“Beware”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orange County, California
“Beware”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I enjoy the Kimpton brand of hotels and have stayed at many with good experiences so I joined the In-Touch program. Unfortunately my experience at the Denver Monaco was less than optimal. I made my reservation 4 months prior to arrival. The room that I was given (#208) was the worst I have ever been in and seemed unsafe with a cement wall and walkway outside the window. I was astounded a Kimpton would even sell such a room. I was informed the hotel was full with a wedding. After a rough night in the room I packed my suitcase and was prepared to check into another hotel if I could not be given a decent and safe room. The staff at the front desk were nice but seemed unable to manage the necessary service recovery without my persistence. My colleagues did not have the same experience, reserving a king room, not the queen as I did. I guess at this hotel you get better treatment if you spend $9/day more. By the end of the following day I did get another room facing the street on the second floor, which apparently is the dog-friendly floor. I was not informed of this fact so you may want to ask beforehand. The restaurant at the hotel is lovely with good service. I would choose another hotel in Denver next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank beyond98
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Jowan88,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are in Denver, so that I can offer you a complimentary upgrade, based on availability, so we can offer you a more pleasant experience.

Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Boca Raton
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was a very nice Kimpton with clean rooms and a nice location. All of the staff was lovely but we did have a few housekeeping snafus that keep it just shy of a 5. One day, none of our rooms were cleaned by the time we returned home at 4:30p.m. And one day they left the housekeeping sign on the outside of the door so we did not want to disturb them as they cleaned. Eventually, we realized no one was actually in the room. The goldfish are cute until they die. I am not completely sure how well taken care of they are and by the end of the trip, my teenagers were very concerned with the whole idea of the goldfish being used as a cute trick to make people feel more at home. We were perfectly content petting the visiting dogs at the afternoon happy hour, which we loved. We also do not love the mosquito repellant smell of the C.O. Bigelow products they offer. The beds are amazing and I never sleep better at any hotel than a Kimpton. The location is right near 16th Street - with east access to the free shuttle that runs up and down 16th. Take advantage of the cute Tea Cloud store directly across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jemom68,

Thank you for writing us a review. Your feedback is so important to us, so we will certainly be sharing your comments with our team. At the same time, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Davis Junction
Reviewed 29 June 2014

AAA+ attention from the moment we arrived till the very second we departed. Room was very well appointed and worth the price - bed and pillows were just right! Right in the heart of downtown so getting around was very easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi SammyDavisJunction,

Whoo-hooo!!!! We are as excited as you are that you had an awesome stay!!! See you again the next time you are in Denver!

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is well run, service excellent for absolutely everything! It is modern, clean, stylist, well located for easy walking access to everything yet in a quiet street. Can't fault it in any way whatsoever. Rooms spacious, well equipped, clean, modern and the beds are really comfortable. All the staff could not be more helpful.

Restaurant food excellent and most things home made on the premises. Reasonably priced, service faultless.

If you would like coffee making facilities in your room just ask reception and they will provide it. Extra drinks in your mini bar, just ask and it arrives. Anything at all that you would like that has not been provided, just ask and everything seems to be available and no problem to provide.

What more can I say. This hotel is A+++++!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Fiona240,

Thank you so much for the awesome review!! You made our day with your wonderful comments! We can't wait to welcome you back again and again :)

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Special touches and Kimpton style are classic in this clean, perfectly located Denver hotel. Away from the hustle/bustle of 16th but close enough. LODO is an easy WALKO as is Coors Field and lots of area highlights of this growing city. 4th floor Suite was clean and cool in style but lacked the updated stylish walk in shower one might expect for this size, price and style room.
Food at Panzano was great (breakfast anyway) with lots of homemade options and creative thought. Service and staff are over the top (Paul might get nicest guy award for any hotel I've been to) as he even treated Cardinal fans with over the top service respect:-) Elevator had issues but they are smart enough to help facilitate guest coming walking down. Temporary issue but how they wanted to accommodate the guests was the idea. Classic Kimpton service.

Room Tip: If you want more stylish accommodations such as spa shower make sure you book that style room. Jr su...
Green Features: Great bike share program that will help get you to and from locations within the city which is bike friendly for sure.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello BillyTeddy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We will be sure to share your wonderful words with Paul! We are glad that your stay with great all around, between the hotel and Panzano!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in a Kimpton Hotel and I have to say it was the best and most memorable stay I have ever had in a hotel.
I would first like to thank Lauren & Melissa for being two of the most attentive people in the hospitality industry. Theses two ladies were so helpful with questions/concerns before we even made it to Denver and once we arrive for our stay they impressed us even more.
I cannot say enough with how wonderful of a hotel this is and it's central location to everything we desired to do while in Denver.
Every staff member that we encountered from the front desk to members of house cleaning were kind, polite, professional and more than happy to take the time to tell is about local favorites that we should see during our stay.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Stephen T,

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that you had such a wonderful stay. We absolutely loved meeting you and can't wait to welcome you back again and again!

Melissa Deacon & Lauren Cox
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I traveled to Denver for a Broncos game and two night stay in December. There were quite a few other fans (but not rowdy) staying on the property so that made for fun! This property was consistent with other Kimpton experiences we've had across the country. The location is convenient with plenty to walk to right out the front door. We had intended to use the free bikes, but simply ran out of time and were disappointed we didn't get to explore on them. There were quite a few available and all different styles. The restaurant was tasty and service was good. My only complaint is that the hotel is a shorter downtown building so the views aren't quite as spectacular as others in the area. Staff was very friendly and housekeeping was on top of everything and never intrusive. Room was in great shape and very clean. Good coffee available in the lobby in the morning. Overall very good stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello BrandiLB,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that we lived up to our other properties look and feel. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.