“charming and pet friendly!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel was fabulous all the way around! Cute designs, happy people and great location. They have a spa right inside too. I loved that there was also a restaurant for dining. I felt like everyone was there to take care of me and make sure I had what I needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Romy4424
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Romy4424,

We are so glad that you had a chance to experience our hotel! Thanks for the great review!

Best,

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of the ratings trip advisor gave it - it was priced about the same as a The Westin. We should have stayed at The Westin. First I arrived late and my husband checked us in - the view was of a parking lot. It was too late to change rooms by the time I arrived so we just kept it. The lobby was quaint - the fish for the kids a cool concept - dog stuff very nice. But the staff was not friendly at all. From the valet to the front desk - all very unfriendly and very unwelcoming. The beds were extremely uncomfortable. Again if you have a choice between this hotel and The Westin - which were the same price when we booked - stay at The Westin. Until this hotel can step it up a notch especially with the service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher up floor and one that doesn't face directly into a parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie P
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Jackie P,

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Being a historic and smaller buliding in the heart of downtown Denver, we unfortunately have some rooms that do not offer an ideal view. We do try to accomodate requests from our guests for exterior facing rooms, and I apologize that you did not receive a room with a view.

We will continue to work diligently with our team to insure our guests have a positive experience, and I apologize that you did not feel welcomed during your stay.

If you would like to talk with me directly regarding your stay, please feel free to email me at Lauren.Cox@hotelmonaco.com.

Best Regards,
Lauren Cox
Assistant Guest Serivces Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here one night while in town to see a Rockies game. The field was about a 15 minute walk from the property with an excellent location near the 16th street mall. We caught the tail end of the hosted wine hour which was fabulous. I loved the coffee station they had set up in the morning. The lobby had flavored water at all hours of the day. These little touches really impressed me. The rooms felt spacious and high class with unique decorations. We went to their restaurant for dessert and drinks. It was delicious. I felt like I was truly on vacation staying here. The only downside was the expense of the parking, but I guess that is typical for downtown. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Kathryn M,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Denver and got to see a Rockies game! Come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed in Denver for a night during our cross-country move, and I can't say enough about this hotel.

The location is awesome - so close (walking distance) to 16th Street Mall. The staff is nice, friendly and helpful. The entire hotel is stylish, modern and comfortable at the same time. The rooms are on the small side, but it's a city, so we expected that. That said, they certainly make great use of every square inch.

There's a delicious restaurant attached - Panzano's - and I highly recommend it.

The beds were comfy! I mean, we were only there a night, but I got a great night's sleep!

Oh - and I love that they're so dog-friendly!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi Arae81,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a nice review! That means a lot to us, especially while you are in the middle of moving across country! We can't wait to have you back for a vacation!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a room with 2 Queen beds on the third floor near the elevators. The room was very large and looked out onto the Colorado National Bank that was across the street. However, there was very little (if any) street noise. The beds, pillows and sheets were plush and comfortable.
I like how the Kimpton tries to create a B&B feel in a chic setting. I like that they try to promote guest interaction by offering free coffee and tea in their lounge every morning and hosting a free wine reception in the evenings. They had locally roasted Colorado coffee and iced coffee with flavored syrups available. But you can request to have a coffee maker in your room if you prefer. The staff was extremely welcoming. My husband and I booked our stay last minute. Sometimes when you check into a hotel in the middle of the night the staff can appear inconvenienced and act like it is a hassle but not at the hotel Monaco! We given a warm welcome. We checked in after 11pm and the woman at the front desk (forgive me I didn't catch her name) was very friendly and engaging. She offered us a late checkout which was very much appreciated. When she learned that we were traveling across the country she offered us each a bottle of water to help us stay hydrated while we adjust to the altitude change. Both were thoughtful gestures that didn't go unnoticed. When the Valet heard that we were moving to California he gave us some insight and said that we would love it out there. Which was reassuring since he was from California. Overall it was a great stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Megs00,

Thank you so much for the great review! We were so excited that you chose to stay with us for your journey across country! Good luck on the rest of your move! We look forward to welcoming you back for vacation :)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel Monaco during our stay in Denver & we loved it. We could walk out of our hotel & were right in the middle of everything! Super close to the shopping district! The staff were very pleasant & the rooms were clean. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bxa145
Melissa D, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear bxa145,

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our awesome downtown location and all it has to offer! We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

stayed there for 4 days(July 2014). The staff was wonderful. Extremely helpful and courteous. The room was on par with most 4 and 5 star hotels. The location is advantages to those who wish
to shop and eat on 16th st. and walk to Coors Field. A nice touch provided by the hotel is the
Starbucks coffee in the mornings, wine in the afternoons and a great restaurant for breakfast or dinner. We will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigorange_10
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear bigorange_10,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us! We always love to hear from our guests. I'm so happy to hear that you had a good time with us. I'm glad you were able to get out and explore the city, because like you mentioned, we are very close to many downtown options.

We hope you'll come stay with us again soon!

Best,