“Great location, excellent room and restaurant”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #17 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent 5 nights at the Hotel Monaco, Denver. Walking distance to all Downtown attractions, museums, restaurants, Coors Field, the river walking path, 16th Street mall.
Kimpton Hotels are always interestingly decorated and our suite was well appointed. We had a fabulous meal in the restaurant hotel our first night. Prompt service and delicious entrees. There were also many gluten free options.
HIghly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hello sdmcsue,

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a great review for both the Hotel and Panzano! And thanks for staying with us for 5 days!!! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here last weekend with my mom and had a great time. I live downtown Denver, but it's always fun to get pampered at a hotel! The service is excellent and the location is unbeatable, just a block from the 16th street mall. The happy hour wine party in the lobby is always fun and a really great place to meet people. You have to check out Panzano, their restaurant downstairs... amazing happy hour and the best homemade pasta I've ever had.

I took a star off because the view was the inside of a parking structure... I mean, people were getting in their cars only yards in front of the windows on the 4th floor. Couldn't tell if it was sunny or cloudy by that view!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Maggie W,

Thanks for your review! We are so glad that you had a nice Mother-Daughter Getaway. Please contact me directly the next time you plan on staying with us so I can get you a fabulous complimentary upgradewith a great city view of the Mile High City!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The staff made my family feel like a million dollars! We were traveling with 2 very small (and often noisy) children, the staff was so kind and patient with us. They went out of the way to help us out and make our stay enjoyable. They even had a goldfish and special treats delivered to our room, which was so incredibly kind! Will definitely stay here next time we're in Denver!!!

Hello jmlynn05,

Thanks for staying with us and for your nice review! We are so glad that you and your family felt like a million bucks!!! That is certainly our goal :)

See you next time you are in Denver!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a Kimpton fan and expected this location to be on par with other Kimptons and it was not. The staff were very nice and one pointed out that the wifi was free with the hotel membership which was quite nice. We did not have hot water for the first 2 days of the stay and I was compensated nicely for this inconvience. The hotel is tired and needs updating, especially the bathrooms. They are old. The beds also need some help.

• Stayed: April 2014
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear livinginlondon1344,

Thank you for your review. I want to personally apologize to you that you were with us during our unfortunate water incident. We would love for you to come back and see us so that we can offer you the experience you expect and deserve. Please contact me directly when you have a future date in mind, so I can ensure your next experience is flawless!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this with...I have stayed at numerous 5 Star hotels around the globe & I can honestly say that my stay at the Hotel Monaco in Denver was one of my best hotel experiences ever! It is truly hip, chic, yet very elegant. The staff is hands down THE BEST staff I've ever encountered...from the valets to General Manager. They are very friendly, personable, eager to please, efficient, & prompt with everything from room service to bellhop request. They are pet friendly too! That is why I chose this hotel (many will accept dogs but not cats)...I was staying at the hotel while the moving van was enroute from ATL to Denver, so I had my kitty with me, since I'm moving to Denver. As I was leaving, kitty got under the bed & the bellman that came to get my bags, got a crutch & helped me get Queenie out from under the bed. He was great about it!

When I arrived at the hotel the valet was very friendly & quick to get my bags. Check in was swift & smooth...I was given a $10 credt for the minibar, since I joined the Kimpton Hotel members. The lobby is beautiful...it's a cross between art-deco & elegant drawing room with a cozy fireplace, comfy chairs, even chaise de lounges...it's a very cozy livingroom feel. It was crowded with guests for Wine Hour, every day between 5-6...with delectable appetizers prepared by the chef in the award winning restaurant, Panzano. The room service is from Panzano too...they even have a special Late Night menu...which is great bc room service lasts much later than most hotels. I ordered room service several times & it was delicious, not your usual fare, this was unique & delectable cuisine. It was always swiftly delivered by the most pleasant & personable (always calling me by name & making pleasant conversation). The Zebra print hotel robes are the best! People wear them down to the lobby in the AM to get free coffee/tea! I was told that many will wear them to the Wine Hour & will be gifted with a bottle of wine! They also have new yoga mats in your closet! The rooms are large & beautiful...bed was super comfy & room/bath clean. The staff though is what makes the experience so fabulous! I did NOT want to leave! I even extended my stay 3 nights. The downtown location is perfect! Near everything! Within walking to everything...one block from the 16th Street Mall (shopping & restaurants).
I've heard from friends that all the Kimpton Hotels are outstanding...Hotel Monaco is the first one I've stayed at & I can assure you, whenever I travel, I will seek out a Kimpton Hotel!!! AWESOME!!!!

1  Thank SassyCat81
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear SassyCat81,

We are so glad that you stayed with us, on route to moving to Denver! And welcome to the Mile High City! You will love it here. If you ever need a stay-cation, we look forward to welcoming you and your kitty back! Thanks for the great review... we are so glad you enjoyed it here!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Monaco twice in the last two months. The first was for Valentine's Day, the second for my birthday. Both visits were outstanding! From the staff at check in to the staff servicing our room, we could not be more pleased.

They went out of their way to make sure each of our visits was memorable. We appreciated the attention to detail and the amenities of the room.

We would also highly recommend the Happy Hour at Panzanos. Again, fantastic staff and the Happy Hour prices were awesome! So much awesome food and the service was stellar.

Room Tip: This is a boutique hotel, no cookie-cutter rooms here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockchalker92
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear rockchalker92,

Thanks so much for your great review! We are so lucky to have had you guys here twice in the last 2 months!!! Whoo-hoo!! We look forward to welcoming you back for your next celebration!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

After a much less than stellar stay at another, famous LODO hotel, we decided to move to the Monaco. WOW. The staff was on point and made sure that we not only had our needs met, but that we felt as if we were surrounded by family. We had a goldfish in our room and really comfortable accommodations. I did ask for a coffee machine as I am unable to even walk to the shower without caffeine. It was brought, with the goldfish, by the friendly housekeeping supervisor. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. From management and desk staff, who also serve as excellent concierge, to housekeeping the staff maintains a five star, yet genuine, level of service for the guest. It's definitely in the culture there. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello PTBoat67,

Wow! Thanks for the awesome review! I will be sure to share with our entire team here. We loved having you here and look forward to seeing you again!