“One of Denver's Best”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of Denver's Best”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently traveled to Denver on a business trip and stayed at the Denver Monaco for a week. In my travels to Denver I have stayed at several other hotels and this was my first time at the Monaco. From the front desk experience, well appointed room and right down to the afternoon happy hour in the lobby, I was well satisfied with all that the Monaco had to offer. If you are a work our junkie like me, I also enjoyed the hotel gym. And if you are tired and do not want to leave the hotel after a long day of meetings, try the restaurant downstairs, Panzano. The scallops are the best!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Mick B,

Thanks for the great review! I am so glad you tried the scallops from Panzano... they truly are the best!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Cheers,

Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

If you are looking for a nice hotel in downtown Denver, look no further. This is it! Very nice property, good location, super clean rooms, comfortable beds, great service, good restaurant. The cocktail hour is great with free drinks and snacks - and our young boys loved the Wii in the lobby. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear CheffyD,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Denver!

Kind regards,

Stamford
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel Monaco Denver is such a fun place to stay. I just loved the décor in the restaurant, lobby and my spacious room-so imaginatively Western and comfortable! The food is fabulous, the brussel sprouts are out of this world! This is my top choice for a Denver stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear LMountainStack,

Thanks so much for the review! We're happy to hear you had a good stay with us.

If you are interested, we do keep a copy of the recipe for those delicious brussel sprouts on property. So next time you come see us, ask, and we'll get you a copy to take on home!

Best Regards,
Lauren Cox
Assistant Guest Services Manager
The Colony, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel Monaco has done a fantastic job bringing itself up to modern standards. The lobby is clean and luxurious with a few fun quirks. Don't miss wine hour at 5, good company and good wine. The rooms are standard size but are meticulously cleaned and the furniture is top notch. This is my new favorite hotel West of Texas.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Aaron_Trentacosta,

Thanks so much for writing a review! I'm pretty excited to hear we are your new go-to spot this side of Texas!

We hope you'll some back for some quirky fun, and enjoy our tasty wine hour again as well! I like to think the company you meet is pretty great too!

Best Regards,
Lauren Cox
Assistant Guest Services Manager
Deadwood, South Dakota
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Fashionable rooms but they are a little small. However, the bathrooms are bigger than normal which was nice. They have bikes that you can rent to discover Denver. The location is perfect. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello Charlie S,

Thank you so much for writing us a review. Next time you visit Denver, contact the hotel directly so that we can offer you one of our other fabulous room types, as they are vary in size. Thanks again for staying with us! See you again :)

Kind regards,

Melfort, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had one of the worst traveling experiences in our lives and found ourselves stranded in Denver. My two teenaged sons and I were upset, tired and hungry so we decided to treat ourselves with a nice hotel and we chose this one. We have stayed at many hotels throughout North American but this hotel has given us service that exceeds any expectations we had.

Upon check in, the two ladies at the front desk were friendly, professional and made us feel like family rather than random guests. I mentioned our luggage was sent to Chicago so they gave us all the toiletries we needed along with a wonderful bottle of wine.

We asked to have a cot brought up to our room so that all three of us had our own bed to sleep in. When the gentleman brought up the cot he was kind enough to bring us bottled waters and anything else we needed. This was a blessing as we have never been to Denver and it was almost midnight so we didn't really want to roam the streets at night. Little did we know then, but there is a 7-11 on the other side of the street.

Our beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very well appointed and clean. The location of the hotel is great. We did not have a car but found everything we needed within walking distance.

I have stayed at a Kimpton hotel in Victoria and had a great experience. This experience at this hotel has made me a loyal Kimpton guest.

A big thank you to all the staff we encountered here. You turned a disastrous vacation into a great time in downtown Denver.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Macale86,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you and your sons were able to feel at home and apart of our Kimpton family, especially during a stressful travel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Denver!

Love,

Your Kimpton Family
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

What a splendid surprise when I walked through the doors of this Kimpton Hotel (my first stay in one the brand's hotels), friendly staff and easy check in process, I shortly headed up to my lavish king suite. The spacious and very luxurious room, with large majestic headboard and fine details to boot had me at hello. Located on the street side of the 3rd floor I thought for sure I would hear lots of noise from the street below and above me - but quiet it was!

Kimpton Hotels will definitely be on my radar for the next escape I take.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear criviere3,

We are so excited that you enjoyed your experience with us! We have TONS of new properties/locations in the works, so definitely keep us in mind when you are traveling. Thanks again for staying with us!

Cheers,