“Great location, room and superior service”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #30 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 14 December 2008

I've stayed in Denver for business a handful of times now and think I've just found my favorite hotel so far. The room (I upgraded to a corner room for a very nominal fee) was laid out in such a smart and pleasant way that it felt like a little apartment. The service was mostly beyond exceptional, from the ease of check-in to room service. The only shortcomings were with one of the Concierges who didn't know as much of the area or things to recommend than the room service staff (who were really great) and the valet who forgot to get my rental car and almost made me late to my first meeting. But really those were fairly small bumps in the overall service experience from everyone. The hotel itself is located centrally in Denver which makes it great for most of my meetings but the rooms—at least the rooms on my side (and it’s not a large hotel) didn’t have much of a view: from a parking garage on one side to a new building under construction on the other side, but that really didn’t concern me as the location was great and places to walk to and dine were close (it’s close to Larimer Square which is very cute and has plenty of dining/shopping if you’re so inclined). It was also magical to watch the snow falling outside the oversize windows upon my first night of arrival. The construction across the street worried me at first for fear of excessive noise during the day but the windows protected me from most of it, which was a relief.
Overall I highly recommend Hotel Teatro for the location, service, and room layout/comfort. I’ll be back, for sure.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2008

Dear jnjmooreca:

Reservations Manager (Amy)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed 9 December 2008

The hotel was lovely. Our room was nice and we especially enjoyed the bathroom - there was a large soaking tub and a separate shower with a rain showerhead (which we love!). There was also a tv in the bathroom, which was nice when relaxing in the tub. Also, high end fixtures, granite counter, tile flooring, etc. The bed was quite comfortable with nice linens. Also, the small refrigerator hidden in the armoire was helpful for drinks, etc. The complimentary Escalade was wonderful and helped out tremendously when we went out on Saturday night. We explored several downtown and LoDo places on Sat night, and when we needed a ride, we simply called the hotel, and within 10 minutes we were picked up. They even picked us up from the Bronco game on Sunday. The staff was professional and helpful - from the concierge to the valet to the bellman - everyone was great! We ordered room service on Sunday night, and the service was excellent but the food was a bit disappointing, especially in light of the price. Only major complaint would be the construction going on across the street - as we discovered they began work EARLY even on Sat and Sun morning - so it did not work well for 'sleeping in' - but overall the hotel was able to make up for this.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Dear jntjacobsen :

Thank you for taking the time to relay a summary of your expierience at Hotel Teatro. I do apologize for the noise as we want to ensure every guest enjoys a quiet and comfortable stay. The general manager at Hotel Teatro has been informed by the construction manager that early morning work over the weekend will no longer exist. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the amenities and service Hotel Teatro provided during your stay. I look forward to your return.

Amy (Reservations Manager)

Reviewed 22 November 2008

I booked this hotel thru hotelwire. It was a 4.5 star hotel for $102. The room was great!! Linens were great and the bathroom had a separate shower with double sinks.

Overall we were VERY PLEASED with our room.

We did have to pay $26 for valet parking each day.

The rate on their website was $199 per night.

Stayed: November 2008
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2008

Dear jcl456789:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon. Reservations Manager (Amy)

Reviewed 18 November 2008

The hotel was lovely. All the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The Concierge (Andrew) was especially helpful in recommending an excellent sushi restaurant and a place for a haircut. All expectations were exceeded.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2008

Dear vsbElPaso:

Reviewed 14 November 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Teatro for 5d/4n for a professional conference in early November. What an amazing treat. I started my stay with an embarrassing case of altitude sickness. The staff (Torie and Stephen) were so empathetic and sweet in their care of me that I can barely describe how grateful I am. They brought me a nail file when I was too sick to leave my room, brought me water and checked on me periodically through the evening and next morning.

The Hotel is well above average in their service, cleanliness, amenities, location, and decor. Everyone was pleasant and extremely service-oriented. I felt spoiled by Jim and Torie each day that I ordered my wake up call, and more so when they offered to drive me to a conference hotel down the street, complimentary of course. Touches like turn down service with chocolates, the lovely Aveda bath products, the chauffeured Escalade, and complimentary shoe shines were the small things that complimented the personal service and made my stay a very comfortable and memorable one.

I knew Teatro was excellent in every way, but did not fully appreciate it until I attended meetings in another local hotel. Upon entering the other hotel, which will remain nameless to protect the guilty, I was hit with the overwhelming smell of bleach and harsh cleaning products. I was immediately wistful for the pleasantry of Teatro's aromatherapy ambiance.

The bed was divine, the linens exceptional and cozy, the wireless service reliable, the robe and towels fluffy, and the bathtub was something I would have liked to smuggle home in my suitcase. I literally did not want to leave this hotel!

I would highly recommend the Hotel Teatro to anyone: from the quick romantic weekend getaway to the extended (no choice but to attend a conference/meeting./consulting gig) stay. Teatro's staff and amenities will make being away from home special and comfortable.

Dear ChicagoSheila:

Reviewed 10 November 2008

Teatro is a first class independent hotel. Our one night stay was flawless. Helpful service, offer of free rides to nearby attractions, free use of a safe deposit box at the reception desk, incredibly comfortable bed with fabulous linens, comfortable seating area in the room, and a delicious room service breakfast with just squeezed orange juice. Why would anyone ever choose the Ritz or Four Seasons over the Teatro? We only wish we had an excuse to go to Denver more often!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2008

Dear Kbarch:

Reviewed 10 November 2008

I ended up at Hotel Teatro due more to chance than planning, but I'm very glad I did! I was in town for a conference and the cheaper sanctioned hotels were booked by the time I could make my reservation. I decided the $40 difference wouldn't be so bad and the location was perfect. The actual stay was one of the most comfortable I've ever had. I usually get a backache and itchy skin from staying in hotels--- the bed and bed linens were beyond fabulous--- and getting a good night's sleep is critical when you're doing intense conference work 12 + hours a day. The real tub and separate shower were a treat. The turn down service with chocalate is always a nice touch. I also appreciated not being "nickle and dimed to death" since ethernet, wireless, bottled water etc were already included in the room rate. The were ALL very very nice and helpful. Friends ordered room service while we watched elections results and enjoyed the fine food and prompt service (pricey, but worth it).
The construction across the street was noticeable, but really not that bad, especially since I was up early and out during most of the day. The location in a downtown area to me means there will always be a certain amount of noise... but it did not interfere with my sound sleep at all. Overall, I would definitely book again when I return to downtown Denver.

Dear ATfromTuscon: