“Beautiful Hotel and Kind and Friendly Service!”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #31 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel in May 2013 for a ASM conference in Denver, we where all students and had a blast in Denver. The rooms were impeccable and the concierge always managed to give us all the information on places to go to eat close by, she even printed out the menus from the restaurants! It was a great stay! It is a beautiful hotel, I would say that the noisy street made it a bit difficult because you can hear a lot of the traffic outside in the rooms, other than that the beds are so that you just forget the noisy streets!! =) Overall a great hotel and friendly staff, would stay there again !

Room Tip: Choose rooms not close to the streets
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for the review, Camille R! We appreciate the positive feedback from your stay! I am more than happy to pass along your kind words to our team. Hopefully you'll come see us again soon!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'm sitting in the lobby by the fireplace, enjoying free coffee, waiting for my shuttle van to airport to arrive. Enjoyed 4 days here. Fabulous, comfortable bed with Frette linens, a soaking tub AND a waterfall shower, mini fridge and safe in the room, beautiful elegant furnishings, and pretty quiet for an older hotel in a busy downtown area. Close (walking distance) to everywhere I needed to go during my trip, although I did make use of the Cadillac Escalade & driver one night to get to an event on time. Everyone was hospitable, professional, and kind. Hope to return soon.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank NativeTexan61

Thank you for the thorough review, YorkResident! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon! Reading that you "did not want to leave" is about that best compliment we can hope for, so thank you again!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was visiting Denver for a short stay the hotel's service was impeccable. The location is in walking distance of the conference center. The beds are very comfortable and the service is top notch. I could not have asked for a better stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you the review, okiewandering! We're happy you had a great stay and hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Teatro is beautifully furnished and feels very luxurious. The bedding, the decor, and the service are impeccable. But I would definitely request a quiet room...we stayed on the third floor at the front of the building, and we heard every weekend reveler and truck on the street. I did not complain or ask for a switch, so I can't speak for how the hotel responds, but some soundproofing would not be amiss. Valet parking is expensive but 24 hours in/out and very prompt.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for the review, BagMouse!
We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the service you experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us prior to your next stay so we can put you in one of our quieter rooms. We have heard similar feedback about the street noise in the rooms from several of our guests and we are listening! We're currently looking into ways to address this so we can provide a better experience.
Thank you again for your review, we hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I came to Denver to watch our daughter play volleyball in the Colorado Crossroads tournament. We chose the Hotel Teatro because our daughter was staying with her team at another hotel and we did not want to be surrounded by teams and families of volleyball players. At check in we were told they were overbooked and asked if they could put us up at a comparable hotel for one night then come back to the Hotel Teatro for the remainder of our stay. To compensate the trouble they would pay for the first and second night of our stay. With no kids staying with us it sounded like a deal. I agreed as long as there would be a king bed waiting for us when we got back.

We were put up at the Magnolia which is a nice hotel but not on the same level of the Hotel Teatro. Room was shotty, place was full of partying kids and volleyball enthusiasts, just what we wanted to be away from. The staff there was extremely helpful though.

Back at the Hotel Teatro we explained the Magnolia was in no way comparable to the Hotel Teatro. The staff apologized and promised to make it up to us. Got to our room and there was a Queen bed, not a King. Now I see all of this as a problem and start to get a little pissed off. The front desk and the manager were outstanding in rectifying the situation and understanding my frustration. They took care of everything and made the rest of our stay the best it could be.

I would highly recommend the Hotel Teatro as a true first class establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

dear logregla.
Thank you for your patience with the enormous inconvenience we caused during your visit to Denver, and I sincerely appreciate the positive review despite the ordeal you went through! It is very rare that we encounter a situation where we have to move our guests somewhere else, but when we do we try to offer comparable rooms at other hotels. It appears the arrangements we made for you were not up to your expectations, and for that I apologize. I was to pleased to see that our staff handled everything well once you returned to Hotel Teatro, and I hope that you will consider staying with us again during your next visit.
Thank you again for your patience, and for taking the time to post a review of your experience!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We're Denver locals, and had sudden, unexpected construction on our home. We found ourselves looking for a place to stay for a night, and ended up at Hotel Teatro. This hotel - and the entire staff - saved the day! The accommodations were absolutely perfect, with lots of attention given to the "extras," such as plush robes, amazing showerheads, and more. And, knowing that we were having a tough time, the staff even sent up two beers to our room! The level of customer service is above and beyond what I've experienced anywhere else, and I would highly recommend Hotel Teatro to anyone visiting from out of town - or anyone in Denver who just wants a fancy and fun overnight stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear B R,
Thank you for the great review! We are lucky to have such a great staff here, and I'm very happy to see that everyone went above and beyond and saved the day. I hope you'll stay with us again soon for another night downtown (but under better circumstances).
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Teatro over the past two weekends. The front desk staff is awesome...they went out of their way to try and resolve a reservation issue for us! They are professional, friendly and welcoming. Same goes for the valet guys!

The beds are wonderful!

The noise from outside carried into our room & made sleeping difficult, but I have found this to be true at most of the hotels downtown! Overcoming the noise would make this the perfect place to stay in Denver every time!

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for the review, allieik!
I will make sure our team sees the kinds words you wrote! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully we will see you again soon! Feel free to contact our front desk after making your next reservation so we can work with you to find a quieter room.
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager