“Service that Makes the ritz taste like a partially hydrogenated cracker wrapped in yellow wax paper”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #28 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Some of the best service I have ever experienced. They would literally drop whatever they were doing to help you. They have an courtesy Escalade that I used instead of taxi's and I tipped the kids driving- they would pick me up anywhere downtown as well. The rooms were spotless (mine was on the tight side but well appointed). Every time you sat in the lobby they would ask if you wanted something to drink, etc... coffee, water, etc.. the doormen would run to open them for you and the bartenders encouraged samples of all the local micro brews. the housekeeprs were fantastic as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2009

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of our car service. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a total of five nights while attending a conference from October 2 through October 7. Some high end hotel's can make one feel intimidated. The staff at Hotel Teatro were the best. They were exceptionally friendly, helpful, and thoughtful. These people can write the book on customer service, they were supurb. We had one minor glitch upon check-in, however the staff handled the problem promptly and upgraded us to a larger room as a result. We were glad they did. The rooms were a tad small. However, a lot of thought was put into the design of the rooms with comfort being the theme. The bed was great! The bathroom was very nice with an awesome shower. Even the furniture was comfortable. The only down side to the location of our room was the constant drone of the large air conditioner units outside. With the exception of that, the room was very quiet. The non-conference rates are high, however we would stay there again. Hotel Teatro is a very special Denver hotel. If you are reading this review trying to decide which hotel to stay at choose Hotel Teatro, it is worth it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. There are a couple of rooms that face the A/C units and you are right, sometimes they are loud. When you come back, please request a room away from the A/C units and we will make sure that you are on a higher floor. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 27 September 2009

The hotel was in an awesome location. I stayed there for the proximity of the hotel to the convention center. It was only about two blocks from the convention center and two blocks (maybe three) from the 16th street mall.

The check in staff was wonderful, very friendly. Sorry I didn't take pictures of the room. Walked in and there was a nice little foyer / entry way. The bathroom had a nice large soaking tub. A separate shower. Two sinks. The bathrobes were very nice. Aveda amenities.

Two or three steps down was the bedroom / sitting area. The bed was extremely comfortable. Despite the hotel being right in the city and right on 14th, the room was very quiet. I kept my car with the valet service and had to use it several times during my stay. The hotel was always super prompt with retrieving my car. We utilized the front desk several times, and they were always more than accommodating. The room was cleaned once a day with a turn down service that tidied everything up.

The only slight issue that my friend and I had was with the wifi. We were both having problems accessing the internet. We could connect to their network, but neither of our laptops would connect to the internet. Only local access would be given. We didn't try to call down to the front desk. It wasn't a big issue for either of us.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2009

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. I do apologize that you were having issues connecting to the internet during your stay. We were having issues with our internet service this weekend and we are currently waiting for a part to be delivered to the hotel to rectify the situation. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 25 September 2009

We stayed at Hotel Teatro during a move cross country to relocate from CT to CA. While approaching Denver, weary from another long day of travel, we agreed to try Hotel Teatro. The description sounded great and they were dog friendly. I've traveled a lot and stayed in many a hotel room but I have to say the room was really nice, sleek, bed was GREAT and the room service was prompt. It is a terrific location and the the staff at Hotel Teatro was exceptional. They could not have been nicer to us or our dog. Tori, at the front desk got us into a fantastic restaurant for Sunday brunch called Snooze. Excellent food. The hotel even provided transporation in a Black Escalade. There was a long line waiting to get in. We didn't wait at all. They treated us very well because they said they like the Hotel Teatro.

I fell in love with the hotel and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2009

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and specifically Tori. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2009

From the moment we checked it, we knew this was a special hotel. The location is fantastic (walk to everything), and the view from our balcony room was beautiful! Ameneties were top notch, and th bathroom was fantastic! Bed was super comfortable with big fluffy blankets and pillows (and I am a bed snob). The only thing you give up for the luxury ambiance is room size. I knew it would be small (boutique), but even for 2 of us on a long weekend it was a bit too tight in the main area (although the bathroom was large which was great). But when you are in such a great city, you don't spend much time in your room anyway. Thank you Hotel Teatro for a beautiful stay!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 20 September 2009

When we checked out I asked them to help with my bags. They asked me to wait for 10-15 minutes because they are busy. So I took the bags down myself and was completely surprise when I saw them doing nothing but chatting!! I waited for my car and when it came no body bothered to help with the bags again. One guy his name is HELLBURGER did not even bother to open the doors for me or help my wife. It was like get out of here!!!

I will never come back again. I will look for somewhere else until the Four Seasons open.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SEEF3
Reviewed 16 September 2009

What a fantastic gem in the middle of Denver. I could walk to everything and the staff was always on. If you want a stressless stay, this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business