“Hotel Teatro saved the day!”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Hotel Teatro saved the day!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We're Denver locals, and had sudden, unexpected construction on our home. We found ourselves looking for a place to stay for a night, and ended up at Hotel Teatro. This hotel - and the entire staff - saved the day! The accommodations were absolutely perfect, with lots of attention given to the "extras," such as plush robes, amazing showerheads, and more. And, knowing that we were having a tough time, the staff even sent up two beers to our room! The level of customer service is above and beyond what I've experienced anywhere else, and I would highly recommend Hotel Teatro to anyone visiting from out of town - or anyone in Denver who just wants a fancy and fun overnight stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear B R,
Thank you for the great review! We are lucky to have such a great staff here, and I'm very happy to see that everyone went above and beyond and saved the day. I hope you'll stay with us again soon for another night downtown (but under better circumstances).
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Broomfield
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Teatro over the past two weekends. The front desk staff is awesome...they went out of their way to try and resolve a reservation issue for us! They are professional, friendly and welcoming. Same goes for the valet guys!

The beds are wonderful!

The noise from outside carried into our room & made sleeping difficult, but I have found this to be true at most of the hotels downtown! Overcoming the noise would make this the perfect place to stay in Denver every time!

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for the review, allieik!
I will make sure our team sees the kinds words you wrote! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully we will see you again soon! Feel free to contact our front desk after making your next reservation so we can work with you to find a quieter room.
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Bedford, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel Teatro is a very nice, well situated hotel in downtown Denver. The quality of the room furnishings and amenities were top notch. The staff was very attentive. Most everything is within walking distance and if you don't like to walk as we do, there is a complimentary shuttle to take you anywhere within two (2) miles of the hotel...very convenient. Just be warned that we booked using Hotwire's "Secret Hot Rate" that promises a cut-rate but only reveals the hotel after you have confirmed your reservation. After tireless research, I was fairly certain that our room would be at the Hotel Teatro and it was. However, as others have mentioned, the "Special Hot Rate" rooms tend to be their "Petite" rooms which are on the small side. It was only for one (1) night so we did not mind, but the "Petite" rooms would not be agreeable for an extended stay (small, no view, near the elevator (though we did not hear it)). We really, truly got a cut-rate (including all discounts, we paid about $100) but in the end, I think we got what we paid for...a really nice but small hotel room that was very well located in downtown Denver.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Kevin C,
Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Teatro! The petite room you were in is indeed smaller than our other room types, and we will often upgrade guests in those rooms to something a little more spacious, but that is tough when we we have limited availability or are sold out. I always recommend contacting the hotel directly so someone on our team can work with you to find the best rate available. We do no match any online auction site, but we do match other rates listen online. Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon!
Houston, texas, USA
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,740 helpful votes
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We spent two nights in what was called a "junior suite" on the 9th floor. The suite was both large and nicely appointed with two full bathrooms, a bedroom and seperate sitting room. We had plenty of room and while our view was nothing special, we were on the backside of the hotel, I would give the room itself a strong 4 stars save for the fact that noise from distant trains and emergency vehicles could be heard periodically through the night. We are fairly light sleepers and this was something of a bother as well as a surprize given the location of our rooms on the top floor and away from any street.

The gym was small but had everything we wanted and at least during the day never crowded. Breakfast was good and came with a variety of newspapers. We had dinner one eveninng in the Kevin Taylor restaurant which like the hotel is a very nice space. The staff were very friendly though when I called to request one of the "sleep aids" they mention in the hotel brochur they did not have the CD on hand and we did not receive it at anytime during our stay.

If you are looking for a hotel with charm and style, one only a block from the arts center, this is certainly a hotel you should strongly consider especially if your a sound sleeper. I should also note that the rooms on the street side of the building on the 9th floor, I think 904 to 913, have nice balconies and probably nice views as well. I would certainly consider returning if I were going to the ballet or thearter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jsthouston
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
jsthouston,
Thank you for the detailed review! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your overall experience, but I am sorry that you were not able to sleep well. We seem to be hearing an increasing amount of feedback from our guests about exterior noise and so we are exploring options to make the rooms quieter. I am pleased to see that this would not prevent you from staying at Hotel Teatro again in the future; we will be sure to give you one of our quietest rooms. Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Was here for a week with a bunch of my coworkers in January - room was lovely, good size, and very clean. I've also stayed @ the Four Seasons across the street, but preferred the Teatro for it's boutiquey vibes. If you're not into big chain hotels this will be right up your alley.

Location - Great for walking to restaurants/bars on Larimer St. Super easy drive to main roads.

Room - stayed in superior queen - lovely, good size, and very clean. Nice desk area, mini entry hall for stowing luggage and beautiful big windows.

Bathroom - big overhead shower, immaculate, and lots of extra towels :)

Staff - very nice. MVP was Brandon in reservations - we had to make some scheduling changes and he went way above and beyond.

Valet - Could be a little slow if many people were getting cars @ the same time, but calling ahead solved that easily.

Only one small suggestion- working meant we ended up staying in the hotel for dinner a lot - our team got a bit bored with the hotel restaurant fare by the end of the week (same menu for room service and downstairs bar area). Would love to see some more variety. (There is another restaurant on the other side of the hotel but it's pricey).

**FYI they don't use keycards - keys are computer/regular key hybrids. Took me awhile to get the hang of...(Read: spent 10 mins outside my door trying to get the key in...finally called front desk for help! But by the end of the week I had mastered it!)

Room Tip: We were here during the NFL playoffs - sound does carry when drunk Broncos/Patriots fans are stumbli...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MsquaredL
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
MsqauredL,
Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are lucky to have such a great team here, and I'll be sure to pass along your review to Brandon! I'm glad you mastered the keys by the end of your stay, I know they are not as simple as the key cards. We have actually recently begun looking into replacing our system with a slightly more user-friendly key card system.
Thanks again for taking the time to post a review!
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is a little gem across the street from the Four Seasons Denver hotel. My room was one of the smallest, but it was well organized and very attractive with interesting pottery/statues. The staff was exceedingly friendly and gave great recommendations. The hotel is situated near the convention center, arts center and a interesting shopping district Larimer Square. The gym was a little small and overheated, but the staff responded and kept checking on the heat in the gym. They also give you the Sunday NYTimes for free. I would stay here again in a flash.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank traveldw
traveldw,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Teatro! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we will see you again soon. Also, after reading your review I spoke to our engineering team about the temperature in the gym and they are going to see what we can do to keep it cooler in there!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was a very fun hotel, hip and boutiquey. They even have a complementary car service to take and pick you up from dinner. They were priced higher than surrounding hotels, but I simply called and asked if they could match some of the hotels in the area, and they did without hesitation.

Great location, very walkable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the review, Jason T! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again soon!