“Lovely property, great staff"”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Brownsburg, Indiana
“Lovely property, great staff"”
Reviewed 8 April 2009

The Hotel Teatro is in Denver's up and coming theater district, across the street from the Four Seasons, which is under construction. It's a short walk to lots of shopping, and the on-site dining is incredible.

To be sure, this isn't a budget property, but the rooms and other amenities definitely warrant the price. The beds are sublime, the rooms are generously sized. My entry way was set up in such a way that we heard absolutely no noise from the hall.

Also, the bathrooms are spacious with all the latest features and plush towels and Aveda soaps and shampoos.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
ReservationsManager, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 29 April 2009
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon. I appreciate your comments about our Aveda products. In the past, we have discussed going with another brand; however with such positive feedback about the product we have never made a change. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Nebraska
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Teatro during March 2009. The hotel had a perfect combination of charm and character in the architectural details found in historic hotels, coupled with a warm, refined, and polished staff. The shadow box art of the vintage costumes added to the flavor of this hotel near the Denver Performing Arts Center. Both the restaurants in the hotel were wonderful! There is absolutely nothing that I would change about our visit!

aisleseatnewyork
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I am writing to tell you about my recent stay at the Hotel Teatro. I was attending a professional conference from April 2 to 5 in Denver. Despite the inclement weather and a short power outage on Saturday (neither of which I could blame on the hotel!) my stay at your hotel was special. The staff (from housekeeping to the front desk) was always friendly and courteous and made me feel completely welcomed during my stay. My room was outstanding and made dining in my room (which I did a number of nights and the food was amazing) a unique experience. Perhaps the most memorable event occurred my first night at your hotel when upon returning to my room and laying out my clothes for the following day I discovered a large opening in the seam of my suit pants where it appears the thread had ripped. In a state of panic I called the front desk to see if they knew of a local dry cleaner or tailor where I could take the pants the next morning and hopefully have them repaired in time for a meeting later the next days. The front desk said they would get back to me and in a few moments the phone ring and it was the Night Manager (Jim) calling. He seemed genuinely concerned and asked me to tell explain where the tear was located and suggested that he would be happy to hand sew the pants so that I could have them in the early morning. Suffice to say I was impressed that he would make such a generous offer and even more impressed the next morning when the pants were returned not only perfectly repaired but also pressed. He had actually taken the time to press the pants himself!

I have stayed at many fine hotels throughout the United States and Canada but have never received such superb treatment. I extend my sincerely thanks to everyone at the Hotel for making my recent visit so enjoyable and a special thanks to Jim for sewing and pressing my pants!

Dr. Martin Ruck
New York, NY

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and your feedback about Jim does not go unnoticed! I will make sure to pass on your sincere thanks to him at our next Staff meeting. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I have traveled extensively throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe and have yet to find a hotel more perfect than Hotel Teatro. The staff is amazing and quite friendly and helpful. The rooms are so very comfortable and well appointed. I truly wish I could take Teatro with me when I travel. If you want to feel completely at home you MUST stay at Hotel Teatro. The BEST!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.
NH
Reviewed 11 March 2009

My husband and I recently stayed for three nights at Hotel Teatro, and I can't say enough about what a fabulous hotel it is. Our experience was one of the best we've had, and we have traveled extensively around the US and Europe and stayed at many fine hotels. Hotel Teatro is one of the best. The people are the friendliest I've ever encountered at such a luxurious hotel. The men at the door, the folks at check-in, the concierge, the guys who arranged our rides, and Eric the bartender at Prima -- all made us feel so very special. It's perfectly situated in the theater distric and convenient to almost anywhere you want to go in Denver. An elegant hotel that truly makes you feel welcome and at home.

1 Thank Pink53
We are happy to hear that you feel we are one of the best! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.
Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I've recently stayed at this hotel (March 3-5, 2009) for business purposes. When I go to Denver my preference used to be the Hyatt, however Perfect Escapes suggested Hotel Teatro. What a pleasant surprise!. Hotel Teatro surpassed my expectations of a Boutique Hotel.

If you are looking for a quality hotel. This gem has it all!. Friendly staff, extremely clean rooms, great decor and location. Well appointed rooms, spacious, cozy bed and top of the line products Aveda and Frette sheets, towels and bathrobes. Service at Hotel Teatro is second to none, food is great although I only had breakfast there.

If you are a business traveler you will find that Hotel Teatro has everything to offer to the most discerning guest. This is a truly 5 star hotel. My rating is based on my experience from Luxury Hotels around the world (Paris, New York, London and so forth) only.

If you want to compare apples with apples Hotel Teatro is the equivalent of 60 Thompson on Soho, New York or Hazelton Hotel in Toronto. If you know these two hotels you know what I am talking about.

Hotel Teatro surpasses Hyatt Denver by far!. Hotel Teatro was a very enjoyable experience!. I will definetely come back!

Alma
Ontario, Canada

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sispain33
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We are happy to hear that you were able to find our little gem through Perfect Escapes. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.
new york city
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Quite simply, Hotel Teatro is one of the best run hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The staff is beyond accommodating, and the amenities are simultaneously subtle and luxurious. I was truly sad to say good-bye to the Teatro. I stayed on in Denver for a few days, but a friend's house. Every time I'd walk by the hotel, the bellmen would ask me if there was any way they could help me, even though I was no longer a guest at the hotel. I look forward to more visits to the Teatro in the future.

• Liked — The staff -- incredible!
  • Disliked — The restaurant's menu tries a bit too hard to be interesting; some more basic choices would be helpful.
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Moreservicesplease
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us and for the standing ovation! We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.