“Fantastic Service, Great Location, Small-ish Room”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Lincoln, Ne
“Fantastic Service, Great Location, Small-ish Room”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Teatro last spring while visiting family and friends in Denver. Upon pulling up to the hotel, the bellmen immediately greeted us, handled our bags and valeted our car. The front desk was every bit as helpful and accommodating.

We found the room to be very well appointed, although a bit on the small side. In contrast, the bathroom was actually exceptionally large with a soaking tub and a sizable shower with a "rain forest" shower head. The only real downside of the room was the bed area, but considering the age of the building this wasn't especially surprising. The hotel has done a very good job of using the space that was available to them.

Check out was smooth as well and again the bell staff were especially accommodating. They let us keep our vehicle in their limited parking area out front while we went down the street for coffee and bagels.

We will most certainly return.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 3 September 2009
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
London, UK
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I didn't get to the hotel until midnight so it was quiet. However the staff were welcoming and friendly. The room was absolutely lovely, a standard room it had soaf and chairs, workdesk and two beds, so was pretty spacious and looked great. There were nioce little touches such as the TV guide open to that days TV and chocolates on the pillows which one sees so rarely now.

I slept well with the room being very quiet and no distrubances from elsewhere in the hotel.

In the morning I went to explore Denver and found that the main areas such as the 16th Street Mall were only a couple of blocks away, so it is an indeal location for visiting the city.

The hotel delayed my check out by an hour with no problem at all and everyone was friendly and charming throughout.

This is a lovely hotel in a great location and if I'm in Denver again I'll defintely stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 25 August 2009
Kentucky
Reviewed 18 August 2009

My husband and I stayed one night in May 2009 to celebrate his 50th birthday. All the good reviews we read online helped us to choose this particular hotel. We're so glad we did. Upon returning from sightseeing we were surprised to find a chilled bottle of sparking wine and chocolates waiting for us in our room. It was a thoughtful gesture that we truly appreciated. The complimentary car service was another nice perk. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
New Mexico
Reviewed 18 August 2009

There are many reasons I frequently return to the Hotel Teatro, but elegant service leads the list. I have had the pleasure of staying at the finest accomodations worldwide. Hotel Teatro combines the best of the best in one refined and tasteful package. They never miss a beat from your curbside arrival to your departing check-out. This is a highly recommended property and should be on your list as a business or pleasure traveller. They accomodate all with easy grace.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are so happy to have you as a frequent guest!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I stayed at the Teatro for 3 nights at the end of July on a business trip. Simply put, this hotel is an absolute jewel. The location can't be beat, with Larimer Square and the 16th Street Mall within walking distance, along with tons of restaurants. The only reason I gave the room a 4 instead of a 5 is because the rooms themselves are on the smaller side, but even then, the rooms were well appointed, with separate tub and shower, flat screen TV and complimentary wireless internet (yeah!). But what really makes this hotel stand out is the staff. Not only do they do their job, they do it well, and with a smile to boot. The concierge and bell staff were especially helpful when I was trying to locate some boxes of material I needed for some appointments.

I work in the hotel industry, and while I'm certainly not a "hotel snob" by any means, I do look at certain things whenever I'm traveling on business (occupational hazard). At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if a hotel has the best location in town with the largest rooms. It's all about service and the guest experience. I definitely look forward to my next stay at the Teatro.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and especially our staff. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.
islebet04
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We booked the Teatro on advice of some friends and absolutely loved it! I had not been to downtown Denver in several years and we really enjoyed the city. The 16th St Mall is just a few blocks away, Larimer Square right down the block and we also walked over to Coors Field for a Rockies game.
We had numerous family plans, so came and went a lot from the hotel. The doormen and valets were all superb, remembering our name and were very prompt. We had breakfast at the hotel twice and it was excellent both times, the young man who was present waiting tables both mornings was not overly friendly, but he was efficient. My main regret is that we did not have dinner at the hotel, as I hear the restaurant is fantastic. Rooms were clean,well appointed and beds/pillows excellent.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, 10 August 2009
New York
Reviewed 5 August 2009

just can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. As a rule, I typically only stay at upscale properties, both domestically and abroad. From the amenities to the decor, everything was perfect. Beautiful without over doing it. The staff, however, is what makes this one of the absolute best hotels in my well-traveled world. I don't typically like to single staff members out, but in this case, I feel compelled to mention Tori. She checked me in at the front desk, and was by far the friendliest, most professtional person I've ever encountered working at a hotel. The following morning, I ordered room service, and who delivers it? Tori. Again, professtional and helpful. She not only remembered my name, but always greeted me with a smile, gave me great recommendations about the city, and she was seemingly everywhere in the hotel. She was even working the front door one time when I left! The entire staff was beyond commendable, and this hotel truly seems to be a place people enjoy working. I will go out of my way to visit Denver again, Just for an excuse to experience a little bit more of this wonderful hotel.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. I will personally ensure that your comments about Tori and passed along to her. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.