“No tea and no bath is tough for a Brit to deal with...”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I loved being in this hotel. Great location when in Denver on business, good size room, comfy bed. But after three cities in as many days I would have loved to sink into a nice bath. Sadly only a shower was available in my room. Oh well, can't have everything. The refurbishment work in the hotel aslo meant that waiting for a lift (elevator) was a long painful proces as generally only one was working at any one time. However the lobby staff were kind and courteous always.
Drinks facilities were available in every room, but despite a real choice of coffees the only tea on offer was green tea. For an old fashioned English girl green tea just isn't tea. And four days in Denver were tougher to deal with no tea to smooth things through.
The hotel just was not close enough to good to score more than 3/5, but with a couple of minor tweeks, it will be great

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GIJayne19
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear GIJayne19, thank you for the feedback! Many of our rooms do have large, deep-soaking tubs so please let us know during while making your reservation and we'll do everything we can to make sure you get into a room with a big bathtub! Also, thanks for the feedback on the tea! We'll start stocking a couple more options!
Thanks again, Jordan

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great location, close to Larimer and some great restaurants. Helpful staff, left my charger in the car and they brought to me before I made it up to my room. Comfortable rooms with big bathrooms and nice amenities. The only place to stay when you visit Denver.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Erik D

Thanks for the great review, Erik D! Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed overnight at Hotel Teatro. It was in a great location. The staff was really friendly, very accommodating. They have a free car service which was a big help when we returned our car rental. Very nice free wine and cheese and coffee and tea in the morning in their bright lounge. The room was comfortable with nice amenities (Krueg machine, plenty of outlets, nice size bathroom. My only complaint was the very tiny room..hard to walk around (Room 1202).

Room Tip: My only complaint was the very tiny room..hard to walk around (Room 1202).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dana G, Thank you for the review!
I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! Feel free to give us a call directly next time so we can find a bigger room for you! Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were recently in town for a wedding. From the moment we walked into the hotel until our cab was driving us back to the airport, the hotel staff was completely professional and friendly. They gave us great restaurant suggestions and drove us around town in a beautiful Cadillac Escalade. A big thanks to Gabriel for picking out the perfect places to see and get a bite to eat. Even though the hotel was under construction it didn't bother us one bit. They offered complimentary drinks and food for breakfast and before dinner, and you never felt like there was construction going on. The room was clean, comfortable, and perfect during our stay. Hands down, the next time we're in town we'll be staying at Hotel Teatro. Thank you for making our trip to Denver so enjoyable!

Room Tip: We had a standard room with a queen bed and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Kristen T,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to Gabe and the rest of the team. We're looking forward to seeing you again!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy

Reviewed 12 June 2014

In the heart of downtown just a short walk to Larimer SQ restaurants and shopping; near to museums and entertainment is Hotel Teatro.
We've stayed here maybe 5 times to date and will continue to on our yearly Denver trip.
The rooms we've had were not spacious but pleasant and mostly well appointed, however, on our last trip we had an oddly appointed room with a very long hall, too narrow to be useful and a bathroom that was relatively large compared to the living space but difficult to navigate i.e, you had to close the bathroom door to open the shower door which then closed off the toilet area and left no room for a bathmat between the shower and the bathroom doors. We did have a deal that time but still.
Other times we have been pleasantly surprise with the accommodations and the rooms we've had have always been bright and cheerful.
The staff is very helpful, especially the guys who park and retrieve your car multiple times a day. We always make it a point to have brunch in the bar restaurant if it happens we are there on a Sunday as well as drinks and light fare during our stay.
We enjoy this hotel very much!

Room Tip: If you book an excellent deal price wise you might ask to see the room first before moving in? On t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear wannabeinnature,
Thank you for the complimentary review! It's particularly nice to see such positive feedback from guests like you who have stayed with us many times. Because our building was not built with a hotel in mind (and in 1911), we do have more different room types than most properties, and some of them have unique layouts. However, please contact us directly at the property to make your next reservation so we can work with you to make sure you get the best deal available for the room type you're looking for!
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The room was tiny. The bathroom made up 1/2 the total space. Wood rotting along the baseboards of the entryway. The hallways and shared space in the hotel were quite tired. Lastly, the shower wasn't sealed...each shower results in a lake across 1/2 the bathroom floor. No turn down service nor amenities given the construction. Archaic key system. Overall very disappointing for the price. Would not recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Epl222, Thank you for the review, and I'm sorry you were underwhelmed with your stay. I'm sorry if it was not communicated adequately, but we do offer turndown service upon request. Also, I'm glad you mentioned the key system because we are actually replacing it in July. We recognize that our current key system is not very user-friendly, and so we are replacing it with VingCard, a more typical system for hotels.
Thanks again for the review, and I hope you'll give Hotel Teatro another try.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

When I arrived I had just driven 12 hours and the moment I stepped into the lobby an employee asked me if they could walk my dog for me and inquired as to whether I would need food and water dishes, dog food, treats, etc.
I didn't stay long, just long enough to sleep and then left again in the morning, but I couldn't have asked for a more pet friendly place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dianne W, Thank you for the review! We love dogs here, and I'm very happy to see that our team made such an impression after your long drive. Please come back and see us again soon!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager