“Be sure to get a receipt for the key”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #28 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located for attending performing arts. I visited in May 2014 and the lobby area was undergoing major renovations. The room was quite nice but there were very noisy ventilators outside my window which made it a little difficult to sleep. The breakfast had no 1/2 and 1/2 for the coffee and was missing other items such as spoons. They were very slow to bring the missing items. When I checked in I was told there was a $35 charge for not returning the key. Keeping that in mind, I am sure I returned the key to the front desk but they charged my credit card $35 claiming I didn't return the key. Several phone calls and messages left for the manager yielded no calls back or satisfaction. If you stay here, get a written receipt for the key when you turn it in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Eileen M
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for the review, Eileen M. I'm very sorry about the mistaken key charge, but I am happy to say that as of last week we have an entirely new lock system for our guest rooms! We no longer have the Intellikey system and so we have eliminated the key replacement charge altogether.
I hope at this point the billing issue has been rectified, but if not, please feel free to contact me directly so I can reverse the charge. Thank you, and again my apologies for the inconvenience.
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have always loved staying at the Hotel Teatro, and the latest renovations they are completing in the Lobby areas are fantastic. The highly-anticipated new restaurant, The Nickel, was undergoing finishing touches for its grand opening - but the adjacent, more casual lounge space ("The Study") was a delightful alternative. Breakfast was delicious and afternoon cocktail service included complementary Cheese & Charcuterie plates due to the restaurant's closure. All elements of the Hotel's service (valet, bellmen, reception, concierge, and barista attendants) were impeccable. I am already looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review, ccroque!
We are very excited about the Study, and The Nickel (opening tomorrow!) It's great to see such positive feedback from a long-time guest, and we look forward to your next visit!
Thanks again,
Jordan

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hotel Teatro was terrific, and the staff are very, very kind. They took special care of me every day, even going to buy me a replacement for a phone charger and cord that died during my stay. I have never had such kind attention in a hotel anywhere in the world, and plan to return and return whenever my travels take me to Denver.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet. Couldn't even hear whether next door's occupants were watching tv, et...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

pgtraveler2014, thank you for the complimentary review!
We're all proud of out recent remodel, but our service is still what truly makes Hotel Teatro what it is. I am lucky to get to work with such a great team, and I will be sure to share your comments with all of them.
Thanks again, please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I loved, loved, loved this little gem! The staff was outstanding. I arrived earlier than first expected, like 8:30am in Denver. I quickly called the hotel and asked if I could check in early, the receptionist without skipping a beat checked if there were any rooms available and said sure, we will see you when you get here. We are happy to accommodate you! I got to the hotel at 9:15am and was checked in, offered a light breakfast and sent off happily to my beautiful room. That was Awesome:) I was so tired from flying and could not imagine having to stay at the airport for 6 hrs until check-in, that was customer service above and beyond.

My room was small but beautifully appointed and the bathroom was exceptional. I'm serious about my bathroom and they did not disappoint! Beautiful:)

Not the hotel was under renovation, getting a new restaurant but the staff and light fare offered was wonderful. Room service was also enjoyable. Restaurants were walking distance, like two blocks away. A little night life and eating right by the hotel, I was in heaven. The staff was very nice in recommending places to eat. I have to mention Euclid Hall!! Yummmm I will review them later.

This was one of the best boutique hotels for a short stay or long. I will definitely come back! Did I mention the free, yes free car service available. As long as no one is using it, it's yours! Nice touch:) Loved everything and everyone at this hotel and can't wait to come back.

Bravo, Hotel Teatro!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

TracyN, Thank you for the great review! We're happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! We're very close to the end of the renovation with The Nickel opening this week, I sincerely hope you'll come back and check it out during your next stay. Please come back and let us know what you think of The Nickel!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manger

Reviewed 11 July 2014

World hold on, THIS is THEE place to stay in LoDo Denver. I just stayed yesterday and couldn't wait to share my experience..the hotel itself is so unique and beautiful..the staff is beyond amazing and I love the boutique feel, I needed a later checkout and some addn'l assistance and these people were so helpful and kind. The loaction is second to none:)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

nikkywilliams, thank you for the great feedback!
We're all pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, hopefully you'll come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Drove up to curb side service and was pleasantly greeted. Overnight valet is a good option and gives you unlimited access to your vehicle for just a few bucks more than the near parking garages. Mark handled our luggage with care and was very attentive. He saw our golf clubs and let us know that if we had any questions or needed any suggestions about where to play to feel free to ask him, he was very knowledgeable about golf in the area. A sense of the staff being attentive to its customers was established from the time time we drove up.

Upon check-in there was a slight discrepancy with our reservation, whether is was an electronic or clerical error, Manager Joseph was there to the rescue. At any other hotel it could have been a major setback, but Joseph was the ultimate professional and provided us with the best solutions available. You can tell he was truly willing to make our hotel experience as best as possible. Thank you Joseph!

Rooms are exactly what you can expect from an upscale, boutique hotel. Cozy, comfortable, spotless, and with all the amenities. Keurig in the room is a great touch, along with Fiji water awaiting you on your first night. Shower is amazing and beds are comfortable. Location is perfect, located just walking distance from most of the desired places downtown. If you're looking for a great upscale hotel experience with a boutique feel, this is definitely the place in downtown Denver.

Overall... the fabulous accommodations, along with Joseph and his staff's willingness to provide a positive experience, is why I would choose to stay here again. There are many hotels to choose from that have an excellent product, but its always the people/staff that are the difference makers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the complimentary review, Bo A! We're very proud of the guest service team we have at Hotel Teatro, and Joseph and Mark two of our very best! I completely agree that people make the difference, and I'm glad you were able to experience how wonderful our team can be. Please come back and meet the newest team members in The Nickel when we open next week!
Thank you again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had been traveling in Colorado for a couple of days, was a bit road weary, and was met with a warm greeting and great customer service the moment I stepped inside.
I travel quite frequently, for work and for leisure, so I am confident that my frame of reference is accurate and the staff at Hotel Teatro exceeded all of my expectations. I have stayed in hostel cabanas on beaches and luxury hotels and everything in between. Despite some minor improvements being made to the hotel, staff made sure to keep guests comfortable and I barely even noticed the construction. Everything was easy and I felt like the staff genuinely care for the guests. The location in downtown Denver is very centrally located and within walking distance to bars, restaurants, the Convention Center and jogging trails.

On the morning I checked out, I had time to kill before heading to the airport and wanted to walk around and explore downtown after my morning run. The concierge was very helpful and worked with the valet, offering to look after my car and bags and point me in the right direction to catch some World Cup action, although I was no longer technically a guest. That is just one example of their exceptional customer service.
From the charming wine bar in the lobby to the elegant, stylish and clean rooms, this place has everything you will need to take a break from your travels and treat yourself. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Emily C
TeatroRoomsDirector, Owner at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for the kind review, Emily C!
We're glad to see that you enjoyed stay, and that our staff made such an impression! We really are lucky to have such a great team here, and I'll make sure that everyone sees your feedback!
Thanks again, we hope to see you again soon!