken a bag of almonds from the mini bar. I said we'd done no such thing, and they said they'd reverse the charge. Just one more dumb little annoying thing. When you stay at Monacos, all this stuff is SO unexpected! Too bad for the Denver Monaco.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing both the good and the bad from our guests.

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. You are correct when you say these are things not expected at the Hotel Monaco.

Occasionally we do have mix ups with mini bar postings as it is a manual system, but we continue to take strides to make sure this does not happen.

We hope you'll give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to Denver.