“Great location, TINY room!”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #30 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the last two days of our honeymoon in Colorado. First off, the location of this hotel is ideal! It's right downtown, just moments from the 16th Street Mall and surrounding blocks. A short drive to the highway, Pepsi center (where we watched the Nuggets), and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.

The hotel itself was gorgeous! Very posh. The valet was exceptional, with free car service to surrounding areas. The staff was excellent, and very nice. We actually felt a little out of our element because of how nice the hotel was. The only floor of the hotel that has a balcony is the top floor, but it is little more than a roof lip that runs around the top of the hotel. It is not private, but the specific areas for each room are separated by tall plants. It did allow us to step outside of our room and view the city though. Not much in the way of views, as you are surrounded by other hotels, but it was fun to people watch on the streets below. The hotel was quiet, and seemed to cater to an older crowd of couples and business associates.

Ok, here's the thing, the room is TINY. I mean tiny tiny tiny. The Superior Queen is what we stayed in, and it was still only 330 SQFT. I would not stay there again only because the price did not match the room in my opinion. You walk in the door and the bathroom is immediately to your right, a counter to your left along with two little closets, then 3 steps in is the bed(room). I say bed(room) because that's all you get. A bed in a room, with just enough space to walk around it. There was a keurig, and a little fridge, but the Keurig had to be pulled out of the closet to be plugged in and used. There was no microwave which was kind of a bummer, especially considering all the great restaurants near by. Also, we ordered room service for breakfast our last day there. I was expecting like a $30 bill, well I was wrong. For one omelet, a stack of pancakes and two orange juices it was $60!!!! I was SHOCKED! I don't care how nice the hotel is, there's only one type of pancakes and eggs, and they sure don't equate to $60.00! Like I said, location was great, hotel was beautiful, but I would not stay again. The room was just too small, and everything a little too expensive. There are so many hotels in downtown Denver, that I'm sure you could find one for a better overall package. Maybe something more mainstream...

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior Queen with a balcony, yet it was still only 330 sqft. Only top floor rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqlyn B
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear J_Gulli239, Thank you for the review, and congratulations on your recent marriage! I was happy to see that you enjoyed the location and staff at Hotel Teatro, but I am sorry that your room was too small to enjoy. We do have several different room layouts, and from your description it does sound like you were in one of the smaller ones. If you're travelling to Denver any time in the foreseeable future, I hope you'll reconsider staying with us again. I would love an opportunity to make up for the small room, particularly when you were staying during such an important trip. If you would like to give Hotel Teatro another chance, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your reservation.
Thank you! Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager, 720-889-2134

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Their room key system is more complicated than it needs to be. I had to involve the hotel engineer to get my door open. The TV failed and bathroom lights were burnt out. All of these were fixed but they shouldn't happen. The hotel staff did apologize frequently. They gave me candy for the inconvenience but there was no financial adjustment.

There were several design flaws in the room. The bathroom towel rack was located in the shower. The towels get wet when taking a shower. The toilet was behind the bathroom door and was awkward to use.

Talking to other conference attendees at the same hotel, the rooms are inconsistent in size, some are a good size and some are a little better than a closet. I believe I had a smaller than average size.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank camcain

Dear Camcain, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize or the multiple problems you experienced, and I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your stay with you directly. If you would be so kind, please contact me at jmurphy@hotelteatro.com, or by phone at 720-889-2134. Thank you, and I hope you hear from you soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Teatro for two, 3-day weekends in March 2014. We had events at the convention center, and the location couldn't have been better. The staff was wonderful and really spoiled us during the trip. The rooms were on the smaller side, but were nice and comfortable. The bathrooms were large, with nice fixtures/amenities. There was a rain shower and a full sized tub. There was a fridge in the room. Both rooms faced the street and had quite a bit of street noise (as expected, on St. Paddy's day weekend.) We also awoke to jack hammering one morning--of course not the hotel's fault. One of the rooms had a rattly, drafty window. The staff was very nice, responsive, and accomodating. We had a couple maintainence issues which were quickly fixed. The front desk staff members were very nice and helpful, recommending restaurants, etc. Our events at the convention center didn't end until after checkout. However, they were able to store our bags for us, then get our car loaded prior to our departure in the afternoon. The hotel actually has a great location. We were able to quickly access the biking/running path at the river for morning runs. We also went to many of the restaurants on Larimer, which is only a block away. There is a 7-11 within a half block, so you can stock your fridge. We went over to 16th street a couple of times, but that area is becoming more dumpy and low class. Parts of 16th street resemble a low class strip mall. There seemed to be many more unsavory characters on the mall this time. This will only get worse, as the marijuana stores start to open there. I would stick to Larimer and LoDo. Overall, we really enjoyed our stays at this hotel, and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Plainstravellors
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Plainstravellors, Thank you for the thorough review! We are just a couple blocks from the convention center, making Hotel Teatro an ideal location for attending events there. However, we also have our Escalade hotel car for complimentary transportation to any meetings events around the rest of downtown. I'm sorry about the engineering issues, but pleased to see that our staff handled everything quickly.
Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

First of all the staff and management are top shelf. 24 hour room service. Free local hotel SUV at your convince. It's right in the heart of downtown Denver. All the great restaurants and concert venues are outside the door. So happy I gave this place a chance.

Room Tip: The beds and down comforter is amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sean F
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi Sean F,
Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I don't think I will stay anywhere else whenever I find myself in Denver. I travel extensively all over the world for business and this hotel rates right up with the best in terms of service. They really make you feel like an important VIP guest from the moment you arrive. I had an unfortunate incident with my room key and Joseph Gary (manager) more than made up for the experience by ensuring that I left as a satisfied guest. His attention to detail and follow-up was very much appreciated and unexpected. You will not get this kind of service from a chain hotel. Nice work Joseph and staff! I shall return...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mejulio

mejulio, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are really lucky to have such a great staff here, and we all sincerely appreciate the kind words. Joseph is a newer member of our management team we all enjoy working with him, but it's so nice to see what an impression he made. I hope you don't stay anywhere else when you find yourself in Denver!
Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is all about the theater. If you are going to experience 14th street and the DCPA it is a must stay. Elegant rooms, great service, best food and in the heart of the city. I live in Cherry Creek but make sure I stay here at least once a quarter. Beautiful, Magnificent and Impeccable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lion_and_his_cub
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for the complimentary review, LionessWithG-d!
We appreciate the feedback, and it's great to see that you stay with us so regularly! As you pointed out, Hotel Teatro is in a great location for theater, restaurants, and a lot of other things to do in Downtown Denver. We always love seeing local Denverites staying with us when they come Downtown to take advantage of everything going on in the neighborhood.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

What a lovely hotel! We were greeted warmly upon arrival and checked in very quickly. The room was just on the second floor and I was a bit worried that we were right across from the elevator, but thankfully it wasn't a problem at all.

The room, while small, was fantastic! The bed was very comfortable. I spent a ridiculous amount of time soaking in the tub and enjoyed myself immensely. The shower, according to my companion, was excellent as well - I don't think he wanted to leave! Lots of water pressure and plenty of hot water!

While we were only able to stay for one night, we hope to be back again soon!

Room Tip: A tip for other travelers - I had found a better rate on Expedia, but I called the hotel directly an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reanthon
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thanks for the great review, reanthon! We're happy to see that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel Teatro and hope you can stay longer next time!
Also, I'm glad you pointed out that we matched the rate you found online. We will match just about any rate you can find online for Hotel Teatro, and getting those few moments to speak directly with you on the phone gives us a great opportunity to get to know you a little but and and see how we can personalize your stay and find the best room to fit your preferences.
Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!