“Gorgeous but noisy”

Ranked #20 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gorgeous but noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Teatro is beautifully furnished and feels very luxurious. The bedding, the decor, and the service are impeccable. But I would definitely request a quiet room...we stayed on the third floor at the front of the building, and we heard every weekend reveler and truck on the street. I did not complain or ask for a switch, so I can't speak for how the hotel responds, but some soundproofing would not be amiss. Valet parking is expensive but 24 hours in/out and very prompt.

• Stayed March 2014
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for the review, BagMouse!
We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the service you experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us prior to your next stay so we can put you in one of our quieter rooms. We have heard similar feedback about the street noise in the rooms from several of our guests and we are listening! We're currently looking into ways to address this so we can provide a better experience.
Thank you again for your review, we hope you'll visit again soon!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I came to Denver to watch our daughter play volleyball in the Colorado Crossroads tournament. We chose the Hotel Teatro because our daughter was staying with her team at another hotel and we did not want to be surrounded by teams and families of volleyball players. At check in we were told they were overbooked and asked if they could put us up at a comparable hotel for one night then come back to the Hotel Teatro for the remainder of our stay. To compensate the trouble they would pay for the first and second night of our stay. With no kids staying with us it sounded like a deal. I agreed as long as there would be a king bed waiting for us when we got back.

We were put up at the Magnolia which is a nice hotel but not on the same level of the Hotel Teatro. Room was shotty, place was full of partying kids and volleyball enthusiasts, just what we wanted to be away from. The staff there was extremely helpful though.

Back at the Hotel Teatro we explained the Magnolia was in no way comparable to the Hotel Teatro. The staff apologized and promised to make it up to us. Got to our room and there was a Queen bed, not a King. Now I see all of this as a problem and start to get a little pissed off. The front desk and the manager were outstanding in rectifying the situation and understanding my frustration. They took care of everything and made the rest of our stay the best it could be.

I would highly recommend the Hotel Teatro as a true first class establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
dear logregla.
Thank you for your patience with the enormous inconvenience we caused during your visit to Denver, and I sincerely appreciate the positive review despite the ordeal you went through! It is very rare that we encounter a situation where we have to move our guests somewhere else, but when we do we try to offer comparable rooms at other hotels. It appears the arrangements we made for you were not up to your expectations, and for that I apologize. I was to pleased to see that our staff handled everything well once you returned to Hotel Teatro, and I hope that you will consider staying with us again during your next visit.
Thank you again for your patience, and for taking the time to post a review of your experience!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We're Denver locals, and had sudden, unexpected construction on our home. We found ourselves looking for a place to stay for a night, and ended up at Hotel Teatro. This hotel - and the entire staff - saved the day! The accommodations were absolutely perfect, with lots of attention given to the "extras," such as plush robes, amazing showerheads, and more. And, knowing that we were having a tough time, the staff even sent up two beers to our room! The level of customer service is above and beyond what I've experienced anywhere else, and I would highly recommend Hotel Teatro to anyone visiting from out of town - or anyone in Denver who just wants a fancy and fun overnight stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear B R,
Thank you for the great review! We are lucky to have such a great staff here, and I'm very happy to see that everyone went above and beyond and saved the day. I hope you'll stay with us again soon for another night downtown (but under better circumstances).
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
Broomfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Teatro over the past two weekends. The front desk staff is awesome...they went out of their way to try and resolve a reservation issue for us! They are professional, friendly and welcoming. Same goes for the valet guys!

The beds are wonderful!

The noise from outside carried into our room & made sleeping difficult, but I have found this to be true at most of the hotels downtown! Overcoming the noise would make this the perfect place to stay in Denver every time!

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for the review, allieik!
I will make sure our team sees the kinds words you wrote! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully we will see you again soon! Feel free to contact our front desk after making your next reservation so we can work with you to find a quieter room.
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Bedford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel Teatro is a very nice, well situated hotel in downtown Denver. The quality of the room furnishings and amenities were top notch. The staff was very attentive. Most everything is within walking distance and if you don't like to walk as we do, there is a complimentary shuttle to take you anywhere within two (2) miles of the hotel...very convenient. Just be warned that we booked using Hotwire's "Secret Hot Rate" that promises a cut-rate but only reveals the hotel after you have confirmed your reservation. After tireless research, I was fairly certain that our room would be at the Hotel Teatro and it was. However, as others have mentioned, the "Special Hot Rate" rooms tend to be their "Petite" rooms which are on the small side. It was only for one (1) night so we did not mind, but the "Petite" rooms would not be agreeable for an extended stay (small, no view, near the elevator (though we did not hear it)). We really, truly got a cut-rate (including all discounts, we paid about $100) but in the end, I think we got what we paid for...a really nice but small hotel room that was very well located in downtown Denver.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Kevin C,
Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Teatro! The petite room you were in is indeed smaller than our other room types, and we will often upgrade guests in those rooms to something a little more spacious, but that is tough when we we have limited availability or are sold out. I always recommend contacting the hotel directly so someone on our team can work with you to find the best rate available. We do no match any online auction site, but we do match other rates listen online. Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon!
Houston, texas, USA
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,849 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We spent two nights in what was called a "junior suite" on the 9th floor. The suite was both large and nicely appointed with two full bathrooms, a bedroom and seperate sitting room. We had plenty of room and while our view was nothing special, we were on the backside of the hotel, I would give the room itself a strong 4 stars save for the fact that noise from distant trains and emergency vehicles could be heard periodically through the night. We are fairly light sleepers and this was something of a bother as well as a surprize given the location of our rooms on the top floor and away from any street.

The gym was small but had everything we wanted and at least during the day never crowded. Breakfast was good and came with a variety of newspapers. We had dinner one eveninng in the Kevin Taylor restaurant which like the hotel is a very nice space. The staff were very friendly though when I called to request one of the "sleep aids" they mention in the hotel brochur they did not have the CD on hand and we did not receive it at anytime during our stay.

If you are looking for a hotel with charm and style, one only a block from the arts center, this is certainly a hotel you should strongly consider especially if your a sound sleeper. I should also note that the rooms on the street side of the building on the 9th floor, I think 904 to 913, have nice balconies and probably nice views as well. I would certainly consider returning if I were going to the ballet or thearter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jsthouston
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
jsthouston,
Thank you for the detailed review! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your overall experience, but I am sorry that you were not able to sleep well. We seem to be hearing an increasing amount of feedback from our guests about exterior noise and so we are exploring options to make the rooms quieter. I am pleased to see that this would not prevent you from staying at Hotel Teatro again in the future; we will be sure to give you one of our quietest rooms. Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Was here for a week with a bunch of my coworkers in January - room was lovely, good size, and very clean. I've also stayed @ the Four Seasons across the street, but preferred the Teatro for it's boutiquey vibes. If you're not into big chain hotels this will be right up your alley.

Location - Great for walking to restaurants/bars on Larimer St. Super easy drive to main roads.

Room - stayed in superior queen - lovely, good size, and very clean. Nice desk area, mini entry hall for stowing luggage and beautiful big windows.

Bathroom - big overhead shower, immaculate, and lots of extra towels :)

Staff - very nice. MVP was Brandon in reservations - we had to make some scheduling changes and he went way above and beyond.

Valet - Could be a little slow if many people were getting cars @ the same time, but calling ahead solved that easily.

Only one small suggestion- working meant we ended up staying in the hotel for dinner a lot - our team got a bit bored with the hotel restaurant fare by the end of the week (same menu for room service and downstairs bar area). Would love to see some more variety. (There is another restaurant on the other side of the hotel but it's pricey).

**FYI they don't use keycards - keys are computer/regular key hybrids. Took me awhile to get the hang of...(Read: spent 10 mins outside my door trying to get the key in...finally called front desk for help! But by the end of the week I had mastered it!)

Room Tip: We were here during the NFL playoffs - sound does carry when drunk Broncos/Patriots fans are stumbli...