“One of the finest hotels in Denver, with the BEST SERVICE!!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

From the wonderfully warm reception, to the comfortable....large....and beautiful guest room, this KIMPTON ROCKS!

The lobby is warm and wonderful, and right now....i dont want to leave my room (404). I am just too comfy here.

I am growing to love Kimpton Hotels, but some just really go above and beyond. The Denver Monaco is one of those hotels.

After checking in, i left the room for a bit and returned to find a goldfish had been delivered to my room to keep my company. Cute touch.

As an In Touch member, an amenity was delivered to my room that was INCREDIBLE! The drinks i requested were there, and so much more. Its a beautiful presentation, and probably the nicest such amenity i have ever received from any other Kimpton, Hyatt, Marriott or other.

THANK YOU, HOTEL MONACO! You made a rather boring weekend business trip more comfortable than i expected. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: This whole hotel appears to be pretty fantastic! My room (404) is a corner suite, and it is BEAUTIF...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hi JamesE339!

We LOVE Inner Circle guests like you, that make OUR experience so great! Thanks for staying with us an checking out our Denver property! See you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The room I stayed in was very well appointed, spacious and spotless. I was new to the Monaco and would stay there again! The service was very helpful and the conference spaces and dining areas were very accommodating. The location near 16th street was great for my purposes.

Stayed: May 2013

Hello Annemarie727,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a nice review! We are so glad that Hotel Monaco Denver complimented your needs while downtown. See you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have stayed at Kimpton properties in several US cities, and we have enjoyed those experiences because of the customer-centered ethos of the brand. Pretty much whatever we need, they make it happen. This stay at the Hotel Monaco at the corner of 17th and Champa in the LoDo District of downtown Denver did not disappoint. Illness delayed our arrival by two days; instead of Saturday evening, we arrived very early Monday morning. Because hotel staff (especially Melissa) had worked with us throughout the delay, our room was ready when we arrived at 9 a.m. on Monday morning, so we could dump bags, wash our faces and head off to the 16th Street Mall and the museums.
Our room was a Monte Carlo Suite on the second floor right above the entrance awning on Champa. No street (or any other) noise bothered us; we slept like logs all three nights. This property has been renovated recently, so paint and other finishes are very fresh and pretty. Be sure to notice the ceiling in the lobby. As usual, Kimpton just doesn’t get nightstands, so there are no drawers or shelves for nighttime stuff. Otherwise, storage was fine: plenty of hangars in a closet near the bathroom, and one generous (four drawer) chest in the bedroom. The outlets behind the bed are inaccessible, but there is one outlet in the base of the lamp on each side of the bed. Our bed was very comfortable. The curtains that divide the bedroom and sitting area actually work to seal off light and noise, so one person can sleep while another is reading or working or watching tv in the sitting area. The bathroom was immaculate. The bathtub takes forever to fill.
As if the daily wine hour (5-6) was not enough, this Kimpton offers complimentary snacks from the award winning Panzano’s restaurant on the property and complimentary shoulder-neck chair massages from an accredited massage therapist. The wine, the snacks and the massage in a really lovely space (don’t forget to notice the lobby ceiling) make for some very mellow interactions with other guests if that’s what you want. There is no coffee-maker in the room, so complimentary coffee in the lobby starting at 6:30 a.m. is also appreciated. The spa in the lobby is actually a full service Aveda salon offering Aveda hair, nail, skin and massage services. Since it was snowing on Tuesday afternoon, the ability to walk down to the lobby for a really good pedicure and foot massage 9thanks, Christina) and then walk back up to my room without encountering snow was a real gift. From check-in to check-out, our interaction with all hotel staff (front desk, concierge, doormen, housekeeping) reinforced our understanding of Kimpton as professional and welcoming. They gave us good info about restaurants, museums and breakfast tacos, and they helped us rent a car for the day to drive into the mountains. As usual, whatever we needed, they made it happen. Including our goldfish named Goldie. Who knew that saying hello to the fish after a day on the town would add so much to a vacation? We had a great trip. Thanks, Kimpton.

Room Tip: Because the building is old, every room is different. Ask about windows before you select a room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel427
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Hi Mel427,

Goldie misses you too! It was truly a pleasure having you and your wife here with us. I am glad that I helped make your arrival as smooth as possible, under your travel circumstances. Thank you again for staying with us and sending us a fantastic review. Look forward to seeing you both again!

Love, Melissa & Goldie

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel overnight and initially my wife and I weren't impressed. The hotel room had little bugs flying around the room, the guy in room next to us was on phone for at least a hour and we could hear every word. Also called the restaurant Pazano's, which is in hotel, for food to go, and the guy who took call was very rude, hung up on me after he took my order, but did not have my name nor did he give me length of time of when food would be ready. I asked if I could have a couple of waters to go and he states "we dont do that," and I'm thinking really, you're a freaking restaurant. I called back and spoke to someone much more accommodating. At this point I'm starting to get pissed off. My wife and I go down to pick up food and spoke with Melissa at front desk. Melissa is awesome, prior to speaking to her I would have gone off and left hotel. Melissa apologized, upgrade for free to suite and comped bottle of wine. Melissa saved the day, she is awesome. We had a great nights sleep and the hotel is pretty unique, very nicely decorated, and once we were in new room, it was clean, had a great bottle of free wine and the Pazano's was great. Would stay at again for sure, and if have any issues talk to Melissa, she rocks!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan N
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hello Jonathan N,

Thank you so much for writing a review for us! I am so glad that we were able to turn your experience around! At the same time, I am sorry again for your first impressions. It was so great meeting you and your wife. We look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were attending an event at the Ritz and wanted to stay close by at a reasonable cost. Hotel Monaco was perfect for us- easy to find, secure parking, and free wifi. We arrived early (2pm) and were able to get our room right away. The staff was very friendly. The decor of the room was nice (loved the modern-traditional combo). The sheets, towels, extra pillows, and robes were all great.

The original double-hung windows are intact and a second pane is on the inside, so the room is warm and quiet. It was nice that the original windows were saved. We also grabbed a late lunch at the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised that the food was so good. The morning coffee in the lobby was better than average too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi BusyMomof4,

We are so excited that you had a chance to try us out, although your meetings were at the Ritz. We take pride in the historic charm of the Monaco, so thank you for loving it too! We really hope you stay with us again, whenever you are visiting Denver!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I like to spend a long weekend in Denver at least once a month and I decided to forgo my normal hotel accommodations to try Hotel Monaco. I am so happy I did! I had a great time and loved the look and feel of the place. This hotel is pet friendly with absolutely no added charge, they have dog food and treats waiting for them at the hotel entrance. They also provide bikes if you feel like a little impromptu bike tour around the city.

The rooms felt extremely clean and I like the layout, the view was not the best. I overslept one morning because they have completely sun proof curtains. The rooms do not come with a coffee machine, so you will need to ask for one upon arrival. They do have a coffee/tea social in the morning from 6am – 10am. They have a wine social as well in the evening. I believe this is similar to most Kimpton Hotels.

Tips: This place just goes a little above and beyond, I have stayed in many hotels in the Denver area and this will always be my first pic. Remember to ask for the coffee Machine and if you have kiddos or feeling young yourself, ask for your own fishbowl. The location is great, attached to a very good restaurant! 16 st mall is one block away. If you want to watch a game, mma fight, sports of any kind, make sure to try the new Xtreme Action MMA sports bar and grill!! Food was great, prices even better! Plus the atmosphere was just fun and exciting! It is located on the second floor overlooking the 16th st mall!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sha D
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hi Sha D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a great review.

I got chills when I read that we are now your first pic in Denver. How awesome! If you are not already a member of our KIT Loyalty program, I would highly encourage it. You can add to your profile that you would always like a coffee maker and a goldfish whenever you stay with us, or any other Kimpton Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you each month, as your new Denver destination!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have stayed at the Denver Monaco quite a few times. The service is great, people very friendly. Rooms are clean and enchanting. The wine & appetizers served every day in the lobby is fun, you get to meet other guests and sometimes their canine companions. The restaurant just next door, Pandora, is excellent rather for dinner, appetizers and a drink, it all works.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Linda M.,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor and for staying with us several times. It is very important to us that we offer you the best experience possible each and every visit. We look forward to your next visit, so we can spoil you with another great experience.

Warm regards,