“I travel often for work--and this is a true favorite. Beautiful, reasonable, and best staff ever”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Vidalia, GA
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Letter I just sent to GM:

I stayed at your hotel almost a week for a culinary conference the end of March. Every single employee was charming, helpful, and on their A-game. Even the maintenance person—who looked very busy!—kindly stopped what he was doing to ask if I needed help finding something as I was wondering down the hall.

I had my shoes shined, an aromatherapy bath drawn, clothes laundered, ate at Kevin Taylors, ordered room service almost daily, asked the concierge and front desk for restaurant tips, and used the courtesy car a zillion times. In other words, I really put the staff to the test—and they passed on all accounts!!!

Wes’ drivers/doormen were all so polite, and I just cannot tell you how nice it is when you’ve been on the road for six week to have such courteous, polite, and sincere attention. It made me feel like I was at a true home away from home! Sure, the beds are great and the amenities are nice, but your staff is what makes this one of my all-time favorites.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
ReservationsManager, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 12 May 2009
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
West Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2009

An excellent small hotel in downtown Denver. The location was very convenient to all the downtown tourist sites. The entire staff (valet, bell captain, front desk, concierge) was outstanding with their service. The room was very comfortable, nicely decorated, and contained all the necessary amenities. The theater-theme in the hotel decorations was very interesting.

This is one hotel that we truly enjoyed and would go out of our way to visit again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.
Wyoming
Reviewed 23 April 2009

The hotel is beautiful, the service is excellent. You are within a couple blocks (walking distance) of the 16th Street Mall. I will not stay here again but I rated this hotel high because I think most people will find this hotel apealing. Also, it is very common in the downtown area to pay $26 for valet parking.

We are from a very small town and this was our first trip to Denver to take our 7 month old baby to a specialist. We chose Hotel Teatro because we didn't know our way around Denver and this was relatively close to the hospitals. This hotel was a little out of our league. We felt very awkward receiveing the level of service that we did. (we are very independant, not used to people opening doors for us, carrying our bags, parking our cars etc, kissing our [--] to get tips......)

The only negative was: The restaurant was pretty pretencious. There was a bad snow so most everything downtown was closed. Our son was very sick and we were trying everything to get him to eat. There was no place open to go get him some food. So I called down to the restaurant (knowing that it was a long shot) to see if they had some applesauce. Being a prestigious place, they were offended that I had even suggested they would have such crap in their restaurant. The matrodee actually hung up on me. In a hotel which had staff available to go jogging with us if we so desired, they got upset by my 'hope' that they might accidentally have applesauce? A simple "no, I am sorry maam," would have sufficed. We were already stressed out with a sick baby who is screaming, hungry and won't eat, we are already intimidated by the city and the hotel, that was the last thing we needed. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
ReservationsManager, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 29 April 2009
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. I greatly apologize for the service you received in the PRIMA restaurant. The interaction that you described is not typical of our expected level of service. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond the call of duty and clearly fell short during your stay. We will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the restaurant staff to follow up with additional training.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Our room was small, but everything in it was perfectly detailed and scaled to fit the room. I especially loved the fact that Aveda toiletries were in the bathroom. The hotel car was available at all times to whisk us free of charge to any destination within a 2 mile radius.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon. Thank you for your feedback about our Aveda products. We get great feedback about their products and will continue to keep using Aveda.
Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed 8 April 2009

The Hotel Teatro is in Denver's up and coming theater district, across the street from the Four Seasons, which is under construction. It's a short walk to lots of shopping, and the on-site dining is incredible.

To be sure, this isn't a budget property, but the rooms and other amenities definitely warrant the price. The beds are sublime, the rooms are generously sized. My entry way was set up in such a way that we heard absolutely no noise from the hall.

Also, the bathrooms are spacious with all the latest features and plush towels and Aveda soaps and shampoos.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon. I appreciate your comments about our Aveda products. In the past, we have discussed going with another brand; however with such positive feedback about the product we have never made a change. Thanks again!
Nebraska
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Teatro during March 2009. The hotel had a perfect combination of charm and character in the architectural details found in historic hotels, coupled with a warm, refined, and polished staff. The shadow box art of the vintage costumes added to the flavor of this hotel near the Denver Performing Arts Center. Both the restaurants in the hotel were wonderful! There is absolutely nothing that I would change about our visit!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
aisleseatnewyork
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I am writing to tell you about my recent stay at the Hotel Teatro. I was attending a professional conference from April 2 to 5 in Denver. Despite the inclement weather and a short power outage on Saturday (neither of which I could blame on the hotel!) my stay at your hotel was special. The staff (from housekeeping to the front desk) was always friendly and courteous and made me feel completely welcomed during my stay. My room was outstanding and made dining in my room (which I did a number of nights and the food was amazing) a unique experience. Perhaps the most memorable event occurred my first night at your hotel when upon returning to my room and laying out my clothes for the following day I discovered a large opening in the seam of my suit pants where it appears the thread had ripped. In a state of panic I called the front desk to see if they knew of a local dry cleaner or tailor where I could take the pants the next morning and hopefully have them repaired in time for a meeting later the next days. The front desk said they would get back to me and in a few moments the phone ring and it was the Night Manager (Jim) calling. He seemed genuinely concerned and asked me to tell explain where the tear was located and suggested that he would be happy to hand sew the pants so that I could have them in the early morning. Suffice to say I was impressed that he would make such a generous offer and even more impressed the next morning when the pants were returned not only perfectly repaired but also pressed. He had actually taken the time to press the pants himself!

I have stayed at many fine hotels throughout the United States and Canada but have never received such superb treatment. I extend my sincerely thanks to everyone at the Hotel for making my recent visit so enjoyable and a special thanks to Jim for sewing and pressing my pants!

Dr. Martin Ruck
New York, NY

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and your feedback about Jim does not go unnoticed! I will make sure to pass on your sincere thanks to him at our next Staff meeting. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will be back to see us soon.