“Fantastic service and rooms”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Hopkins, Minnesota
“Fantastic service and rooms”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hotel Teatro is a charming boutique hotel with a fantastic downtown location. The thing that struck me the most was the service from its employees. The staff that worked the front door were so useful with information, we stopped and talked with them nearly every time we left. They gave me a great tip for my Super Shuttle ride back to the airport that saved an hour. They were very knowledgeable about the area. The room was clean and very nice, especially considering the price. The layout of the room was a bit awkward, but had everything we needed. The room was cleaned very quickly; we could return in the late morning and it would be finished. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was convenient to the convention center, very convenient for the arts (next door to the Opera, etc). It was also about one block off the Cherry Creek Trail and a B-cycle station.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Greeley
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We checked in and the front desk was friendly and quick. The door staff -- excellent Room a bit small for the price, nice bathroom, no view. The bed was very comfortable. Had dinner at Prima's located in hotel, not a good dining experence. Paid bill in cash and then next a.m. the charge had been added to our hotel room, not only that it wasn't even our amount. The air conditioner whined very loud when it turned off, woke me up all night long, thought it was the alarm, annoying. Early appointment so I jumped in the shower at 5:30 a.m. and could hear water coming from other rooms. No HOT WATER. I let in run for five minutes and luke warm. Called the front desk and he said it is an old hotel and we could change rooms or wait 1/2 hour. I had no time for that, but when my husband showered 20 minutes later he had hot water. I spoke to the front desk about my dinner charge and he removed it from the bill which I appreciated. I would not stay here again for the price, and definately would not eat again at Primas.

Room Tip: Ask about the air conditioner noise!
1 Thank Donna H
Amarillo
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The customer service was great, the room was really nice and clean, and the bed was sooo comfy, we slept well. The view from our room was neat. Complimentary paper in the morning. We wished there was more coffee, or complimentary breakfast at least for the price of our stay, but it was still fine. Overall we had a really nice stay here, and I would definitely recommend it, and stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on 14th street, and it gets a bit noisy with the traffic outside.
1 Thank Taylor S
USA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was here for the NCAA Women's Final Four event and my only qualms about this hotel was that room was a bit tad small and my internet connection kept going out requiring me to constantly re-connect to the internet, other than that this hotel is great. I didn't have the money to eat (just too expensive) at the restaurant attached to the hotel, but it was great. The hotel's customer service was superb and if all businesses operated from the standard Teatro works from all businesses would be perfect. The shuttle (Tahoe Hybrid) was a nice touch and the driver dropped me off everywhere from the Aquarium to post office. The bed was great (as well the chocolate that came when room was cleaned), the shower was perfect and now I can say I stayed in an authentic 4-5 star hotel. This is at the top of the best hotels I've stayed in. I'm now kind of hooked on "boutique" hotels, which is much better than the run of the mill hotels. You can't go go wrong with Teatro.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and couldn't get that mountain view instead was facing the Four Season...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was in Denver on business and was put up in the Teatro. From the moment I arrived the staff welcomed me and made me feel important to them. It was late when I arrived, so I ordred room service and was presented with an amazing meal worthy of any restaurant!

The beds were big and comfy, making it easy to slip in and drift off to sleep as if on a cloud.

Located down town, it's super easy to walk around Denver from here. It snowed 2 of the days I was there, adding to the magical experience of the area. I mention this as it turns out the hotel has a vehicle for quick trips - just ask the front desk and they are happy to run you out and about, up to 5 mins from the hotel. Great for those short journeys in the snow.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Although I chose Hotel Teatro for its location, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service … especially the concierge and bell hop staff (who could teach customer service).
room had both bath and shower, very comfortable bed and excellent working area. Two restaurants are truly excellent.

• Stayed April 2012
Alexandria
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for a combination of work for him and leisure for me. The room was extremely comfortable and the right size. The location was great as it was in walking distance of museums, the 16th street mall, restaurants and the convention center. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful with tips on food. I hung out with the staff and some other guests at the wine cocktail hour and had a great time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple