Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$198
  • Breakfast included
US$217
US$194
1,507 results
All reviewswine hourpanzano restaurantmonte carlo suitehappy hourstreet mallyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary winemini barattached restaurantvalet staffking bedvalet parkinglarimer squarethe location is perfectcoors fieldheart of downtown
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This is a nice hotel in a good location, Lodo. I would have rated it higher normally--the lobby was beautiful in the typically Kimpton-funky way. It, along with the room decor, felt a bit like Alice in Wonderland. I loved the plush animal-print robe and the room was large.

My issues were small but important to me, so here's my hail of bullets: First, I had called weeks in advance (and several times leading up to my stay) to request adjoining rooms. This couldn't be accommodated and I was frustrated. (However, we did receive a complimentary bottle of wine) Second, the toilet and tissue papers were like sand paper. I had a better experience at the gas station. Pretty similar results for the bed linens. While the bed itself was comfortable, the sheets felt stiff and scratchy. Third, my room was adjacent to the elevator. I didn't really notice until starting at six am, I was awoken with the constant dinging of the elevator doors. Fourthly, the shower caulking was pretty stained and the tub didn't drain properly. Neither did the shower fully dispense all the water even though the drain switch was properly pulled into shower-mode. So it felt quite icky showering with my feet in a few inches of water. Other than that, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Been there for 5 nights, with customers for a congress. The hotel is very nice and quiet in a calm street. Just 5 minutes walking from the Convention Center. Helpfull and smiling staff. The room was big, clean and comfortable. Excellent choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Monaco Denver, a Kimpton, is true to form - great rooms, high quality bedding and linens, and the best ever staff. As a Kimpton member, several very convenient and extra special amenities are offered. So, although the base price might seem a bit high, one gets the best value with a very high quality hotel. I am a huge fan and definitely recommend the Monaco Denver to others.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary last night in Denver. Taking in a Rockie's game with friends, some yummy desserts at Rock Bottom Brewery, and rounding out the night with a good night's sleep at the Hotel Monaco. If you are looking for a good location in Denver, this hotel is right off of the 16th Street Mall, restaurants right nearby, and an easy walk to Coor's Field, Pepsi Center, Six Flags Elich Gardens, and much more!! We were super happy with the friendliness of the staff when we checked in. They asked about why we were staying and were super helpful, offering to help us make reservations for dinner or find a ride to the ball game. From 5pm to 6pm we enjoyed a glass of wine during the complementary wine service in the lobby before heading to the game. When we returned from our evening adventures, a bottle of champagne with a card signed by the staff were waiting for us in our room! The king sized bed was very comfortable, the hotel was very quiet, and we slept really well.
This morning we awoke early, the hotel was still very quiet, there was complementary coffee and tea in the lobby as we checked out and again the staff were really friendly.

Although we did not bring along our pets, this is a pet friendly hotel, there were even people with their dogs hanging out in the lobby during the wine service!

The only draw backs I can see to this hotel is that it can be a bit more pricey and we were a bit sad that there was no pool. We booked on Expedia and got a great reduced rate. For an older hotel, it was super clean and the decorations interesting and attractive. Also, someone had attempted to charge their dinner in the restaurant to our room, but the front desk took care of it at check out.

Overall this was a great place to stay and we would certainly return in the future!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

this is a cozy, quirky hotel with wonderful staff and a lovely plush atmosphere. we had a luxurious room with a vaulted ceiling, soft bedding, bathrobes, slippers, and a spotless bathroom! the staff was friendly and we loved the sangria hour in the "living room" with everyone. they served wine and snacks and sent us back to our room with another free bottle of wine! it's a short walk away from the popular 16th street mall area. valet parking is expensive but probably on par with everything else in downtown denver. pets are welcome and it made me wish i had my pup with me at the time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends