“Gem in the Heart of the City”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #19 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We had a 3 day business meeting at Hotel Teatro. I had a cast on my right leg and they had a wheelchair available for me as well as a wheelchair accessible room. The rooms were well decorated. Although I could hear the train every night. Staff was accommodating and checkout was a breeze.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Teatro

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We actually live in Denver, but wanted to have a romantic night since my husband is leaving for Afghanistan soon. We decided on the Teatro because of its pet policies; no extra charge and they go the extra mile to make your pets comfortable. We were not disappointed! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the local area, and the concierge was excellent (she arrange for an in-room massage for us on very short notice). They offered us a generous military discount, and we opted for the "Romance Package," which includes chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, late check out, and a $40 dining credit for breakfast. The room was amazing and spacious, with and incredible bathtub that easily fit two people. At every turn the staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was enjoyable, from in-room bar service to walking our dogs in the morning so we didn't have to crawl out of bed. We never waited more than 5 minutes for anything. We did not take advantage of the on-site restaurants because of other arrangements, but the staff made sure we knew they were available without being pushy. The valet attendants were pleasant and professional-looking, with none of the sketchiness you find with other valet arrangements. We did not need to use the hotel transport but saw it bustling around taking other guests around (they'll take you anywhere within 2 miles for free). The staff remembered us and our names and always asked about our service expectations. The dogs received their own FIJI waters and treats upon arrival, and the hotel provides bowls and a whole menu of in-room service items you can order (even frozen doggy shakes).

If I had to pick one bad thing about this hotel I would say the noise; downtown traffic picks up very early in the morning (especially on weekdays) and there was some traffic noise. It was not too bothersome to ruin my experience. The in-room dining is good (we had breakfast) but while the entrees were reasonably priced as room service goes, the beverages were a bit pricey ($11 for a carafe of coffee and $9 a glass for orange juice). For a luxury hotel this is expected, and since they didn't tack on a lot of extra fees for other stuff it was ok. There were a couple disconnects between what I arranged on the phone and what happened when we got here (no one knew we had dogs, for instance), but such issues were handled so quickly and with so much attention they might as well not have happened.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe corner king, and the extra room and light make all the difference
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We were pleased with everything about this place. The location is perfect, the room was clean, comfortable and beautiful. What impressed us the most though, was the staff! Everyone went above and beyond to be helpful and friendly. They shuttled us to and from the Pepsi center, the Rockies ballpark and the aquarium. We would love to stay there again and would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

On the night I proposed to my lovely new fiancee I booked one of the Corner King rooms. Not only is the hotel positioned to have beautiful views of downtown Denver but the room alone has top notch amenities. The staff of the hotel were excelent and very friendly. The hotel also has an excelent room service menu and an awesome valet service. This night will always be special and the Hotel Teatro definitely helped make this memorable night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear ez_mo7,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Teatro, and congratulations on your engagement!
We are very pleased to see that you had a great stay, particularly for such a memorable and important occasion! Hopefully Hotel Teatro will be the setting for many more memorable experiences for you and your fiancé. We look forward to your next visit.
Thank you again for the feedback!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2013

All the people were extremely helpful. They provide free shuttle around the city. Rooms were reasonably priced for a major city. The beds were particularly comfortable. the location is very close to all the important sights in Denver and alot are in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and really enjoyed ourselves. We were greeted by the valet who removed our liggage from the car and got us right in to check in and showed us to our room. Room was very clean and well decorated. Our only issue with the room was that the bathtub had to run for a while to get the rust color out of the water. The bed was really comfy and sheets were soft. Staff always had a great suggestion for meals within walkibg distance and we were always offered directions when departing by car. Housekeeping staff for turn down service were very difficult to understand beecause english was clearly not their primary language but were very polite. Will be returning for more stays in Denver.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Teatro for four nights and upon arrival, I was a bit taken aback at how unfriendly the employees at the front desk were during check in. Fortunately, the hotel is charming, located in a great section of downtown Denver, and the rest of the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Highly recommend the individuals that work at the front desk attain significant customer service training.

Dear Cindy2096,
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel, but I am quite surprised to read that our front desk staff was unfriendly during your check-in! We, the management and staff of Hotel Teatro, pride ourselves on offering a warm and welcoming environment to all of our guests during every interaction, and I apologize for our failure to deliver that during your check-in.
I believe that what makes Hotel Teatro truly unique is our ability to offer professional and attentive service while also being warm and personable, and I assure you that the interaction you experienced is not typical of our front desk staff. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to deliver the attentive and friendly “above and beyond” service that we all work so hard to offer.
We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, and again I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager