“Quick stay”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #31 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel was nice. Room was small but comfortable and had nice bedding and the bathroom was amazing. My only complaint was due to construction the restaurant was not open and I was not told beforehand. But I was able to order room service when needed. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for the review Emily H!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jordan Murphy

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We like staying in historic hotels and this one qualifies. Our room was quite large and well-furnished. For once, there were more outlets than we needed for recharging electronic gear. The view from our ninth-floor corner room and balcony was wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful and made some extra effort to be accommodating. The free wine bar in the late afternoon was welcome, but the breakfast offerings were sparse. The hotel was convenient to many attractions and restaurants, all within walking distance. There is a free town car for traveling up to two miles, but we didn't need it. We're we didn't find the hotel's full potential was in the lack of an on-site restaurant. It was undergoing a remodel so there was no in-hotel eating option. No problem, though, there were lots of nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for the review Overlooker! I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the restaurant being closed, but hopefully you'll come back and stay with us again after The Nickel opens! Please feel free to reach out to me directly to assist with your reservations.
Thanks again! Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed her in March and overall this was a very nice hotel. The local brew served at the bar was great as were the appetizers. Rooms were small but nicely decorated. The location is central to most Denver activities; however, the weekend noise from the local bar scene was very disruptive during the evening.....

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing 14th street due to local nightlife bar scene....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Kim L,
Thank you for taking to time to share your experience, and we're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope you'll stay with us again, and I encourage you to contact the property directly to make your reservation so we can be sure to offer you a room that faces away from the street noise!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Staff were all great and helpful. Very courteous, all friendly and happy to be of service. Location was great for getting all around the downtown area. Remodel was the only disappointment, and look forward to seeing it once everything is finished. It sounds like it will be fabulous and an even better place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Steve P, Thank you for the review! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the remodel, but we're very excited to show off the finished product! We hope you'll come back and check out our new lobby and restaurant once the renovation is complete!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I spent 2 nights while attending a conf. at the Curtis, only a block away. Perfect location for walking back and forth! The Lobby and everything is under construction, which was no big deal except the bar is closed (no glass of wine to wind down with at night). But the 2nd night, I called down to the desk and was so excited that they were able to deliver me a glass of wine to my room - fantastic!! I can't remember the guys name, but he was super, super nice and totally made my night and my stay!

The rooms are great, better lighting in the bathroom would be nice, but not sure it's possible with the floorplan.

Thank you for a great stay and I'll be back with my post remodel discount provided at check-in! Can't wait to see everything once it's all done!

Dear StayInBreck,
Thank you for the review, we're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry you weren't able to get a glass of wine on the first night of your stay. During the remodel we are offering a complimentary happy hour for guests on our concourse level where we are offering wine, but I apologize for not letting you know when you arrived.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I'd read such nice things about Hotel Teatro, and I was looking forward to my one-night stay in a non-chain hotel so close to everything in Downtown Denver. Turns out the location is about the only thing this place has going for it.

When I arrived, I walked into the lobby to find the hotel restaurant was going through some major renovations, which meant there was no lobby to speak of (and no bar/restaurant). The check-in staff (and they were very nice) was seated at covered card tables with old manual credit card swipers. No big deal, renovations happen.

My room was tiny, smaller than most of the places I've stayed in Manhattan, but it was clean and well appointed and I had no real complaints. Until the next morning. I woke up to get ready for a long day of meetings only to find that the shower head didn't work, and the bath didn't drain. So not only did I have to take a nasty bath, but I had to take a cold nasty bath since the water had been running before I realized it wasn't draining at all. Then, the hair dryer didn't work right (it had only "on" and "unplugged" speeds). Then when I went to check out, I explained the situation to the employee at the "desk" and she said, "Oh. Sorry. But was everything else good?" There was no offer to right things, no credit, not even a real apology. When my colleague checked out, they didn't ask him for his key, for which he'll be charged $35.

This place was a complete disappointment.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the street.
1  Thank acmestyled

acmestyled, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and for your patience with out remodel. I sincerely apologize for the shortfalls during your stay, and for the manner in which your feedback was handled. I have spoken with our housekeeping and engineering managers to address slow drain issue in all of our rooms.
Thank you again for your time, and my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you experienced.
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really lovely hotel in the centre of Denver- close to shops and cafés ( walking distance). We were travelling with a friend and booked the first night with 2 superior rooms as a stop off before our road trip. The rooms were excellent, large well equipped and quiet, the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tanzey K
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Tanzey K,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you travel through Denver. I hope you all had a great time on your road trip!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy